Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Gameplay Discussion

I hate to generalize like this, but basically any Persona summon Yukiko does. 2B will beat it (though you'd have to be careful about Maragi).She's not free though since as I mentioned, Aigis doesn't have the most stellar defence and Yukiko has some of the better oki in the game, so once she gets the pressure going, it's hard to get out of it.

Aigis' defense is actually quite good, mainly because her defense becomes her offense if it switches her into Orgia Mode, she can follow up with a combo and keep Yukiko contained. Even if Yukiko baits her DP, Aigis gets enough distance away that it can be difficult to punish. She's one of the few who have that option. As you say though, it is not steam roll, you still have to apply thinking to win, and don't waste bullets on silly things. Aigis with no bullets could bring the match-up closer to even.

being angry online I guess you don't need to filter it haha

Count how many "I hate you" messages you get. It gives you something fun to do while taking all that salt :kitty:.

As a wise Stream commentator once said: "Trolls shut up in real life because they know the person they're trolling can just punch them in the face."

That's the most hilarious thing I've read all day. I wish I could sig.

Its still punishable as hell though, albeit I'm not sure how much Yukiko can get off a punish of it, but it's still pretty easy to punish (of course with 50 SP, you either have another reversal from it or a One More Cancel to avoid punishment).

Its still punishable as hell though, albeit I'm not sure how much Yukiko can get off a punish of it, but it's still pretty easy to punish (of course with 50 SP, you either have another reversal from it or a One More Cancel to avoid punishment).

Just do what Noel does when people block her Drive. Rapid One More it and have them say hello to pressure again. Then again, I'm sure choosing the right time to DP will come with practice. Now... If only I could make Aigis fight Ragna the Bloodedge... I'd pay him back for all the Inferno Dividers I had to swallow :arg:.

That's the most hilarious thing I've read all day. I wish I could sig.

Try shortening it ^^;?

Trolls shut up IRL cuz they'll be punched otherwise

It may be punishable. I haven't seen people do it that easily though, from the many Aigis vid's I've seen. It is punishable if Aigis is in the corner though. If her DP is blocked, she can't OMC it like in BB, for instance, it's only special cancel to save herself the punish. Yukiko can more than likely punish it since she has projectiles, but Aigis' DP seems like an annoying one to punish.

It must be like Litchi's DP all over again.

It pushes her quite a distance away. The awesome thing about it is that it's defense and offense because it switches her into Orgia mode and into the offensive. It's a really good DP because of that. No one else can change the momentum so easily off a DP. Litchi's DP was just lame because she couldn't RC it and it basically kills her defense since the staff goes away.

I always forget you can't OMC things like that on block lol. Still though, it is quite unsafe, so long as the opponent is paying attention. It's tricky at first because it moves you back, but it has quite a bit of time you can't act off it. Once people recognize it and block, punishing it becomes a lot simpler, and of course in the corner it's free.

You can't just boost cancel it right away though, so really, all it does is waste your own Orgia mode time against people that know how it works (though it's not very much since you're essentially idle).

In the end though, the real question is, when will we ever need to be using a DP defensively, if anything, the opponent should worry about DP'ing Aigis

just in case you couldn't tell, this is halfway sarcastic, but still, I feel we'll be on offense more than defense.

I always forget you can't OMC things like that on block lol. Still though, it is quite unsafe, so long as the opponent is paying attention. It's tricky at first because it moves you back, but it has quite a bit of time you can't act off it. Once people recognize it and block, punishing it becomes a lot simpler, and of course in the corner it's free.

You can't just boost cancel it right away though, so really, all it does is waste your own Orgia mode time against people that know how it works (though it's not very much since you're essentially idle).

Yeah, I've been watching Brett's stream, and he uses super cancels for his DP, OMC doesn't work like RC does in BB. From the high level Aigis play, it seems opponents don't react to her DP that well, maybe because most don't spam it a lot. As you say, like any DP, it can be punished if you recognize it.

If you don't spam Aigis' DP a lot, I don't think people will react to it easily. However, if in the corner, you can easily be punished if they block.

In the end though, the real question is, when will we ever need to be using a DP defensively, if anything, the opponent should worry about DP'ing Aigis

just in case you couldn't tell, this is halfway sarcastic, but still, I feel we'll be on offense more than defense.

Yes, Aigis doesn't necessarily need to DP to escape pressure, she can always quick escape, or short hop if you think a low is coming. Her pokes are fairly fast as well and if she's in Orgia mode, she can use speed to escape, kind of like a Tao in that regard.

edit: also remember chicken blocking doesn't work well in P4A since you can't block for the first five frames of start-up.

So I got to play Aigis mirrors for an hour today... it's a really weird match. The neutral game's kinda weird since you want to get in on your opponent and yet you also want to keep him out. It only gets weirder as you and your opponent are shifting between orgia mode and regular mode. Advantage obviously goes to whoever gets the first hit/knockdown. Overall, this is a match that has to be played methodically since Aigis is as good at keeping herself out as getting in on herself (yeah, I know that sounds weird but eh).

Some points:

- 2B is a great anti-air. It's kind of a general point but it's important to remember nonetheless.

- Aigis' bullets disappear when she's hit.

- 236A/B will beat out 2B at half screen and further.

- j.214C/D should not be used as long as your opponent has bullets or meter.

- Keep an eye on your bullet count. If you don't have any but your opponent does, the neutral game will become much more difficult for you.

- IDK how the Aigis meta will fold out in the West but from I've played, dash cancelled j.B after a sweep on hit or block will probably be a common tactic. The reason for this is because confirming a sweep is hard as shit so it pretty much has to be done pre-emptively and sweep > j.B will let you continue your pressure anyways if the sweep is blocked. As such, a blocked sweep is probably your cue to mash dat DP. Of course, this doesn't necessarily apply to every Aigis player...

I'll post more as I recall more things/play more.

On another note, playing Aigis is hard work :P

edit: also remember chicken blocking doesn't work well in P4A since you can't block for the first five frames of start-up.

Is that after jump start-up or including it? Cause 5 frames isn't that much different than 4 frames, which is the most common amount of time you can't block after jumping in BB.

So I got to play Aigis mirrors for an hour today... it's a really weird match. The neutral game's kinda weird since you want to get in on your opponent and yet you also want to keep him out. It only gets weirder as you and your opponent are shifting between orgia mode and regular mode. Advantage obviously goes to whoever gets the first hit/knockdown. Overall, this is a match that has to be played methodically since Aigis is as good at keeping herself out as getting in on herself (yeah, I know that sounds weird but eh).

Some points:

- 2B is a great anti-air. It's kind of a general point but it's important to remember nonetheless.

- Aigis' bullets disappear when she's hit.

- 236A/B will beat out 2B at half screen and further.

- j.214C/D should not be used as long as your opponent has bullets or meter.

- Keep an eye on your bullet count. If you don't have any but your opponent does, the neutral game will become much more difficult for you.

- IDK how the Aigis meta will fold out in the West but from I've played, dash cancelled j.B after a sweep on hit or block will probably be a common tactic. The reason for this is because confirming a sweep is hard as shit so it pretty much has to be done pre-emptively and sweep > j.B will let you continue your pressure anyways if the sweep is blocked. As such, a blocked sweep is probably your cue to mash dat DP. Of course, this doesn't necessarily apply to every Aigis player...

I'll post more as I recall more things/play more.

On another note, playing Aigis is hard work :P

Worth noting, I'm fairly sure that if you IB Aigis' sweep, it's punishable by most, if not the whole cast, so that alone could get you opened up really hard rather than mashing DP to try and get her.

Is that after jump start-up or including it? Cause 5 frames isn't that much different than 4 frames, which is the most common amount of time you can't block after jumping in BB.

Can't block during jump start-up, assuming jump start up for P4U is 5-frames.

Worth noting, I'm fairly sure that if you IB Aigis' sweep, it's punishable by most, if not the whole cast, so that alone could get you opened up really hard rather than mashing DP to try and get her.

How about a max distance sweep? It has decent range as far as sweeps go.

That'd need to be tested before I could say if a max distance sweep is safe or not.

I should be able to play again sometime this week, so I'll try and check then if I have the chance.

The explosive on her ground only leaves her arm if the throw connects. The active frames has her reach out with the bomb on her hand and the whiff animation has her leaning slightly forward as if she's lost her balance. As for the throw animation, again the bazooka only comes out if the grab connects, but she throws her arm out in the air before that happens.

Check out the sprite rips to see what I mean.

7th Gen Vulcan Cannon B...I wonder if that attack always gives bounce. Or maybe only from an air hit? I'd love to see if we could do anything other than Super.

Working on a character match-up guide for Aigis. At the moment Mitsuru seems to be the roughest since you can't Orgia Mode that easily. Looks like that one will be fun. Shall keep you guys posted! :)

Working on a character match-up guide for Aigis. At the moment Mitsuru seems to be the roughest since you can't Orgia Mode that easily. Looks like that one will be fun. Shall keep you guys posted! :)

Sounds good to me. You can go ahead and make the match-up threads too if you'd like and we can add all your information there.

How bad is aigis vs. Titsuru? I was under the impression it was even