Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[P4A] Yu Narukami - Gameplay Discussion

Does the 5D oki lead to a 50/50? I rarely see anyone block the incoming j.b or 2a(?).

Or is it just really difficult to tell what attack Yu is gonna use?

Does the 5D oki lead to a 50/50? I rarely see anyone block the incoming j.b or 2a(?).

Or is it just really difficult to tell what attack Yu is gonna use?

Well, Yu has a lot of options with the 5D oki just to name a few.... ,j.b, IAD (air side switch) j.b, jump (air side switch) backdash j.b, or replace j.b by 2a, dash through shenanigans, etc... Also they have to keep track of Izanagi that can slash their back after they block a cross-up. It doesn't help that they are in 5D blockstun in the meantime. :P

Right now, I'm doing 236D (FC) dash 5C 2B(2) 5B 5C 214D. This does about 2.9k. If you have Awakening you should do 236D (FC) dash B+D 214214D 2B 5B 5C air combo probably.

Wait, D Fireball has Fatal Counter properties?

Zio is not a fatal.

Also, I was able to add the Gatling Tables to the data thread, it's been empty for awhile now but we have something there and some extra notes thanks to MashThat5A.

Wait, D Fireball has Fatal Counter properties?

Yes, however it is pretty slow and this makes it very hard to punish moves like Naoto's R-Action because you really need to be on with your reaction to get the FC. On non-Fatal you don't get to continue the combo.

Also, against Yukiko, it is impossible to punish her with 236D because her DP is invulnerable to projectiles like 236D and it's impossible to nail her recovery on reaction. Right now, I'm doing 5C starter instead. For grounded hit, 5C 2B(2) 5B 5C 214D gives about 2.7k, while airborne 5C 5B j.B(2) j.BB JC j.B(2) j.C 214B gives about 2.6k. I also can't find a way to do cross-up Juumonji pick-ups on her due to hitbox, I'd love to know if it's truly impossible or just very hard.

And Kurushii confirmed that 236d fireball is plus on block so after a blocked 236d zio you can do a gapless string after it hits.

gapless? that's a bit early to say isn't it? we don't know how + it is?

also, kurushii is doing frame data? cool!

Well not sure with instant block but he mashed after getting hit by one and it wasnt possible. but it's probably not that much plus though. He is testing things out on the stream atm not really frame data.

The range isn't good on the move but if the opponent manages to block then you won't be in trouble.

Actually Shin the D version of Zio does fatal counter.

Wow. I completely missed that, so D ver. Zio is a fatal, that is interesting. I'll have to make note of that.

Not too many people are talking about him like I thought they would. I bet if the main of P3 was in there they would all be on his nuts...

Awesome thanks Mash.

Can we get the cancels/gattlings on the wiki? I'm a big fan of the wiki.

They are on the wiki, but they're kind of hidden away at the moment.

Seems like Japanese players won't use 5D oki against Teddie since his R-Action (I think it's sort of a counter move) hits the persona and keeps him safe.. I wonder if there's a way to punish it, too bad I need to wait for the EU version.