Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC

[P4A] Chie Satonaka - Gameplay Discussion

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do you get the Skull Cracker B to hit in this combo:

(Corner) 5B > 2B > 236A > 236A > 5B > 2C > 236B > 236B > ...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do you get the Skull Cracker B to hit in this combo:

(Corner) 5B > 2B > 236A > 236A > 5B > 2C > 236B > 236B > ...

Try and delay the 5B and 5C (or 2C, whichever) as much as possible to hit them lower to the ground.

Hmm, it seems to be more easier by using 236A. Does that effect the combo in any way?

~100-200 less damage depending on the starter. Also when I tried it just now with my regular timing from a 2A starter, the 236A wasn't always working, so I would assume the timing is just different and not necessarily easier. IMO getting used to doing it with 236B would serve you better.

you would end with 236A after 236B when you recognize that the B Rampage is hitting too high up and the last hit will whiff. Under normal circumstances, 236B > 236B ender is far better since it does more damage, and in that combo you can get another 5C > 236B > 236B in there only if you use the 236B ender.

Okay, thanks for the help. I've been doing 5B > 2B > 236A > 236A > 5B > 5C > jBB > j8D > 5AB for now and its working fine, I will keep trying on the 236A though.

I'm struggling to open people up with Chie. Aside from abusing the 2A hitbox and the odd AoA. I'm stumped. I don't really use Tomoe all that much and I'm really struggling to apply any real knockdown Oki. It seems my JBB's push me/them too far away to allow a combo, and my 5/2DD's are just ass.

Any tips? Still a beginner, read all the threads. Still need moar knowledge. Feed me.

Well, first make sure you have the actual oki setup down both midscreen and the corner. Anything > Sweep > slight delay 5DD is the best way to do it, although midscreen this will push them back so you'll just have to be content with pressure and maybe the occasional mixup if you're playing safe (which you should be). In the corner, make sure you can do j.BB/2A mixup off sweep > 5DD 100%, and make sure the j.BB part will hit crouchers (aka, do it as late as possible. It makes the mixup better anyway, so there's no reason not to do that). Since the j.BB part of the mixup involves an airdash, it shouldn't push them too far for you to hit a combo, just try not to do like, 2A > 2A > 5A as your confirm off it or something, that could push too far and you'll just drop your combo. 2A > 5/2B should be good enough anyway. So yeah, just make sure you can do all the basic things talked about in the other threads. Anyway...

Basic ways to open people up are to abuse Chie's really good pressure game to either get the opponent to mash in spots they shouldn't, or make them respect enough so you can go for things like 2DD during pressure or D Black Spot (which is +12, so you can practically do anything you want off of that). Throws are nice to keep them thinking about it, although they don't lead to much normally, while AoA can be good but generally you want to save that for a spot where they either can't see 100% (say when your persona is covering you off like, a 5C) or some other awkward spot, and you don't want to throw them around too much. 5A pressure is really good, so you should be doing a lot of that.

Your first objective is to push them to the corner so you can run serious mixups on top of your pressure game. You have to figure out if your opponent is mashy (which makes it easier for you since you can just keep your pressure safer and get damage off catching them desperately trying to get away) or respectful of you (this makes it harder if they have really good blocking skill, since you'll need to pretty much force situations). Throw baits are good ways to test if they're willing to mash, since you can get a lot of damage off those, and if they're working you can just start pretty much doing those a lot during pressure until the opponent stops trying to tech on reaction. Of course, you can start throwing them more after that. If they don't like throw teching for fear of the blow up (which is walk up, back dash 5C btw, which will get CH 5C if you were right and they tried to tech), you can obviously start throwing, but people can ALMOST tech on reaction in this game so you'll need to keep other options open to keep them guessing.

Resetting pressure can be done pretty easily by just either doing D Black Spot somewhere (they can mash you out of this, but if your pressure is even a bit scary they probably won't at least the first time), or doing a 5B then dash 5Aing after (again, mashable, but all pressure resets are). You can try resetting pressure with j.C, but it's negative and predicable, so I wouldn't recommend it except against like, Yukiko maybe since her buttons are really slow; even then it's a lazy way of resetting pressure that leaves the opponent just as many options to get away as you have to keep them in, at more risk to yourself which is not what you want at all.

Now if all your frame traps and staggers and such aren't hitting people, and they're teching throws, it's time to just hit them honestly. Odds are, they're respecting way too hard, so you can go for really fancy mixups. Instant air turn, air dash j.a/b is a pretty fast crossup that can be done during pressure, and can double as a pressure reset. Comboing off j.A is very tough if not impossible in some cases, so you have to be aware of that when you pick your cross up normal. AoA is also effective vs people who can tech throws really well, since it's airborne and therefore doubles as a throw tech blow up. It also beats most DPs when done right, so it's a pretty nice option once you just want to hit them somehow (slight delay during pressure, walk up AoA or something like that should work nicely on people respecting too hard, just make sure you have 50 meter in case they block it). If they're REALLY just blocking everything and you can't hit them, just setup a 2DD during your pressure. This goes beyond just resetting pressure since it puts them back into the knockdown situation, just you didn't need to hit them in the first place. It's very mashable however, so use it at your own risk.

That's a beastly post. My Chie has gotten a lot better over the last few days. I'm just focusing on my 5DD mixups and making them as hard to see as possible. Just need to work on hitting the 5B CH combo 100% of the time.

That's a beastly post. My Chie has gotten a lot better over the last few days. I'm just focusing on my 5DD mixups and making them as hard to see as possible. Just need to work on hitting the 5B CH combo 100% of the time.

FYI, not sure what you're using, but the combo thread hasn't been updated since...ever? There are some posts on the last few pages which outline the new best combos, use those.

ex: 5B (CH) > 2D > 66 > 5B > 5C > j.C > dj.BB > dj.8D > 5AB

Awesome. I've been using that route but focusing on God Fist enders instead. But if I want Oki / to hoard meter. That looks cool.

5B (CH) > 2C > 66 > 5B > 5C > JC > dj.BB > dj.8D > 236B > 236B > 214C > 236236D = 5.2K

So no one gets confused looking at your combo : he means 5b(ch) 2d, not 2c.

Optimally speaking you can add a 2b after the second 5b for a slight increase in damage/meter gain.

Ah. Good eye, typing at 1am sucks.

It seems that timing the 236B is somewhat awkward in that combo, too. It seriously feels like a SF link :X

Ill try adding the 2B, cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok ive gotten used to Chies oki and pressure however im struggling with her ground game im new to the game so i have problems know what normals i should be using when playing the ground game and when to call the persona during ground game.

Is 5A > j.C a legit frame trap?

Edit: I'm just looking for ways to make me up close game stronger, at the minute I'm just relying on Stagger 5A pressure hitconfirms into Oki. It feels like that's all I've got, im working j.C into my game but I'm wondering if there are other things I can use?

Edit: I'm just looking for ways to make me up close game stronger, at the minute I'm just relying on Stagger 5A pressure hitconfirms into Oki. It feels like that's all I've got, im working j.C into my game but I'm wondering if there are other things I can use?

Personally, I despise using j.C during my pressure, I feel it's far too risky for the little reward since it's basically a good place to invite people to mash you, and I don't like the 50-50 situation. A lot of Chie's will swear by it though, so if the situation it puts you in is worth it to you, then by all means use it. It's perfectly legit as both a frame trap and a throw tech blow up, I just don't like it.

Ok ive gotten used to Chies oki and pressure however im struggling with her ground game im new to the game so i have problems know what normals i should be using when playing the ground game and when to call the persona during ground game.

5C and dash 2A are by far her strongest footsie tools. Her JA is godly in A2As, and while her jump-ins aren't that amazing, her JC allows her to bait AAs if done early. Other, far more situational tools are 214C/214CD, J.3D, and dash 5B, then more universal options like Evasive Action through unsafe pokes (pokes like our 5C) or playing defense until you AA or stuff the opponent, though her AA isn't close to the truly good AAs in the game.

Check out the pressure topic a little down, it should have you covered. 5A pressure is actually all you really need to open an opponent up, because you can high/low with 2A and 5AB if they're not pressing buttons, but yeah, I listed a large part of her core trickery in the other topic.

At UFGT yesterday, I saw a Chie snag a IA JC CH, Then they went into j.2D Airdash j.BB

Is that optimal? Because it looked sweet as hell. Didn't get to see the combo finish, though.

So if the opponent doesn't wake up after the sweep into the 5DD oki, what are my options? Try to follow up with 2A?

How would you guys suggest going about practicing reacting to guard cancels and staying safe from bursts?

So many players try to get out of corner oki with guard canceling. I need to get used to hearing the sound effect for the guard cancel and then DPing on reaction. Not quite sure how I would reproduce scenarios in training mode for when the opponent decides to guard cancel at random moments.

For bursts, I just feel like I'm missing a lot of opportunities to stay safe during combos or pressure by just holding back to block, or OMC'ing and blocking on reaction. I just need some environment to test this out with different burst timings.

I'm like a year late to the party (or possibly more) and have settled to learn Chie after testing out the three characters I wanted to play the most in intense fights. Ignoring Oki options since that's not really my style but abare, Chie just seems to flow into things much smoothly and more rewarding in that aspect. Looking forward to everyone help if anyone is still alive when I start posting videos.

What sold me is launching an opponent into the sky and during their burst animation her 236236C just said 'fuck that' and given me the round.

Is anyone gonna step up for P4U2 and make the video thread and all that jazz? I'd do it myself, but I got my hands full with CP Noel atm.

Is anyone gonna step up for P4U2 and make the video thread and all that jazz? I'd do it myself, but I got my hands full with CP Noel atm.

Colpevole said he was going to do it yesterday.