Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC

[P4A] Chie Satonaka - Gameplay Discussion

Her ex feels pretty simple, actually she seems like a really simplistic character in general. She does have some tough links, like rampage B on standing opponent to 5a, not sure if it's a timing thing or if it just doesn't always work depending on when and where you hit them with rampage.

Well she is an easy character in an easy to pick up game....Still describe in greater detail how tight this link feels like, 1 frame? distance specific? character specific? Or is it your own lack of execution and it is just something that will take a little more time than expected to learn.

I think her general gameplan is pretty straightforward. Midscreen combo into sweep, Tomoe-copter oki and attempt to reset. In the corner it's generally the same thing with a different sweep bnb. If you feel like using the meter you can end in God Hand.

B-rampage to 5a: I'm not sure if it's a timing thing or a distance thing. It seems like it just works sometimes and doesn't work other times depending on when and where the last kicks of rampage hits. I could be wrong, I'm gonna continue testing it. It's possible it could be my own execution, I've only been in the lab since yesterday, but it definitely feels like it has a lot to do with when/where rampage hits, especially because every opponent's hitbox is different, and a few kicks of rampage will miss no matter what. I'll keep testing.

Aside from that I'm a bit disappointed that generally all of her bnbs are surrendered in favor of sweep oki. For the most part it seems like the strategy is to chip your opponent to death with 1-2k sweep combos and resets. The only time I see Chie players going for higher damage is if they catch a crouching counter hit or something. I feel like there's so much more to Chie that hasn't been explored.

So, I've compiled a list of combos that I have no idea the viability of. Should I bother posting them up here? They're mostly slightly modified challenge mode combos/combos gleaned from watching matches.

sup guise, i've had the fortune of playing p4u a few times at my local arcade

also i'd like to see the combos since my main is chie and i wanna learn stuff

Yeah, really useful actually, nice to see a front page article on it as well.

http://i.imgur.com/sFdrA.png

Chie's full colour palette.

Thought I'd post it so you can add it to the Data Thread or Wiki.

...Plus, when is the combo thread/wiki gunna' be updated? I already have a text file of a good few b'n'bs and some here already have the game.

Just wondering.

I'm coming back into fighters after some time away from them. I'm focusing primarily on Chie for the time being, seeing as how I only recognized her and none of the other characters. What exactly am I getting myself into by learning her?

I actually don't like most of Chie's colours :(

...Plus, when is the combo thread/wiki gunna' be updated? I already have a text file of a good few b'n'bs and some here already have the game.

Just wondering.

I'm guessing it'll be updated when the game comes out, and when people have had time to fiddle with the game a bit. It's only a matter of days before the game comes out in the US.

I actually don't like most of Chie's colours :(

Same, none of them seem to catch my eye...

I mean, there not terrible, but still, usually a colour sticks out to me.

I'll probably play Jam palette or golden.

I'm coming back into fighters after some time away from them. I'm focusing primarily on Chie for the time being, seeing as how I only recognized her and none of the other characters. What exactly am I getting myself into by learning her?

What exactly do you mean? Like how she plays, etc?

What exactly do you mean? Like how she plays, etc?

Yes, that's what I meant ... how she plays.

like MS said, what do you mean? As far as i can interpret your question, i can say that'll you'll have a lot of fun using Chie. She's quite fast, Has good Oki, what seems to be medicore damage...but gets it consistantly. She doesn't rely on her persona too much outside of her oki like some of the other characters, but she can struggle against the likes of zoners and people with Range, e.g Misuru. She has to find ways to get in by herself. That's all i can say at the moment, until i understand your question fully.

EDIT: Yeah she's rushdown lol.

Might have to steal STD's Chie colour for myself. Going to use that second one..looks the most appealing out of them all.

Kid pretty much summed it up. Short normals, strong rushdown/lockdown, pretty good mix-ups and oki and average damage.

If you've played BB or GG before she's very similar to Jam and Makoto (Apart from the CS2 damage). Expect to be in your opponents face at all times.

Going to use that second one..looks the most appealing out of them all.

Gold is the way forward. I swear, no one plays gold.

Oh, btw, have you gotten a chance to play P4A yet? My LTG experience sucked, all I've played is 1 game with Mitsuru...

I want from opinions of Chie from some other Chie players that have already played around for a bit.

Gold is the way forward. I swear, no one plays gold.

Oh, btw, have you gotten a chance to play P4A yet? My LTG experience sucked, all I've played is 1 game with Mitsuru...

Aha, not yet. I just know quite a lot of stuff through observation. I didn't go to LTG..forgot the reason why, but i did hear how bad it was.

^ Reason: Laziness, yes I know you well...

dibs on colour No.7 and Fuuka's btw.

Also, with the whole MM + DL threads, some updates on MM may have not transfered to DL yet, also the whole discussion thing... it's both funny annoying when a topic is brought up again after a week it was brought up else where.

I swear, no one plays gold.

Color 15 (Black) and Color 16 (Gold) are banned on all netplay modes.

Lol, MagicalSymphony.

Might as well just stick to Chie's default costume.

It makes sense they did it. Color 15 is hard to see the persona coming on some stages. Color 16 the character and persona blend in together too much.

On all netplay modes?

So it's still viable offline?? No doubt people will ban it - I'll go Jam colours then.

...but then again no one ever banned purple Noel and that blending in well with all of dem' salty purple grabs :J :3 :P

I just got a copy of P4. I never played GG or anything similar im a SF/Marvel guy. And i can tell this is a totally different monster. Does anyone have any idea where i can find some BB stuff for Chie? I tried watching some japanese vids but i cant tell what the hell is going on. Thanks