Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Gameplay Discussion

How does one beat Mitsuru?

I feel like the epic amount of time with no answer might sadly be true. I also think this should be one of the most discussed Aigis topics.

The Japanese Aigis player, Yume, has won Evo 2013. Any thoughts?

made up for his absence in Japanese vids

I rarely see him play

kinda motivate me more to grind more and to get better

EVO day 2 FT5 Bananaken Vs Yume was pretty ballin

hope to see more

You know what would be amazing? If someone knowledgable could break down a Yume match. With pauses and commentary. His pressure is so good, but so fast all this reloading over and over is very frustrating.

You know what would be amazing? If someone knowledgable could break down a Yume match. With pauses and commentary. His pressure is so good, but so fast all this reloading over and over is very frustrating.

I can probably do this over the weekend or sometime next week. Would be a neat project. Any match in particular?

You would be an Aigis hero. I say go with whichever one you have the most insight on. If I were to vote it would be anything vs Mits.

You would be an Aigis hero. I say go with whichever one you have the most insight on. If I were to vote it would be anything vs Mits.

In that case I can take a look at WF and GF vs Lord Knight. No promises on getting it done anytime soon though, things get busy and I still need to record the BnB video and finish added all the combo stuff to the wiki :x

Hello everyone. I picked up Persona about a month ago and I now have the time to take it seriously. As in actually learn it lol. I am interested in Labrys, Shadow Labrys and Aigis. Moreso Aigis than the rest and that is where I am going to start. I know that it's inevitable that people will tell me, "Pick up another character, since you are new. She is too hard." Well, I am simply not worried about any learning curve. I play multiple fighters and I'm sure I will get used to her sooner or later. I'm willing to take my time with her. If anyone could give me tips/pointers, that would be amazing and I would highly appreciate it.

I've looked in the "Terminology Used on Dustloop" thread. Most of it I know, besides the numbers as directionals which right now, is a bit confusing to me but again, I'll get used to it. And of course I'm not used to the Persona-specific terminology. Like FC=Fatal Counter etc. I might have to think about it twice when I see such things. But I have to start somewhere, right?

Hopefully, this forum is still alive and well and the game is still alive and well with it. When I asked around, everyone pointed me in this direction so here I am. Hopefully I can meet some good players and eventually make new friends. Cheers. :)

I picked Aigis up day 1 and honestly I don't understand why people over exaggerate her learning curve. Most everything she does is pretty easy, she can get big man damage off shithead mixup which is mostly what you rely on when you start off. Some points I can give you that I had to learn from experience myself are: Watch your orgia bar (pretty basic thing but the most important), HITCONFIRM into megido(Don't just do boost>d.megido or something because god knows if they block it), don't spam 2b(Okay sometimes spam 2b, but never spam 2b. Fullscreen, covers good area and you can get special cancels out of it, but if they roll it you are going to get dicked in the face). Most everything else should be found in the Aigis wiki.

Lol, okay. Thank you very much. I like your attitude, Nobody. I'll try not to get dicked in the face anytime soon. :)

Also, I assume the whole "She's too hard for a beginner." deal is because of her Orgia mode. But it doesn't seem that bad, in my honest opinion.

Execution wise Aigis is actually a lot easier than people make her out to be. The real learning curve is managing the Orgia gauge and your movement, but that still is very overblown. Her hitconfirms/blockstrings are easy to understand, you get 4k+ from basic combos, and you have really straightforward neutral options. Movement's going to be the only thing to really learn more over other characters, and it's honestly not all that much harder.

The wiki is a good place to start, make sure you read the section about movement. I need to update it and add actual use combos (I guess i'll do that today or tomorrow) so keep an eye on it or dig through the combo thread a bit. Anything else you need to know you can find in here or ask in the QA thread.

Lol, okay. Thank you very much. I like your attitude, Nobody. I'll try not to get dicked in the face anytime soon. :)

Also, I assume the whole "She's too hard for a beginner." deal is because of her Orgia mode. But it doesn't seem that bad, in my honest opinion.

Managing Aigis' Orgia gauge isn't that difficult, but when you're first learning the game you don't want to have to worry about anything other than the basics.

That aside, the first place I'd point you to if you're completely new to this game is the P4A wiki to learn all the terminology and mechanics of the game. You can then move on to the Aigis section for all the character specific information, combos etc. There's a lot of good stuff in there and anything else you need to know should easily be answered by the rest of the community here.

I've also made a short tutorial on her normals, specials and supers and their properties as well as a basic guide to her combos as a visual guide to most of the information featured on the wiki (part three with strategies and whatnot coming soon).

Anyway, welcome to Dustloop and hope we can help.

@Digi - Very nice vid. I've been utilizing j.2b in ambiguous cross ups and safe jump setups but love your twist on it. The air-turn j.B fuzzy guard setups also look cool.

Here have a gimmicky set up:

You can set it up in Orgia still and still chase back tech, it works outside the corner and stuff. Nothing really special, just a funny gimmick. People like to neutral tech to avoid resets like that lol

Okay, this has been bugging the shit out of me for a really long time now so I had to log back in and ask:

How exactly does Aigis's triple Megido combo work? I don't think it's SMP glitch cause you're not anywhere close to 10 different moves before you hit the C Megido, and combos that should prorate MORE are untechable while combos that prorate less aren't. Also, it seems like even when I do it perfectly it still doesn't work sometimes.

I'm pretty sure it was an SMP exploit, actually. If 5AA counts for two and B Change counts for a move as well, then C Megido would be the tenth different move in the triple Megido combo.

That aside, here's a video on how to do it. Hope it helps.