Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Q&A/FAQ thread

noob question in p4a2 can you use the glide oki and pressure  that all yosuke are doing now and practice it in the first game p4a.sample the 5aa air glide crossup when the opponent is blocking. And is it just me or the air glide in p4a2 is shorter than first game  or i just need more practice air gliding?

Yes, Gliding is still and will always be important.

Given the changes, I think we can probably start phasing out the term "Yosuke damage." I'd say he's moving up a tier. Yosuke was never bad, but he's a serious contender now and is able to do more "hits" in his "hit and run" style.

Also, his health is getting buffed, making some MUs much more favourable simply because they're no longer "get hit and die" situations.

An additional 200 HP won't make THAT big a difference sadly.

Yeah, my bad. I was thinking of Shadow Yosuke, not normal. 200 HP isn't going to be make or break. His amped moveset is damn encouraging, though, and gives more "hits" to his "hit and run."

I've been working on a pocket Yosuke but the Ultimax footage makes me want to main the guy. He's good at flying around the screen. I fly around the screen. When I play Yosuke, people respect me because they think I'm doing it on purpose. ???? PROFIT.

I've never tried this, but considering that Yosuke doesn't get a lot of damage most of the time: Is it worth to use the autocombo for crappy confirms? There's a lot SP gain involved in it.

I've never tried this, but considering that Yosuke deosn't get a lot of damage most of the time: Is it worth to use the autocombo for crappy confirms? There's a lot SP gain involved in it.

As long as you can benefit in some type of way, like getting additional meter, its worth it sometimes.  Sometimes, its the best thing you CAN do with the confirm you got.

I've never tried this, but considering that Yosuke deosn't get a lot of damage most of the time: Is it worth to use the autocombo for crappy confirms? There's a lot SP gain involved in it.

You just answered your own question. Tap A for easy meter? Why not. His auto combo is good

You just answered your own question. Tap A for easy meter? Why not. His auto combo is good

And given the damage nerf in P4U2 and the knockdown at the end of every combo, the autocombo got even better.

I apologize if this has been talked about earlier but how different is the glide input in p4u2?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's j.66AB > A+C now. 

Yeah, I use 5AAAA for meter and, if applicable, burst gain, as it forces opponents to get the hell off and lets me get back in the air for shenanigans. A friend of mine plays a seriously beastly Labrys and Yosuke's 5AAAA is great against her, as he can't do anything much from that distance -- by the time he's recovered from the kunais, I'm usually back in and he's losing axe gauge.

As a fighting game beginner in terms of skill and execution, what are some things to keep in mind as I am learning how to play Yosuke in the neutral game?  I know such a question is heavily match-up reliant, but I am more wondering about basic ways to read opponents and what I should be doing myself in order to be annoying and create damage opportunities.  As it stands now, I kind of just run and jump around a lot trying to confuse the opponent but mostly just confuse myself, and it means I'm not getting what I want from Yosuke as a character.

As a follow up, while I'm currently focusing on things like IADing 100% accurately and using air turns, should I try to learn gliding at this early stage of play or focus on other things first and pick that up later?