Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Q&A/FAQ thread

the most basic combo of yosuke is AA, 5B, 5C, 2C, qcf A(spring dash), qcf D(kunais) and the most basic followup for an airborne hit from 5B is jump air A, air B, air 2b, double jump, air B, air 2B, kunais D.

theres a lot of combo from various situations, corner, mid screen, counter hit, crounched enemy, etc, check the first page from combo topic or check some videos, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SXP9k3-IMc

the most basic combo of yosuke is AA, 5B, 5C, 2C, qcf A(spring dash), qcf D(kunais) and the most basic followup for an airborne hit from 5B is jump air A, air B, air 2b, double jump, air B, air 2B, kunais D.

theres a lot of combo from various situations, corner, mid screen, counter hit, crounched enemy, etc, check the first page from combo topic or check some videos, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SXP9k3-IMc

First of all, remember that in Dustloop we use the "Calculator" notation:

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

So, in your first phrase would be 236A (spring dash A), j.236D (D kunais).

Second, in the same phrase, the is combo is finished with j.236C (C kunais), not with j.236D (D kunais), because the enemy is very close, so the D kunais will whif.

What's up with 5B stagger pressure? Is it legit or does it have flaws? What is the standard string, and what should it go into on hit?

And third, though i don't really know weel the Yosuke's mixups, so it's up to you how to do the Blocktrings. You should check out the P4U section in the Dustloop Wikia for information about his moves (http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Yosuke_Hanamura_(P4Arena)) and the Frame Data (http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Frame_Data_(Yosuke_P4Arena)) to see how any of the Yosuke's moves can be followed. For example, 5B is good in blocktrings due to be plus in block (you have frame advantage over your enemy) so after 5B, you can use other moves faster that your enemy.

And third, though i don't really know well the Yosuke's mixups, so it's up to you how to do the Blocktrings. You should check out the P4U section in the Dustloop Wikia for information about his moves (http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Yosuke_Hanamura_(P4Arena)) and the Frame Data (http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Frame_Data_(Yosuke_P4Arena)) to see how any of the Yosuke's moves can be followed. For example, 5B is good in blocktrings due to be plus in block (you have frame advantage over your enemy) so after 5B, you can use other moves faster that your enemy.

Yeah, I know the frame data, I was just wondering what the recommended string is for standard pressure. 5AA > 5B converted into stuff, 5A > 5B, 2A > 5B > 5A, etc. I don't play Yosuke, I'm seeking this information out for a friend, so I don't have much of a basis on his stagger pressure.

5B is +1 on block. You can keep doing 5B dash 5A unless the opponent knows to IB it. For certain characters, they can't do anything except DP even if they IB it because they don't have anything that outspeeds your 5A (Yukiko, Labrys, Teddie etc.). 5A 5AA and 2B are jump cancellable. And 5D 5DD will allow you reset pressure if the opponent respects it.

Ok guys, I don't know if this question was asked earlier but here goes.

What do you do after you end a combo with Garudyne? More specifically, what do you do to pressure the opponents wakeup from Garudyne's hard knockdown?

As a followon to that question, Whats the maximum frame advantage you get from Garudyne if you are perfectly below them?

I ask because I never am able to get my opponent to respect me after garudyne, and I sometimes lose whatever followup pressure I try to do. Nowadays I just try to end pretty far away from them and just start from a completely neutral approach.

Ok guys, I don't know if this question was asked earlier but here goes.

What do you do after you end a combo with Garudyne? More specifically, what do you do to pressure the opponents wakeup from Garudyne's hard knockdown?

As a followon to that question, Whats the maximum frame advantage you get from Garudyne if you are perfectly below them?

I ask because I never am able to get my opponent to respect me after garudyne, and I sometimes lose whatever followup pressure I try to do. Nowadays I just try to end pretty far away from them and just start from a completely neutral approach.

when i garudyne, i always try to bring the opponent to the corner or as close to the corner as possible. also, you should always make sure that you touch the ground before the opponent does so you can get the maximum advantage when they wake up. i take a couple steps backwards & 5C if i want to follow up pressure them. if your closerc you could 5A and jump cancel backwards & go back to neutral or you could IAD glide forward with a quick j.A overhead or 2A low. i hope i answered both of you guys questions =]

Mmm can someone tell me what is so great about J.C? I don't seem to get the same results as everyone else. I'm using it as a jump-in and cross-up but it seems slow and easily anti-aired to me. Plus like it's been said, it doesn't hit high. I certainly don't spam it; if anything I don't use it enough. I just get much better results with J.B so I practically forget J.C exists.

Does anyone know why, during Sukukaja, some players end their air combos with a back dash? Sometimes they throw out j.D but other times they don't do anything and I can't see why this would be a better idea than just ending normally with a kunai throw (236C/D)?

during sukukaja moonsault string if you don't have 50 meter for garudyne or you just choose not to garudyne, j.2B>backdash puts you back in neutral & at a better advantage than your opponent. You can throw out j.5D to force your opponent to block it & dash in for unblockable 2B. the backdash basically gives you more options.

j.C is a great move if you use it correctly. i don't think alot of yosuke players know this (or i just never see them do it) you can airdash & backdash after j.C as well as kunai or moonsault. you have to use it as soon as you come off the ground. after the fan stops spinning is when you can do all that i just mentioned. on top of that, it's got a huge hitbox like some others have already stated so using it after a dp trip, cross up is always good. they might block it, but all blocked moves can be moonsault canceled

damn, i wish people visited yosuke's sub-forum more =/

what do other yosuke payers do for blockstrings/pressure?

i tend to use 5B a lot because it's +1 on block & it's great for catching people trying to jump out of your pressure because of it's hitbox.

5AA is jump cancel-able, & it's sooooooo many options you have with that

damn, i wish people visited yosuke's sub-forum more =/

what do other yosuke payers do for blockstrings/pressure?

i tend to use 5B a lot because it's +1 on block & it's great for catching people trying to jump out of your pressure because of it's hitbox.

5AA is jump cancel-able, & it's sooooooo many options you have with that

I use 5B alot too, because tick throws and shit. I have been doing 5AA 2A 5AA into either 5B or airturn backdash JB, J236A~A and J2C.

I use 5B alot too, because tick throws and shit. I have been doing 5AA 2A 5AA into either 5B or airturn backdash JB, J236A~A and J2C.

lol i do that sometimes too! when i hit people with moonsault i end in mirage slash instead of kunai's for the ground oki

5AA > back superjump > glide~J.B is something i've been doing a lot because it's pretty fast to see coming

Well, what about Sukukaja blockstrings? I primarily use 5AAA backdash JD and 5A 5B 5C 2C Superjump Glide JA for midscreen and 5AAA airdash JBB or JB moonsaults in the corner. Trust in the install, its like Super Cool.

Unlike Mit-chan, Partner, and Chie-chan.

i do something similar to what you do in sukukaja. i don't really have any go to blockstrings, that will be the next thing i work on when i'm in the lab.

5B is great pressure just dont get predictable and watch your opponent because if they IB 5B your minus one and if you try to stagger you'll get smacked in the face by alot of characters.

jD, 5C (sometimes), 5A, 5B, jA and jB.

Yosuke has amazing buttons, if 'everything fails because people are spamming', it means you aren't playing smart/thinking properly or you don't know proper spacing.

Also: Read this WIP Guide: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s359/sh/32259a17-98ae-4b7e-b2ab-1fba6ee29c44/630f47aa55f457d53f1ca30610e65112

Hey guys, P4A scrub here. I never really took P4 seriously for the longest time due to none of the characters really appealing to me. I really love mixup based characters, but Aigis' offense was so freaking one dimensional that it made me cringe. I took a step back from the game until recently when my friend decided to pass on his knowledge of Yosuke to me as he was switching to Narukami in P4U2. I feel like an idiot for never playing this character, I love everything about him. So what I was wondering was now that I'm actually practicing the game and excited for Ultimax, what changes is Yosuke getting? All I know is that his getting actual oki which makes me squeal like a mixup happy schoolgirl. Where is he getting better/worse, and is he still the same in terms of character strength vs the absurd top tiers?

Hey guys, P4A scrub here. I never really took P4 seriously for the longest time due to none of the characters really appealing to me. I really love mixup based characters, but Aigis' offense was so freaking one dimensional that it made me cringe. I took a step back from the game until recently when my friend decided to pass on his knowledge of Yosuke to me as he was switching to Narukami in P4U2. I feel like an idiot for never playing this character, I love everything about him. So what I was wondering was now that I'm actually practicing the game and excited for Ultimax, what changes is Yosuke getting? All I know is that his getting actual oki which makes me squeal like a mixup happy schoolgirl. Where is he getting better/worse, and is he still the same in terms of character strength vs the absurd top tiers?

Hum, yes, I'd say he's pretty solid even against the top characters right now. Aside from the knockdown (which is great), I think he's better at dealing damage. I say this because Sukuaja is more of a combo tool now and the Hurricane Meteor Super deals good damage and doesn't require another 50 SP. It's still Yosuke damage but I do think he's better at it in P4U2. Still on Sukukaja, his 5A is now his throw animation, it's +1 on block and puts Yosuke behind them.

Moonsaults are also better now. Not because they were buffed (they were nerfed actually) but now they don't count as air actions anymore. For instance, in P4U you can normally do 2 Moonsaults > Kunai (3 air actions). In P4U2, you can do 3 Moonsaults + Kunai and it would count as 1 air action. That happens because Moonsault has it's own "counter" now. I think the only moves considered air actions (correct me if I'm wrong) are V-Slasher, Kunai and j.2C. 

In  a nutshell, you're allowed to do 3 Moonsaults (4 in Sukukaja) and 3 air actions (4 in Sukukaja [?]) together in one jump. I think that's pretty neat.

As for where he got "worse", his B Dash Spring from P4U is now the SB version, his 5B is 0 instead of +1 on block (I loved that shit) and Sukakaja's duration is way shorter now. That's fine though, considering what you can do with it.

Those are the only relevant changes I can remember. There's probably a thread around here with all his changes though.

Strife nailed it for the most part. He's better now due to the fact he doesn't have to end his combos with an air tech and lose momentum with a risky air grab or 2B (lol).

You can find the rest of his changes here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7966-p4au-yosuke-gameplay-discussion/?p=750608

Just take a moment and watch Torowa play him, it's magical:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MrXQFVjdvvk
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UDZiolO6Jqk 

noob question in p4a2 can you use the glide oki and pressure  that all yosuke are doing now and practice it in the first game p4a.sample the 5aa air glide crossup when the opponent is blocking. And is it just me or the air glide in p4a2 is shorter than first game  or i just need more practice air gliding?

Given the changes, I think we can probably start phasing out the term "Yosuke damage." I'd say he's moving up a tier. Yosuke was never bad, but he's a serious contender now and is able to do more "hits" in his "hit and run" style.

Also, his health is getting buffed, making some MUs much more favourable simply because they're no longer "get hit and die" situations.