Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Gameplay Discussion

.5 seconds after victory: stream monsters screaming how fraud and broken aigis is loool

congrats to Xie, and to Aigis being a beautiful, beautiful machine. Brent Spiner/Data tier

Guys guys.

Do you like air throw resets?

Because I have one that I'm not sure if people know about.

Like. If you cancel the first hit of j.C into j.D, Aigis recovers really quickly, the the opponent does too. So you can grab them, but if they tech in any direction midscreen they get out. But in the corner, you can just jump after the j.D and grab any up/away/neutral tech.

You can air dash too so you might be able to dash back and catch an away tech but...

Don't know how useful this is since you can't combo unless you're in Orgia Mode, but maybe someone can make use of it?

So, Aigis players. I'm curious. What exactly happened here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ucFdJSyvZw&feature=relmfu#t=4m49s

It looked like Aigis grabbed, then Athena hit mid-grab animation, allowing Labrys to Burst, then the grab explosive went off anyway?

The explosive stays on you for a second, so if you burst it will go off. It's not an immediate damage thing, it's delayed. You can OMC the grab and the explosive will go off later on its own.

Guys guys.

Do you like air throw resets?

Because I have one that I'm not sure if people know about.

Like. If you cancel the first hit of j.C into j.D, Aigis recovers really quickly, the the opponent does too. So you can grab them, but if they tech in any direction midscreen they get out. But in the corner, you can just jump after the j.D and grab any up/away/neutral tech.

You can air dash too so you might be able to dash back and catch an away tech but...

Don't know how useful this is since you can't combo unless you're in Orgia Mode, but maybe someone can make use of it?

I'm going to do some theory fighting with this and thanks :)

Just hit 777 PSR with Aigis. Never touching ranked again.

Why's my name red though? I didn't RQ or anything like that. :(

Just hit 777 PSR with Aigis. Never touching ranked again.

Why's my name red though? I didn't RQ or anything like that. :(

Aw man, I was saying I was the highest PSR in the US. But then I noticed you passed me and I was too lazy to keep up. Not that it really matters, but lol

>Location: Vancouver, Canada

>dohoho

But uh, your name shouldn't be red if you never disconnected in a match. D:

The whole red name thing has happened to a few people I know actually. Some weird glitch or something.

Not sure where else to post this but here is something simple that should be somewhere in a guide for noobs. It's basically 956A+C>j.B/j.C. I'm sure some people already know how to do this but but I just thought it would be posted somewhere for new players, basically off of either a j.B or just somewhat near neutral you can input that for a stupid fast safe crossup that leads into big damage, you can mix it up with spacing or input 8~66A+C>j.B/j.C.

Jump B version works like this j.B>956A+C>j.B >j.C land

Also it took me a bit to find out you can just buffer a 66 input instead of trying to guess how long to hold 6 for the shortest possible boost.

Can someone please explain 22B to me? If I use it to switch out of Origia mode, why does she overheat? Is there no benefit to using the B version to switch out of Orgia mode?

There's no point in using 22B to exit since it still takes longer to refill than using 22A would. That and you don't have the leisure of going back into Orgia Mode halfway through recharging or something.

Yume and Ishie come to mind on the topic of top Aigis players.

As for combo vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NJNRBxzxPkw (Has a transcript in the video description)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns3qamOVSf8 (It's in Japanese but it has some nifty tricks)

AchedSphinx also has a bunch of combo demos on his YT

http://www.youtube.com/user/AchedSphinx

Can someone please explain 22B to me? If I use it to switch out of Origia mode, why does she overheat? Is there no benefit to using the B version to switch out of Orgia mode?

I've had this problem too... from now on if I'm ending a combo I'll try to B+D to finish... other than that, 22A. Though can you still overheat with 22A?

I tried looking through the combo thread, but I'm a visual learner. I can't learn combos from reading them.

Really? I'm a mix but mostly I can read and figure it out.

How are people using j.C outside of combos. Like situations, spacing and what not?

I have a really bad mentality for using it since I seem to get Athena killed a lot by it's use haha. (I also play against Labrys a lot, damn her j.B)

When i do use it though; I usually try to throw it out when I'm approaching air to air, especially if my opponents above me since there isn't much Aigis can do to cover above her when she's airborn but below the opponent. I'm wary on using it against an opponent on the ground though, Athena just feels like a big target that gets beaten (or trade?)by almost anything?

I feel like I should be whoring this move out more, advice?

AchedSphinx also has a bunch of combo demos on his YT

http://www.youtube.com/user/AchedSphinx

Thanks for that. I'm probably going to add a few combo variations soon. Kind of funny but I accidentally uploaded the same combo twice.

How are people using j.C outside of combos. Like situations, spacing and what not?

I have a really bad mentality for using it since I seem to get Athena killed a lot by it's use haha. (I also play against Labrys a lot, damn her j.B)

When i do use it though; I usually try to throw it out when I'm approaching air to air, especially if my opponents above me since there isn't much Aigis can do to cover above her when she's airborn but below the opponent. I'm wary on using it against an opponent on the ground though, Athena just feels like a big target that gets beaten (or trade?)by almost anything?

I feel like I should be whoring this move out more, advice?

I do have a video I'm going to upload soon of this good Aigis I played that dominated me with j.C cross over. It was insane.

The most basic way I use j.C is as a jump-in and follow it up with megido for the reset. j.C comes out in 8F, so in most cases you'll win if both of you use your moves at the same time (Aigis j.C comes out faster than Labrys j.B). It gets beaten by a lot of things because I don't think persona attacks clash, they just die. If you watch some of the Aigis jpn vids, a lot of them spam j.C in hopes of it connecting for megido reset.

I've mainly been using j.C as a far range air-to-air and so far, I've been having good results (then again, I might just be playing bad players :V). Like you said, I've been using it when the opponent is above me and it's been doing wonders for me. I'm usually pretty cautious about using j.C as an air-to-ground though due to how easy it is to break Athena. I usually opt to use j.B as an air-to-ground although I might throw out an IAD j.C against respectful opponents every now and then.

Ah k then, sounds like I'm not too far off the path.

@Ached: are you hit confirming off of j.C[1]? or just throwing the Megido out anyways?

Well, you have about 8-10F to react to the j.C[1] hit confirm, so must cases I've seen, you just throw it out and hope it hits. You can block afterwards or DP.