Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Gameplay Discussion

So I memorized the wiki...pretty nifty and more in-depth than I expected, good job to whomever contributed! :D

On another note, I'll prolly stick to the default colors but out of the rest of them I'm partial to the Metis ones....though I'd expect Labrys to get em due to her weapon.

Yeah, I'm pretty glad she doesn't too.

And we've got Aigis' full colour palettes now thanks to Circ. Gonna be rocking #8 personally.

#10 for me :yaaay:

These color palettes look amazing! Can't wait to try them out ^__^!

Yep, #4 will probably be mine, I haven't had the option of a good blue color in ages, or I might just do the usual and use the original palette to claim that.

EDIT: Color #8 is really nice too.

I think Kurushii said something about DLC going up on JP PSN earlier. We may or may not see that soon, I guess.

17-24? I guess more colors isn't exactly shocking (after all, we've yet to get the McDonalds sponsored colors or the Zombie ones).

Cake colored or McDonalds colored main. Which do I want more?

Well, it'll be the first time I'll consider buying DLC colors if they're actually good. I might even do the same for the glasses. I want my Aigis to be stylin' while she's owning everyone.

I want my Aigis to be stylin' while she's owning everyone.

Which is why you need to help me petition to Arcsys about getting this included.

Which is why you need to help me petition to Arcsys about getting this included.

That's some Lambda stylin. She comes with different sets of glasses right? It's good to have some customization in this game. Though I don't know if I'll use Aigis' glasses, she looks pretty awesome without them :P

Cake colored or McDonalds colored main. Which do I want more?

McDonalds color for trolling man. Robot waitress from McDonalds has come to beat you into submission. Buy a Happy Meal, or face her wrath.

From the streams I've been watching, Aigis matches her tier position quite well. Man, it'll be tough facing off against her for some Aigis mirrors. It'll be worse than Lambda mirrors. Should be interesting.

Good damage, good oki, good pressure; yeah, Aigis is top tier for a reason. :3

I'm quite interested to see what Aigis mirrors will be like too actually. From what I've seen in match videos, it doesn't look too bad until both players activate Orgia Mode...

Speaking of which, what do you guys think of Aigis' match-ups so far?

Aigis' worst matchup is probably against herself. I can't think of any bad matchups off the top of my head. Then again, I've only played 4 hours so far so I'm not exactly the most qualified person to talk about matchups :V

Aigis' worst matchup is probably against herself. I can't think of any bad matchups off the top of my head. Then again, I've only played 4 hours so far so I'm not exactly the most qualified person to talk about matchups :V

I can't wait for the hate mail "stupid tier whore, play a real character"

Qualified enough, since she's even against herself and probably Mitsuru. Against Mitsuru it could be in Aigis' favor though since she has the zoning edge and stronger pressure. Against people who lack projectiles and are easily zoned she has a much clearer advantage. I would say Yosuke is rough, but Aigis does more damage and has stronger pressure, plus her DP is rather good and hard to punish.

I can't wait for the hate mail "stupid tier whore, play a real character"

The salt will roll in, but Aigis is a legit character that takes a lot of skill to use. Some of her combos I've seen on the jp wiki are insane. She gets good damage off mix-up, which will make a lot of people mad. Still, she ain't no CT Nu, so the salt won't be as bad. I still get salt from Lambda wins from time to time, I expect the same for Aigis.

Id have to agree on the Aigis mirror being hardest. The beginning neutral game is so important, as essentially as soon as one person lands a solid hit, its time to enter the spin cycle. Then we have more subpar defensive options vs her own amazing offense, it essentially can become hell while the other person goes to work. Of course, since its your own character, you should know most of her mix ups so blocking will be more manageable. Essentially, 50-50 at the start, but once someone lands a hit, the following game after becomes pretty bad for the Aigis who took the hit. Of course naturally it'd look slightly worse if you get hit in the first place, but much more noticeable in this MU.

Of course, we also got Mitsuru, who esentially can outrange Aigis at all times. I also want to say Yosuke is a bad match up for us...but I'm more only ever scared to see him with 25 SP, of course my Yosuke knowledge is quite more limited atm.