Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Gameplay Discussion

I've seen a lot of people (Xie, Sev, Alzarath) talk about some of the amazing things Koichi is doing with Aegis. (Triple Megido combos, for example), but I haven't been able to get my hands on the videos, since I think they are on nico? Anyone here that have watched the vids that can help me, I don't want to fall behind. :(

[EDIT] nvm, I saw a link from Alzarath in the vids thread, I can start with that at least, although help with nico would still be appreciated. :]

Can you link me the video? I wanna see how this triple megi works, even though I use Akihiko.

I really, really wanted to learn Aigis and Elizabeth since I started playing this game but decided they were too hard and settled with Yukiko after messing around with Shadow Labrys, Akihiko and Labrys. Is Aigis hard to learn on pad? I'm just curious.

Is Aigis hard to learn on pad?

Learning her on pad won't be any more difficult than on stick as long as you're comfortable using a pad. The only time a character might be harder to use on pad is when they use negative edging but even then it's not impossible.

Learning her on pad won't be any more difficult than on stick as long as you're comfortable using a pad. The only time a character might be harder to use on pad is when they use negative edging but even then it's not impossible.

I just tried her out in training mode. I really, really, really like her. :o

Surprised myself that I can get a few combos out with her. Need to learn basics first though but damn, this chick is scary. :v:

I've been trying to learn Aigis for a while, and I decided to try her in battle and she's VERY akward to use. Like, I dont know who should I be approaching the opp or just how to play it safe most of the time, I can do combos and mixups, but those mean nothing if I can't get used to her neutral game. Any tips?

I have been playing online for awhile now and I cant find any good aigis players. If anyone would like to help learn the mu please add me on psn LaunchPad_Atl. I live in Atl ga so if you have played someone close to there or boarding states please lets play.

I've been trying to learn Aigis for a while, and I decided to try her in battle and she's VERY akward to use. Like, I dont know who should I be approaching the opp or just how to play it safe most of the time, I can do combos and mixups, but those mean nothing if I can't get used to her neutral game. Any tips?

I've got much to improve on but I'll have a crack at this anyways (everyone else, feel free to correct/rip on me)

Aigis' goal is to get in on your opponent obviously. This isn't as straight-forward as it seems due to her awkward ground normals and unorthodox movements so the question is how will you get in on him/her? There are a few ways to do this:

- Play it safe. Aigis has fantastic zoning moves that can allow her to keep out opponents and maintain neutral dominance. If your opponent rushes you recklessly and you catch him with 2B, either confirm into a j.C ender to pop up your opponent or (the much preferred) j.2B knockdown. You can go to Orgia mode from either of these.

- A variation of the above would be to incorporate Athena into your zoning. This does wonders against poorly-done zoning.

- Air approaches. In contrast to her ground normals, Aigis has surprisingly solid air normals. IAD j.C covers a good amount of her in front of her and is a 2-hit move so even you hit your opponent at maximum height of the IAD, the 2nd hit will lock him in blockstun even after you land. From there, you can begin your shenanigans. Although this can be hard to foresee if done at the right times, it can also easily be beaten by anti-airs. Use this wisely.

- Orgia mode approaches. Switch to orgia mode during neutral, boost towards the opponent and run a train on them. A more safer variation of this to use on opponents who have a brain would be to use 2B while in Orgia and if the opponent blocks it, you can cancel to the boost and approach them while they're in a (very short) period of blockstun. Keep in mind that this can be costly in fuel and bullets.

- Run up to them and hope that they don't push buttons. That or combine her ground movements with any of the above.

Depending on the opponent, I'll either prefer to play it safe or approach with IAD j.C. Likewise, your approaches with Aigis will have to be varied against differing opponents.

If you're playing against a bad player, fullscreen orgia dash jC will work everytime, as soon as the jC connects (it will always hit them) just do j236D and ignore neutral for the remainder of the round. This will literally work 100% of the time.

against a good opponent do this and they will probably block and punish you for not properly confirming into firespin so you actually have to play :(

I believe it works as a sort of safe OS, at least against Mitsuru's DP from my experience.

And this has probably been asked already but exactly what can you do when you're not in Orgia Mode? Most of the time I find myself playing gay while waiting for the meter to rise. I guess what I'm supposed to say is what's the most Aigis can do offensively in general and also what can I do if 5C or 2C hits? And yes I'm aware Aigis can do 5AA > Orgia.

I never do 2B > C megido and had been wondering, is it safe?

C Megido isn't safe on instant block (seems to be -6) against most of the cast. Only a few characters can punish on regular block (seems to be -4) and who they are and their punish is as follows:

Kanji - SB command grab

Naoto - 214214A or B~C or D

Aigis - Heavenly Spear

It's easier to list the characters that can't punish a ground C Megido on instant block:

Labrys, Shadow Labrys, Elizabeth, and Yukiko

Still, Megidos are pretty risky to throw out because it can be r-actioned or 2Bed on reaction depending on how far you do it.

I believe it works as a sort of safe OS, at least against Mitsuru's DP from my experience.

And this has probably been asked already but exactly what can you do when you're not in Orgia Mode? Most of the time I find myself playing gay while waiting for the meter to rise. I guess what I'm supposed to say is what's the most Aigis can do offensively in general and also what can I do if 5C or 2C hits? And yes I'm aware Aigis can do 5AA > Orgia.

In some match-ups the better ground mobility of normal mode and retreat options are actually preferred to get that first hit, then from that combo, you're usually going into orgia mode with a knockdown. As far as offensive options go in normal mode, 5A is jump cancellabe on block so she can do air turn crossups off that. 2A is neutral on block and opens up a few frame traps (i.e. 2A>dash>5A; or 2A>delay>5A,5B, sweep, etc.).

Off a 5C or 2C hit, midscreen you can 236236C but not off a max range 5C. You can also 236A or 236AB. If you hit your opponent with a point blank 5C, you can iad j.C for a combo into orgia(5C>iad>j.C(2)>land and dash>j.A(1)>dj>j.A(1)>j.B>j.2B>land>5AA>22B>j.C(1)>236D). In the corner, off a 5C hit, iad>j.B>j.A>land>5AA>22B etc.

you know what works every time all the time always

2B C-Megido

just do it

Yes, it's a good tool. I tend to do 2B > SB megido if I have the meter.

You can be as aggressive as you want when not in Orgia mode. Aigis has quick normals, so she can beat out a lot of things. When not in Orgia mode it's up to you how you want to play. Being defensive is fine if they're not doing anything to stop you. At all times, you'll want to play at Aigis's pace, you also have to play defensively against some characters, like Kanji for instance.

Oki, resets, zoning, defense, superior offense, superior mix-up, momentum, I don't think Aigis needs more than that. Combo-wise, her basic megido combos are enough to get you pretty far. The relaunch combos are fun though.