Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[P4A] Elizabeth vs Akihiko

Discuss the Akihiko matchup here.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

Does anyone know any tricks to deal with Aki's 5D? I get pulled in, and kinda panic, so I don't know what to do. Do I have to respect Aki after 5D? Or can I throw something out?

you get to crossup for free, he actually puts himself into a guessing game lol

if he does it fullscreen then you can lazor

although if you're gonna laser be safe and use SB zio. He can roll through the other two, but SB is safe (as far as i know)

I like just airdashing, I feel like I'm magnetized hakumen against tager. May not be the smartest thing ever though.

Does anyone know any tricks to deal with Aki's 5D? I get pulled in, and kinda panic, so I don't know what to do. Do I have to respect Aki after 5D? Or can I throw something out?

you can use Garu. Stop getting pulled in and akihiko has to be very careful about punishing it. But at least you don't have to worry about 5D

Some words on countering Akihiko's Maziodyne > OMC > Mix-up

Firstly: Mahamaon can punish on reaction to the super flash by being Invul through the whole attack, denying Aki the opportunity to OMC. At close range you can combo into the IK if you have enough meter, otherwise you won't be able to do much of anything at longer ranges since Thanatos' recovery from Hama is longer than Liz's, meaning that what ever you can do while Aki is vulnerable is limited to non-persona attacks.

Secondly: if you time R-Action grab perfectly (before the very first hit comes out) it can Invul through Maziodyne as well, but most often I kept getting hit by the very last hit of the attack when I was practicing this. The timing is similar but nearly as strict if you're just want the R-Action it's self to hit, though for what ever reason this only works if Aki did C.Maziodyne and not if he did the D Version.

Lastly, Megidolaon does NOT work against Maziodyne, Akihiko has just a few too many Invul frames making the attack wiff after being triggered, and Liz will get hit by the last few hits of the super.

Since I've played a lot of matches against Akihiko since August, here's some things that I've discerned:

-As stated before, Akihiko's 6AB (ex corkscrew) goes right through maragidynes of all kind, as well as maziodyne.

-Liz's 2A can beat some of Akihiko's mixup, such as when he does lv. 3 236C/D (duck) > grab. 2A hitbox is amazing.

-5D/2D aren't really issues being that back-dashing drastically lowers the pull's effect on you. You can also use 2B's large hitbox to give yourself some breathing space and CH Akihiko out of some of his attacks. Even though this is a tad risky, using the increased speed from the pull, you can go for a twitch grab. Sometimes it's hard to react due to how fast it is.

-Akihiko's 214A/B (closeout blow) can be really harmful, since he'll break Thanatos and end up decking Liz straight in the face. To make an attempt at baiting this, you can opt for 5C (1) > 5D. Another option is just 2ABC and block Akihiko's follow-up attack.

-Akihiko can do 236236C/D (thunder fists) to get rid of any status ailments. I'm not 100% on this, but if you input something like 5D before the super's animation, it'll CH.

-Akihiko's 214214C/D (maziodyne) can literally beat every projectile Liz has, and CH you for free damage. This includes j.B/5B. Best option is to counter it with Mahamon (236236C). The touch of death combo you can do is 5B CH (Mahamon is active) > 236D > 2A > 5B > 2AB > 236D > 2A > 5B > 5C > 2C > 214B > 214CD (Mahamon activates). Alternatively, there exists many variations of this combo, so feel free to do whatever.

Arrrrgh, so I fought FeelIntheWind last night and lost like five matches against him before I finally won one. How exactly are you supposed to play this matchup? I got blown the hell up and would like some advice. I guess I was screwing up because I was playing P4A on an empty stomach but still, this match has been bothering me a lot.

I usually use Diarahan when that happens because
1) I don't get sucked in,
2) The Aki's usually go "Oh Sh*t"
3) They desperately use corkscrew hoping to hit me but they just barely miss and I end up getting a free punish ticket.

This happens more often if the Akihiko player is full screen and uses 5D from there. Any closer and they probably would hit me. :/

Anyone mind telling me how to get out of the pressure that Akihiko can make?

Literally getting caught in his 5A is enough for him to use killrush or his auto combo which usually end up in a rock, paper, scissors fight the whole match. And when he uses sweep he can just use J.A and start over the process without a second thought (at least from my matches against him).

I think only when he uses Duck SB version for a cross up or uses throw mixup is the only moment where I can actually get him off of being so close to me and that's not saying he won't come right back up my face either.

Any bright ideas against the protein junky anyone?