Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC

[P4A] Chie Satonaka - Gameplay Discussion

Nope, they don't

Try one off 2A, it'll drop at the 5B link

I do it off of 2A all the time, it's even written that way in the combo thread:

2A > 5B > 5C > 236A > 236A > 5B > 5C > 236B > 236B > 5B > 5C > 214C > 236236D

jB also works in place of 2A.

True, though honestly I think the main reason you never see anyone use that particular combo is because you can get so much more damage by just going all the way with it. Anything with a link after the 2nd Rampage won't work.

By doing her standard 2AB xx 5DD or j9.3D, if Chie jumps back and air dashes forward into j.BB or 2A, is she safe from most Furious Actions? I notice Japanese players almost never mash at this point, and I'm going to guess it's because it's so easy for Chie to not only bait it out but to attack safely regardless of an uppercut of sorts.

I've been thinking about it recently, but a strategy Chie can use when she is a little bit over the 25% health mark is to use her BD in a safe situation (e.g.: full-screen) to force her health below the 25% mark in order to force awakening.

If you play your cards right you can regain that health anyways and gain a considerable amount of effective health in the process which can make it so that the combo which would have killed you at 26+% leaves you with a sliver or more when you force awakening.

I don't really see a downside about this if you play it really carefully and don't do it from too high an HP level. Chie's BD really lends itself to abuse in this manner because it is really fast in terms of overall frame count.

I think he's talking about her actual IK, not Hamaoon/Mudoon.

Yeah, I was talking about "Judge of Hell", not Hamaoon & Mudoon.

I've been thinking about it recently, but a strategy Chie can use when she is a little bit over the 25% health mark is to use her BD in a safe situation (e.g.: full-screen) to force her health below the 25% mark in order to force awakening.

If you play your cards right you can regain that health anyways and gain a considerable amount of effective health in the process which can make it so that the combo which would have killed you at 26+% leaves you with a sliver or more when you force awakening.

I don't really see a downside about this if you play it really carefully and don't do it from too high an HP level. Chie's BD really lends itself to abuse in this manner because it is really fast in terms of overall frame count.

Actually did this yesterday against an Elizabeth.

If you're close to Awakening HP and you feel meteor super would really help you get in /right now/, it's a pretty solid decision.

Actually did this yesterday against an Elizabeth.

If you're close to Awakening HP and you feel meteor super would really help you get in /right now/, it's a pretty solid decision.

getting the free 50 meter and damage reduction makes it a pretty attractive decision almost every time, the only downside is the fear of losing that little bit of blue health

getting the free 50 meter and damage reduction makes it a pretty attractive decision almost every time, the only downside is the fear of losing that little bit of blue health

It's more like you don't want your opponent to get in on you while you mash B+D

You basically have to stop playing neutral game for a second to do it, which is dangerous

Thanks. Also, for combos like this:

5B > 2B > 236A > 236A OMB > 5C > 236B > 236B > dash 5C > 5A > 5C > 214C > 236236D (50%/Burst@5023)

Any tips for connecting the second rampage to the dash C? Do you just have to do it as quickly as possible or is the timing weird? I'm having a similar problem with the dash 5B after AOA-C > jD.

And...

Are you Eternal from Shoryuken?

Nope. This is basically my first fighter.

Thanks. Also, for combos like this:

5B > 2B > 236A > 236A OMB > 5C > 236B > 236B > dash 5C > 5A > 5C > 214C > 236236D (50%/Burst@5023)

Any tips for connecting the second rampage to the dash C? Do you just have to do it as quickly as possible or is the timing weird? I'm having a similar problem with the dash 5B after AOA-C > jD.

And...

Nope. This is basically my first fighter.

Doing it as fast as possible is fine. Everything about the dash 5C > 5A > 5C 214C > 236236D is all about input speed. Note that there is a dash cancel in between the 5C and the 5A in that sequence as well so it actually is dash 5C dash 5A 5C. It wasn't noted in the original video notation but it is shown in the video itself.

You need to be at the end of the command dash before you can input 5A, so you can't just mash everything out as fast as possible.

The command dash is also actually longer than I expected it to be, so that screwed me up for a while. I think the command dash on Chie's 5C is longer than the command dashes attached to Jin 6C, Ragna 5D, and so on in BB.

I never said anything about mashing. Connecting with the 5A after the 5C dash does rely on you hitting the 5A relatively quickly otherwise they will just tech before the 5A connects. Same thing with the 5C 214C 236236D - if you don't input those in relatively fast succession they will tech out of the 236236D. I used to be under the impression that opponent height during the 5C was extremely important but have come to the realization that cancelling the 5C into 214C into 236236D as fast as possible plays an even bigger role in the combo's success.

I never said anything about mashing. Connecting with the 5A after the 5C dash does rely on you hitting the 5A relatively quickly otherwise they will just tech before the 5A connects. Same thing with the 5C 214C 236236D - if you don't input those in relatively fast succession they will tech out of the 236236D. I used to be under the impression that opponent height during the 5C was extremely important but have come to the realization that cancelling the 5C into 214C into 236236D as fast as possible plays an even bigger role in the combo's success.

I've noticed this as well and I have to say it almost makes the damage unreliable for me. I'm not fantastic at the game in any sense but I feel if I am going to use 50 SP, I want it to hit. If I reach the corner I cancel into 236236A and do air combo ending in 236D. You lose a little damage but i feel more comfortable doing that and knowing it will hit.

(I am talking about the God Hand part of the combo of course)

I've noticed this as well and I have to say it almost makes the damage unreliable for me. I'm not fantastic at the game in any sense but I feel if I am going to use 50 SP, I want it to hit. If I reach the corner I cancel into 236236A and do air combo ending in 236D. You lose a little damage but i feel more comfortable doing that and knowing it will hit.

Ending with D Dragon Kick has other problems though, like letting the opponent tech towards and putting you in the corner with almost no frame advantage.

I suppose you are right but, I don't mind losing pressure for damage sometime. Give and take. You can always use C dragon kick. (Assuming C dragon kick has better frame data)

...I'm not fantastic at the game in any sense...

Just do 5C 236236C instead of 5C 214C 236236D. Much easier, though you're definitely sacrificing a bit of damage.

so i just learned her fatal combos. does anyone know the frame data on raw 236a? is it like -2? startup? how active is the hitbox

because im just gunna start going into charge mode and doing 236a during stagger pressure to see if i can fatal them lol

so i just learned her fatal combos. does anyone know the frame data on raw 236a? is it like -2? startup? how active is the hitbox

because im just gunna start going into charge mode and doing 236a during stagger pressure to see if i can fatal them lol

Don't know about frame data, but it's fast enough that you can do 5Cxx44 > 236A and punish them if they're mashing A. That's probably the most practical way to catch them in a fatal counter.

btw, what should I be doing off a 5DD hit during oki? I'm assuming that prorates it too much for a long combo, especially in the corner.

btw, what should I be doing off a 5DD hit during oki? I'm assuming that prorates it too much for a long combo, especially in the corner.

I've just been doing (j.BB or 2A 5AA) 5B 5C 2B 2C 5B 2A+B, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were better things you could do

You should be able to dash or air dash in and do 5C > 236A > 236A > 5B > 5C > 236B > 236B > 214C > 236236D for damage, or Dusk Thanatos's suggestions for oki.

5DD isn't airtight on people with 5 frame jabs, but 2DD only works midscreen if you hit with sweep point blank since 2DD doesn't move forward but 5DD does. Most people just opt for the 2DD but Yu, Akihiko, Aigis, Yosuke and Chie can jab mash out of 5DD. It's in that oki tutorial on youtube and in the topic about it.