Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Q&A/FAQ thread

Main_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Ask any questions about Yosuke here and i'm sure we will all do our best to answer them. Obviously more precise answers will be provided once we actually get the game but we can try to give you the most accurate answer.

Once the game has been released a FAQ will also be created for the newer players and those looking to pick up Yosuke.

Please ask your question in BOLD and quote said question before answering it to keep things organised.

Fire away!

Q: 'I've noticed some combos off of the FA with 2A continuation. I haven't been able to make that work, is it a specific scenario thing or is it really tight of a timing?'

A: It's a specific scenario where the trip of the R-action hits meaty on the opponent. This can occur when an opponent uses a jumping attack which shrinks their hurtbox, causing the counter to activate but the trip to hit them later, meaning that it is possible to OTG them with 2a as Yosuke begins recovering earlier.

Q: 'How much damage does Yosuke's poison do?'

A: Yosuke's poison status does 4.8% of the opponents' max health.

I forgot this thread existed.

Anyway some questions-

I've noticed some combos off of the FA with 2A continuation. I haven't been able to make that work, is it a specific scenario thing or is it really tight of a timing?

I forgot this thread existed.

Anyway some questions-

I've noticed some combos off of the FA with 2A continuation. I haven't been able to make that work, is it a specific scenario thing or is it really tight of a timing?

It's a specific scenario where the trip of the R-action hits meaty on the opponent. This can occur when an opponent uses a jumping attack which shrinks their hurtbox, causing the counter to activate but the trip to hit them later, meaning that it is possible to OTG them with 2a as Yosuke begins recovering earlier.

I will try to do some tests on this when I get to play the game next. (Or you guys can because you're all lucky sods and have it :<)

Quick question. Got the game on release day and started playing online recently with little troubles. Happy to see that it's not -too- hard to get in on characters like Yukiko, Elizabeth, Naoto.

Only question that I've had so far is; would you say it's practical to use the Dodge action to get in on characters like those 3? I've had success with it before but I tend to yield better results through other means ie. Jumping in, Flying Kunai, 5d/5dd even. Just curious on your thoughts.

It's practical as long as you pick your spots and don't make it obvious when you use it.

Another great tool to get in on zoner types is his 236AB which I believe has projectile invulnerability and goes full screen very quickly.

Obviously it costs 25 meter to use but it's very much worth the meter use in those match up where getting in is quite difficult.

Speaking of EX moves... Is there a good use for EX moonsault? I can't really see a reason why I'd really ever want to do it, unless it has some sort of property I'm not aware of that makes it special compared to the normal ones

Speaking of EX moves... Is there a good use for EX moonsault? I can't really see a reason why I'd really ever want to do it, unless it has some sort of property I'm not aware of that makes it special compared to the normal ones

EX Moonsault is useful in cross-up situations because it is relatively quick and stays on the same side instead of crossing up like regular Moonsault does. It can also be cancelled directly from Moonsault Slash which adds to its usefulness. I'm not certain yet but I assume you'll be able to cancel its start-up frames into Transform Ripper just like regular Moonsault for the high/low.

Moonsault Slash>Transform Ripper (cancel the startup to fake the low)>EX Moonsault is nasty

Something fairly important that I just found out, is that Yosuke's A and B moonsaults ARE in fact different. I checked the DL wiki on day 1 and it makes note there that they are the same, and at a glance that early on with the game, it seemed to be the case. Just now though, in messing with some things, I noticed that they're not at all the same. A version travels farther horizontally, B version goes much much farther upward. You can see the difference quite easily by just jumping, then mashing A moonsault back and forth 3 times in a row, then doing the same with the B version. This is a pretty basic fact that really should be updated both on the wiki and in the Data thread here. Now I'm not entirely sure how much additional utility there is to be gotten out of the B version over the A, but the fact that there is a difference is important to know.

Now it makes me wonder if there is a difference between crescent slash followups depending on button or which moonsault you use too...

Snip

Good to know, the B version could be used to bait DPs and the like during Moonsault mix-up due to it's higher vertical trajectory.

Edit: Added the difference between the two versions in the Data Thread and on the Wiki.

Wow, surprised I overlooked that. I thought they were the same. I know Crescent Slash only has one hitbox file (405 series) and does the same damage and proration between A/B. Even though from my play Crescent Slash during install seems like it has a much higher hitbox than normal.

The spacing for Yosuke's AA is a bit different compared to other traditional AAs. You really need to be right under the guy to nail him with 2B, horizontal range is ass. They gave it a crossunder hitbox for this reason, even if you accidentally dash under the guy while trying to get him with 2B, you won't miss.

If the opponent is coming in at IAD level, then I've found 5B or 5A works better as an anti-air for that angle. On counterhit those have the same properties that make them fall all the way to the ground before teching (at least at that hight. Same with his j.A, j.B and j.C at low heights.) Anything up further in the air than that though use 2B. 2B is GDLK.

Yeah that is true. One of the actually legitimate uses yosuke has for his autocombo I think is if you get an antiair 5a, just keep hitting A to take advantage of the big chunk of free meter and burst recovery. Bit of damage loss compared to doing a real combo, but the unique meter gain and burst gain effects sound good enough to me to make use of every once in a while, at least on paper.

236A is used in standard ground combos that start with some sort of A button hitconfirm. For example 2A > 5B > 5C > 2C > 236A > j.236C. 236B won't combo here.

236B is for combos starting with counterhits or fatal counter 2C, sukukaja combos, or for punishes, again just starting off 2C or raw 236B.

It depends on if your in the corner, whether the opponent is crouching and/or how close you are to the opponent. 2A>5B>5C>2C>236B>etc. will work in the corner and on a crouching opponent. Go into training mode and try combo's from different starters, different distances, in the corner, and against crouching opponents. Figure out what works and what doesn't.

Oh yeah duh, I can't believe I forgot to mention the corner. Personally I'm not a fan of different combos based on hitting a standing/crouching opponent, but to each his own, and it doesn't hurt to know that it can make a difference and where. I just never remember to look for that to change my combo, so I just go with what works on standing all the time :x

How much damage does the poison end up ticking off with along with the initial damage if you get the full duration anyway?

How much damage does the poison end up ticking off with along with the initial damage if you get the full duration anyway?

Some test notes. Read bottom for TL;DR

test on kanji

counter ground throw wait for poison to end IK. 891 + poison + 9105 = 10500

so poison is 504

counter air throw wait for poison to end IK. 1430 + poison + 8566 = 10500

504 again

Same poison damage on ground and air throws

non-counter hit

810 + poison + 9186 = 10500

504 on a normal throw. So poison damage doesn't change on CH.

Now on another character... Let's say... Liz, the exact opposite of the spectrum.

810 + poison + 6330 = 7500

360 damage on Liz... So we got different poison damages for different characters. Let's test on a few others to make sure this stays consistent

that's 4.8% from Max HP damage for liz and Kanji.

With awakening test against kanji

505 + poison + 9491 = 10500

504 poison damage

Poison damage is 4.8% of their max health no matter what.

Oh, glad you tested this again, since I was lazy and unscientific and only tested against one character, haha.

Good to know!