Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Gameplay Discussion

You know not the rage induced by CT Nu.

People sort of got their wish. Nu (sort of) disappeared.

People are still waiting for Noel to die.

The salt will roll in, but Aigis is a legit character that takes a lot of skill to use. Some of her combos I've seen on the jp wiki are insane. She gets good damage off mix-up, which will make a lot of people mad. Still, she ain't no CT Nu, so the salt won't be as bad. I still get salt from Lambda wins from time to time, I expect the same for Aigis.

I can say this till I'm blue in the face, the people around me get mad at my character choice when I beat them in mirror matches.

Still, I'm very excited to play Aigis, she's basically every character I've ever played in one. Resource management like Bang and Johnny (looks a little more difficult than them IMO), great mix-ups like Valentine, and zoning on top of it. Really excited to try her out.

@dualseeker:

Noel's game play isn't what annoys me, its her whole moe-blob thing she's got going on, I can tolerate the character just fine if you mute the television.

I can say this till I'm blue in the face, the people around me get mad at my character choice when I beat them in mirror matches.

Just say what I say.

"Have fun once the next Aigis kicks your ass."

Just say what I say.

"Have fun once the next Aigis kicks your ass."

I think people just dislike how bad Noel's spam drive and how none can forget how gdlk 2D was in CS2. Due to Aigis' mechanics I think she'll be top tier for quite awhile, unless they nerf Orgia mode length, so much so it's basically a gimmick ha. We should brag about how much salt. Make a tally sheet or something. Could be fun.

Aigis might have a rough time with s.lab. Since her projectile options will be limited it, but she does have an easy way to get in and out, and she can break s.lab's persona easier than more.

Best match ups for Aigis would be Yukiko, Liz, and Kanji. Rest should slightly in her favor or even.

I get Liz and Kanji, but why Yukiko as one of the best match ups?

"F your fans, I have a freaking Machine Gun."

Also Orgia Mode Aigis maximum speed airdash says hi.

Well, this makes things easier for me (my friend wants to main Yukiko).

You better block every Dia attempt. It's an even more troll DP than Mu's.

Are there really that many people who get upset about people wanting to maximize their chances of winning by using good characters :\

Oh well, not like it bothers me. If I know I am playing someone who will give me crap for playing aegis I will purposely play the cheapest day1 aegis to just anger them that much more when i win :\:\

Are there really that many people who get upset about people wanting to maximize their chances of winning by using good characters :\

Oh dear child.

The horrors you are about to experience.

Oh dear child.

The horrors you are about to experience.

Eh, I am not a child, though my experiences with fighting games are limited.

No one in my ( admittedly small ) guilty gear scene has any problems with tiers, and I have been playing Melee competitively since 2008, and I never hear anyone seriously bitching about the extremely 'gay' things you can do with certain characters in that game. I suppose when you are playing the same game that has been out since 2001 people don't whine/bitch/moan after years and years and years.

No one in my ( admittedly small ) guilty gear scene has any problems with tiers, and I have been playing Melee competitively since 2008, and I never hear anyone seriously bitching about the extremely 'gay' things you can do with certain characters in that game. I suppose when you are playing the same game that has been out since 2001 people don't whine/bitch/moan after years and years and years.

Trust me.

The Anime Fighting Game Community is MUCH MUCH different than the Smash community.

You will find out in time that the salt high tier mains produce outweighs the salt in the ocean :kitty:

Trust me.

The Anime Fighting Game Community is MUCH MUCH different than the Smash community.

You will find out in time that the salt high tier mains produce outweighs the salt in the ocean :kitty:

Awesome. Well I welcome it with open arms ;D

Oh well, not like it bothers me. If I know I am playing someone who will give me crap for playing aegis I will purposely play the cheapest day1 aegis to just anger them that much more when i win :\:\

Yes, there are all over the place, they're watching us as we speak... for some reason they feel like top tiers don't deserve their wins because apparently don't have to work as hard. I don't think we'll get it as bad as Mitsuru though. The other reason is just as you said, they feel we only choose a character to better our chances of winning. I'm not sure how many people I speak for, but I personally don't care that Aigis is top tier, I just choose whoever's most fun (which has landed me squarely in low tier several times I deserve top tier this time). Besides, I've tried picking characters based on tier before, it didn't work out (CSII Bang > Makoto all day) having a character that didn't "fit" me right made me lose more.

Also...there is nothing wrong with Mu's DP, and I look forward to kicking Yukiko in the face for trying to heal.

I get Liz and Kanji, but why Yukiko as one of the best match ups?

Aigis can easily kill off Yukiko's persona. Yukiko without a persona is a dead Yukiko because Aigis can set the pace of the match up, she does more damage, has stronger mix-up, and her projectiles come out really fast compared to Yukikos, and lest not forget how good Orgia mode is. It's like she becomes Taokaka with better offense and defensive capabilities vs a Lambda. That's my take on it at any rate.

Also...there is nothing wrong with Mu's DP, and I look forward to kicking Yukiko in the face for trying to heal.

I never said there was anything wrong with Mu's DP. It's troll because it pushes you all the way back, and you have to deal with her zoning again. It's just troll, not broken.

Also, what is my post doing in yours without quotes around it? :mad:

I hate to generalize like this, but basically any Persona summon Yukiko does. 2B will beat it (though you'd have to be careful about Maragi).She's not free though since as I mentioned, Aigis doesn't have the most stellar defence and Yukiko has some of the better oki in the game, so once she gets the pressure going, it's hard to get out of it.

I never said there was anything wrong with Mu's DP. It's troll because it pushes you all the way back, and you have to deal with her zoning again. It's just troll, not broken.

Also, what is my post doing in yours without quotes around it? :mad:

I have no idea...how did that even happen?

That doesn't work. With Melee you're talking about a local scene right? In those instances, people rarely cry fowl over such and such character being OP, they'd rather save something like that for the internet so they can voice their opinions openly. It's not much different than the anime FGC or SFFGC, they may not say a character is good, but they will under frustration and when safely behind a computer monitor.

It's not much different than the anime FGC or SFFGC, they may not say a character is good, but they will under frustration and when safely behind a computer monitor.

As a wise Stream commentator once said: "Trolls shut up in real life because they know the person they're trolling can just punch them in the face."

That doesn't work. With Melee you're talking about a local scene right? In those instances, people rarely cry fowl over such and such character being OP, they'd rather save something like that for the internet so they can voice their opinions openly. It's not much different than the anime FGC or SFFGC, they may not say a character is good, but they will under frustration and when safely behind a computer monitor.

ahhh I guess I hadn't thought of that. being angry online I guess you don't need to filter it haha