Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth vs Elizabeth

Enjoy your game of playing cards!

Punishes:

• You can punish A.Zio with an A.Zio of your own!
  • You can react to her R-Action with your R-Action!

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

Avoid being hit by D.Garu at all costs :v:. Never use use projectiles when the other Liz has 100 SP, either.

TheG3arHead asked for some advice on the mirror match-up so I'll just post it here. A lot of liz's hate this match-up.

In general, the Liz player that knows the character's flaws the best will win. Liz's defense is bad so fellow Liz players have to rely on fundamentals to exploit her weaknesses. Work on reacting to the animation of 2C|5D so the opponent can never land free damage. Roll 5C when it's used predictably. SB Maragidyne is punishable when used in neutral - even after counterhit R-Action - by running forward and rolling through the fire. Option select her R-Action with gatlings like 5AA - if the first hit whiffs then the gatling won't come out so jump and punish it. If you instant block 5B from about mid range distance then roll beats 5C.

As for Liz's actually good tools:

2B - Godlike hitbox. It stuffs vertical jump-ins hard and beats her attempts to reset a block string since everything is minus or throw reset. It can be beaten by spacing herself at a sweetspot distance, AA baiting with Magarudyne, or safe cross-ups with IATD jA.

jB - Godlike footsie tool for keeping the other Liz out. However, if they try to use it to get in then it straight up loses to sweep, and because of her hitbox gets confirmed into extremely easy Magarudyne loops. For example, if Liz ends a combo with 5C > jC and tries to IAD jB for pressure, sweep will win 100% of the time and net 4k damage.

Maziodyne - Good at keeping Liz honest from full screen distance. As was said, A Zio punishes A Zio on block so get in the free damage. If you have 50 Heat then Zio OMC can get you in for free. SB Zio OMC gets you in super free. These are useful since jB and 2B are fairly annoying to get around when you're forced to approach, and if it hits near the corner then you get a hit confirm into oki or a reset.

Garudyne - Godmode hitbox and the tornado part eats projectiles like 5B. Its only real downside is being minus on block but it's fairly safe and gets in for free with OMC.

I'll edit this with more info as I think of it.

Learn to not get hit grabbed by 5D... Everything else I easily learned to counter or block but that 5D... For some reason I have a harder time reacting to it as Elizabeth even though I dodged the 5D like I knew it would happen at the start of the match when I play anyone else. :P *Shrugs* But seriously practice on knowing how to react on the 5C string and follow-ups because getting caught by 5D could screw you especially if it's a counter. Considering Liz's low health, it's fatal to get caught in a damaging combo as the other Liz. So always be on the guard. And remember to be careful on the air like any other opponent you see since Mabufudyne and 2B are air unblockable. So Magarudyne will help a lot.