Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC

[P4A] Chie Satonaka - Gameplay Discussion

I'm pretty sure you're just mistiming the j.BB. If the airdash is coming out, you should be able to do j.B. Try pressing B almost at the same time as airdash.

Also, you don't need to input 236 twice for the raw SB skullcracker. You can do 236AB~B and the skullcracker should come out fine.

The raw SB skullcracker doesn't come out for me when I do 236AB~B for some reason...

Also a couple times mid match for some reason I've been going into Power Charge B from the glow >_>

The raw SB skullcracker doesn't come out for me when I do 236AB~B for some reason...

Also a couple times mid match for some reason I've been going into Power Charge B from the glow >_>

In my experience and understanding, if you get the install you're doing it too slow. (or really mashing 236236 when you hit the ground, but that's really fast). I try to imagine just doing 236AB236A/B/AB before I hit the ground, and I rarely get the install (I get it more often online, which makes me think that you'd have to be doing it too slow to get install). My personal advice: just get both inputs before you hit the ground, as the second one will just act buffered, and control your inputs well

Stupid question! When someone says Chie's j.C is "body attribute" what does that mean? I see it on the wiki and how every other character's j.C is Head, but what does this mean and why is it important? I suspect it's something to do with j.C's (inconsistent, in my experience) ability to clash with, avoid, or even sometimes stuff anti-air 2Bs. Just looking for clarification on the meaning of that Attribute category.

Most 2Bs have "head invulnerability" for certain frames. jC doesn't care about these moves.

Makes sense, thanks.

Also shoutouts to this forum being dead. But I'm currently working on a video explaining how to use FC 214C as a max-damage punisher in certain situations including a mini SMP combo. Kind of busy with moving to a new place though, but I'll try to get it finished soon.

Makes sense, thanks.

Also shoutouts to this forum being dead. But I'm currently working on a video explaining how to use FC 214C as a max-damage punisher in certain situations including a mini SMP combo. Kind of busy with moving to a new place though, but I'll try to get it finished soon.

214C > 236236A > etc, or something different?

214C > 236236A > etc, or something different?

I'm guessing something different since I've been working on the same stuff myself (for example you can punish Narukami's DP in the corner with 214C fatal combo meterless. It builds about 45% meter and does 5k + oki setup, and is 100% Ziodyne safe) which I was going to post after Winter Brawl, but I saw Mo the Hawk was working on a video for that stuff already so I held off. If it's alright with him, I can post some of the stuff I've found here.

I'm guessing something different since I've been working on the same stuff myself (for example you can punish Narukami's DP in the corner with 214C fatal combo meterless. It builds about 45% meter and does 5k + oki setup, and is 100% Ziodyne safe) which I was going to post after Winter Brawl, but I saw Mo the Hawk was working on a video for that stuff already so I held off. If it's alright with him, I can post some of the stuff I've found here.

I've been mega busy - please feel free to post whatever you've found. And yeah the combos I've been working on start with 214C > 236236A. Good call on the Narukami DP though; I'll be interested to see your combo for that.

Alright, I'll throw some 214C FC knowledge your way Chie players! Well, first off, the Narukami thing I was talking about is just that: punish Narukami DP in the corner at the peak of his DP with 214C, it'll fatal and since he's so high up you'll have enough time to just dash up off the fatal and do the 5B > 5C > 2D etc etc normal 214C fatal combo meterless. You can select to end with 5A+B instead of the super ender if you want, since the combo itself builds about 45% and this will give you great oki since normally this will mean the next hit will kill due to comboing into God's Hand. Technically, you can hit Aigis's DP with this too, but this is rather hard and unlike Narukami's it doesn't ensure you'll be super cancel safe.

You can also SMP with this, and it can do a ton of damage if you're already sitting on about 30% meter and a burst. 214C against Narukami/Aigis DP (or jump back buttons, since people love doing this vs Chie too), dash 5B > 5C > 2D > j.BB > dj.C > OMB > (slight delay) 236236D > 2A > [5C > 236B > 236B] x3 > 5C > 236B > 236A > 214C (You can omit the 214C and just go into another God's Hand if you have it). You can do AOA after the second Rampage Skull Cracker too if you want tons of damage AND knockdown, although this will probably put them into awakening and I don't see much of a use for this over just going for damage because of that considering the resources you've already put into that combo anyway.

First time really posting combos and stuff, so I hope this is all somewhat clear.

Edit: I forgot something, oops. The anti-Narukami DP punish timing changes a bit on instant block, you have to walk back a small tick in order to get it, or he'll cross you up, land and probably punish you. Just something to be aware of.

@Colpevole - You can do 214C (FC) > 5B > 5C > backdash 5C > backdash 5C > dash 5B > 5C > 2D > JD into 5AB or 236B > 236B > 236236D for considerably more than just 214C (FC) > 5B > 5C > 2D etc. You end up with 4095 damage and 33 meter gain with a 5AB ender, 6178 damage with a damage ender. You might be able to go a different combo route like a JC starter to get a bit more out of either ender.

@Mo - I'm apprehensive about using 214C > 236236A as a punisher because the opponent can Burst after it, negating the 50 meter spent. How much damage does it do?

when I said etc, I meant the full fatal combo so: 214C (FC) > 5B > 5C > 2D > 5C > backdash 5C > backdash 5C > backdash 5C > dash 5B > 5C > 236B > 236B > 5C > 5AB for 5k and about 45 meter gain, or if you do 214C (FC) > ... > 236B > 236B > 5C > dash 5B > 5C > 214C > 236236D for 6.7k.

Those meterless starters are pretty sick. I'll make sure they go in the video.

@Primiera: Without Burst the 214C > 236236A combos generally aren't worth it. With only 50 meter it does less damage than the standard 5B CH punish combo, and with 100 meter it does 6.5k - about 400 damage better than what I can squeeze out of the 5B CH starter combo with 100 meter. It also doesn't build any meter, so generally the 5B CH starter is still the way to go.

However, with Burst and 100 meter or more, these are touch of death combos on some characters at mid-screen. The video will show how to do these but here's the notation:

(8011 damage, 100 meter, Burst): 214C > 236236A > 5C > IAD j.BB > 2B > sjc > j.A > j.C > j.236D > OMB > 5B > 236B > 236B > [5C > 236B > 236B] x2 > 214D > 236236D

(9111 damage, 150 meter, Burst): 214C > 236236A > 5C > IAD j.BB > 2B > sjc > j.A > j.C > j.236D > OMB > 5B > 236B > 236B > 236236A > [5C > 236B > 236B] x2 > 214D > 236236D

These can also be adjusted for about 200 less damage if the first Skullcracker B doesn't carry them to the corner. Replace the first [5C > 236B > 236B] with [5C > dash > 5B > 5C > 236B > 236B], then remove Black Spot D from the combo entirely. (just cancel the last Skullcracker directly into God's Hand)

Also yes, these combos will build the opponent's Burst meter quite a bit so it may not always be wise to try these if they have anything less than 1/3rd of a Burst gauge. This will also be explained in the video.

EDIT: Whoops, 236D before the OMB, not 236B. That's kind of important.

Alright guys, I'm thinking of making a big matchup guide (strats, what to look out for, etc) for Chie in the next few days, but I want an opinion. Since I'm not 100% on every matchup yet, I'll probably periodically update this, but I want to know, would you guys rather I post it in a document like pastebin or whatever it is, or post them individually in the matchup threads? I know the matchup threads haven't been updated in a while, so I'm leaning on separating them and putting them there, but I'm not sure if people even pay attention to those threads anymore. Thoughts?

Personally I think matchup threads are the way to go since those are already organized and in places where people who don't visit this topic will go visit when seeking matchup information. But do whatever you feel is best.

Hey guys I'm back... in my own goddamn thread.

#ChieArmy

On topic: Character specific matchup threads never get anywhere.

oh man, it's DC... I heard you were switching from the best character in the game to not the best character in the game (aka: from Mitsuru to Chie)... not sure if I agree with that but w/e. Anyway, on topic I'll probably just do both at this point, I don't see why not.

Arguable. I think they are both about the same.

You know what would be great? If matchup threads were edittable wikis.

Does anyone know the true frame data for Power Charge? The wiki says it's got no start-up or active frames, merely recovery, supposedly completely invincible through-out, but I KNOW I've been hit out of a wake-up 236236A. Anyone know how punishable it is?

I'm just having a hard time deciding whoto really settle with in this game. I tried Labrys, Yukiko and Elizabeth but they were either too hard or I wasn't having much luck. Finally, someone said I should settle with Chie because she's easier. I've been hitting training mode with her basics and stuff (I have an idea how her oki works). Is her combos hard on pad or will I have much luck with her?