Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[P4A] Yu Narukami - Gameplay Discussion

Something I've started trying to apply in matches, comboing into 214C at midscreen instead of 214D (when you have no meter/can't reach with sweep). From 214C you can safe jump with dash j.B(2 hits). Hits their pre-jump frames for holding up back, and lets you block any B+D except Yosuke, Teddie, Kanji. On Yukiko you have to do later j.B with 1 hit.

Yosuke/Kanji/Teddie is that the total list of chars that blow up safejump timing?

214C is good for the FA but they can delay their tech timing since there's no 5D lockdown. It's still good though, like comboing into jab DP with SF4 Akuma if you get the analogy.

Okay so I need some help. I don't understand the combo listing stuff.

What's a good mid-screen no meter punisher for Yu? (CH) 2B > 214B doesn't work, unless there's some kind of trick to it?

Yosuke/Kanji/Teddie is that the total list of chars that blow up safejump timing?

Yeah if they do B+D it'll counter the j.B and hit you, everyone else you can land to block in time. Except on Yukiko B+D you have to do j.B low enough that it only hits once or hers will hit you too.

Okay so I need some help. I don't understand the combo listing stuff.

What's a good mid-screen no meter punisher for Yu? (CH) 2B > 214B doesn't work, unless there's some kind of trick to it?

Midscreen you can CH 214A a lot of stuff. CH 214A > dash 5C etc does most for meterless damage midscreen. If that's too slow, 5C works on lots of stuff too.

As for CH 2B > 214B, 2B has to hit the opponent high up as a counter hit of only the 2nd hit.

Uhhh, I need a bit of general advice. I usually just netplay tO learn the combos and meta game but since I got a different perspective on this stuff what do I do first? I was thinking just practicing the combos until they're burned into me.

As for CH 2B > 214B, 2B has to hit the opponent high up as a counter hit of only the 2nd hit.
All of Yu's 2 hit normals still have counter-hit properties even if they hit twice. It works if it hits twice, but the opponent has to be at a specific height or higher.

For punishing uppercuts that 236D is too slow to punish, I really like 214A (CH) 5C 5B 2AB. It's a clean 2.1?k into a sweep knockdown. With meter you can do 214A (CH) 5C 214D OMC 214B 5B j.C j.214B 2B j.214A for 4k. I'm not sure if you can get AAA, I don't think the last A combos at that point.

Uhhh, I need a bit of general advice. I usually just netplay tO learn the combos and meta game but since I got a different perspective on this stuff what do I do first? I was thinking just practicing the combos until they're burned into me.

You could do that. But you eventually you do want to get actual experience, as the saying goes, there's no replacement. Personally, I always find it best to learn my moveset first in any fighter, and then look up some info and combos to try. Most of the time I only get the very basic combos down, and not a good flow of my character before I go into natural matches. The persona aspect makes the game sort of different too, so you definitely need to just play it out for that.

That doesn't have invincibility right? The Myriad Truths, for some reason I swear it does.
Myriad Truths has a shitton of invincibility.

Evasive action has invincibility throughout most of the move, but not on startup or ending.

So C Ziodyne is much faster than D Ziodyne. I have a suspicion that D Ziodyne has more invincibility to compensate.

I'm not sure what differences exist between C and D cross slash.

Myriad Truths is fully invincible, you can Myriad Truths Ziodyne and the lightning beam will just pass through Yu until the other Yu dies.

I've been having some trouble with people hitting me with BD when I try and setup my 5D oki. It's not that they hit me in the middle of my mixups if I allow a gap but lately against some people I've been getting BD'd right on the start up of the 5D and as I try and jump to set something up it hits me too. Characters like Yu and Mitsuru seem to be able to tech in the air after my sweep and BD instantly to hit my persona and I don't seem to see that happen to other Yu players. The hitconfirm I normally use to go into sweep is 5A > 2A > 2B (2 hits) > 5B > 2AB. Is it because I'm using too many hits that pushes them to max range of my 2AB so that it doesnt make 5D meaty? I'd really like some insight on this because it's become a real big issue for me. I need to set up 5D to be scary against characters like mitsuru and I don't want the guessing game to start at the beginning of the oki.

Try 1 hit 2B, that confirm definitely should work. You need to IAD or do a running jump ASAP for safejump timing. Even if they wakeup DP and hit your persona you should be able to block and punish.

Looks like Dai-chan dropped Yu for Mits. I'm curious to know who's considered the strongest Jp Narukami.

I wanna know the frame data on his moves. 214AB looks to have faster startup and better + frames than A/B, but still can't combo on normal hit.

Dai-Chan plays Mitsuru now Tong. Used to be a Narukami though.

Try 1 hit 2B, that confirm definitely should work. You need to IAD or do a running jump ASAP for safejump timing. Even if they wakeup DP and hit your persona you should be able to block and punish.

It seems like they can always dp if they can time it correctly. I recorded Narukami doing dp with turbo on, every time we were mid screen he was able to dp. I tried shortening the string to almost nothing and it still was possible. The only time he didn't get to dp was when we were in the corner. Against characters with an air unblockable dp the safe jump doesn't really work. I am going to continue testing stuff though.

You could always let them do the uppercut and then do a fatal combo for 6k.

I know that the 2 hit timing of 5D is a 'real' meaty in that you can't jump out of it.

They can never tech in the air if you end the combo with sweep -> 5D.

You could always let them do the uppercut and then do a fatal combo for 6k.

I know that the 2 hit timing of 5D is a 'real' meaty in that you can't jump out of it.

They can never tech in the air if you end the combo with sweep -> 5D.

What is the 2 hit timing? I tried doing things like 1 hit of 2b into sweep and 5b into sweep and it still happens.

Also try rolling you'll sacrifice a persona but still a 3k-4k combo in return is not that bad

Some dps will still hit you if you roll.

Some dps will still hit you if you roll.

By far only kanji's dp hits me after a roll.. others don't have that same effect, even mitsuru's dp can be rolled on a right timing..