Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth vs Kanji

Discuss the Kanji matchup here.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

A well-spaced 5B on his wakeup will severely limit his options due to the fact it isn't effected by his R-action.

I always thought that using SB.Agi against Kanji was a bad idea since the move brings him close to you and the whole point of the match is to keep him away but I see some JP players using it anyway. Can someone shed some light on this?

I always thought that using SB.Agi against Kanji was a bad idea since the move brings him close to you and the whole point of the match is to keep him away from you but I see some JP players using it anyway. Can someone shed some light on this?

Elizabeth has a number of tools that make it so she's not in that bad of a situation close range against kanji. Mainly 2B > j.B is a much better option against Kanji than 5B because it makes you throw invincible. At the same time Kanji can't just throw out moves because he has to respect Elizabeth's midscreen Thanatos game to an extent. Having Kanji on the absolute other side of the screen could make it dangerous if you get hit by his lightning into electric not being able to move stuff. It's not about not letting Kanji get close, it's about not letting Kanji get IN.

Mainly it comes down to your confidence against the PLAYER not the character but the player. Can this player get in on you through your pressure. Do you know he can? Etc etc. Elizabeth is a character that has a gameplan. If that gameplan involves bringing Kanji close then all you need to do is plan for what he can do against you at that range.

How do I deal with Kanji on my wakeup? if I try to poke he has multiple options, his B+D which beats every attack and his D command grab which has unlimited armor. If I jump away he jumps and does his air to ground grab.

Also, since getting in and doing combos is basically asking to get destroyed, how do I actually do damage in this matchup? Standing B has horrible recovery on whiff and every time I use it I eat a command grab. Lasers seem good but I'm not sure where to go from there.

Bursting as a Reversal comes to mind. It will stop Kanji if he really has to press buttons (He does, he doesn't want to let you get away). Also, you need to beat Kanji in a rudimentary fashion, because basic ones are either going to try to grab you in one direction, or the other. If you think he's going to R-Action, block and punish. If you think he's going to grab, short hop and go for the full punish. If you think he's going to air-grab, stay grounded and punish. If he gives you an opening, roll.

fullscreen

.stall. stall. stall. try to hold back from just running in, liz is strongest in the MU right here.

.if you hug the wall, kanji's d (lightning bolts) won't touch you. you're free to zone with a/b zio. 5c is fast enough to go past the bolts. there's still a risk of thanatos getting hit though.

.if he jumps, get ready to 2b his air command grab. you can only dodge it, by ducking or reacting quickly and dashing (not IAD) out of the way. if it whiffs, free combo for you.

just a little bit for now.

fullscreen

.stall. stall. stall. try to hold back from just running in, liz is strongest in the MU right here.

.if you hug the wall, kanji's d (lightning bolts) won't touch you. you're free to zone with a/b zio. 5c is fast enough to go past the bolts. there's still a risk of thanatos getting hit though.

.if he jumps, get ready to 2b his air command grab. you can only dodge it, by ducking or reacting quickly and dashing (not IAD) out of the way. if it whiffs, free combo for you.

just a little bit for now.

Just finished playing a tournament. 3/5 matches I went against were Kanji. I lost to 2 Kanjis. D= I need to hug the wall more.

I'd just like to add that a well-spaced 5B on his wakeup will severely limit his options due to the fact it isn't effected by his R-action.

Okay, so basically you run like a bitch against this dude. I fought this Kanji a few times and ran like crazy. I barely know matchups yet so I guess I did okay for someone who's starting out.