Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Q&A/FAQ Thread

Main_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Have an Aigis related query? Find the answer here.

FAQ

Q. How do I get Sweep > Boost j.B to connect?

A. Try holding forward as you do the boost j.B and see if that helps. Effectively you'll be doing this: Sweep > [6]B > j.C > etc.

Q. Is there a penalty for using Escape Change while Aigis is overheated?

A. No. The only noticeable difference between Aigis' R-Action when overheated is that you cannot go back into Orgia Mode when you use it.

Q. How do you perform Aigis' cross-ups?

A. Aigis can use an Air Turn in conjunction with one of her air normals to cross her opponents up. This is usually done off an instant air dash or after D Megido oki and is particularly useful with either j.B or j.C.

Q. What are Aigis' air-unblockable moves?

A. Aigis doesn't have any of those besides 2B when she has run out of bullets.

Q. I can't get Radical Cannon to connect after an SB Megido. What am I doing wrong?

A. It's all in the timing. Make sure you hit Radical Cannon around about the time the last two hits of SB Megido connect. You can also try doing SB Megido > [land] > 5A (whiff) > Radical Cannon to help with the timing.

Q. I'm having a lot of trouble getting down the j.2B relaunch combos? How do I do it and is it really worth it?

A. Firstly, knowing the j.2B relaunch is useful but don't feel too disheartened if you can't do it. You probably won't use it very often, but it can be handy despite how situational it is.

To get the combo to work you'll need to delay the j.B > j.2B so that you're below your opponent when the j.2B connects. By doing this, you can land and hit 5A to relaunch your opponent. It's very height and spacing specific though, so you'll just have to keep practicing it until your comfortable with it. Here's a visual aid to help.

I have a question regarding bullet usage since it is rather important. I haven't seen anything apart from how many bullets 2B takes (eight I believe).

Does 5AA take ten and Vulcan twelve? I think that's what I remember taking note of in a recent video.

You're right about 2B and 5AA, but Blast Gatling and Vulcan Gun consume a different amount of bullets depending on the version use. You can also mash the button you used for the special to fire even more bullets, but I don't have any numbers for that yet.

I read that Orgia mode reduces the amount of bullets consumed. Do you guys happen to know the base percentage it reduces, or how many bullets it takes off, or if it even does that at all?

That information is false. Orgia mode doesn't have any effect on how many bullets Aigis uses.

Really? That's a bummer, but then again, I've rarely seen Aigis run out of bullets in a round and I've seen at least 100 videos of her.

I know Aigis uses her bullets for her zoning, but if she runs out, how much does it effect her gameplan? She still has Orgia mode to get in and those mortars and stuff, so I'm curious... does she become Carl without it? :P

does she become Carl without it? :P

No, it's not quite that bad. :lol:

If I had to relate it to BB, I would say she becomes a nailless Bang with bullets but in reverse; instead of losing an option for getting in, Aigis loses a way to keep her opponent out. She's still very strong without bullets thanks to Orgia mode, but if you ever run out you'll have a hard time keeping your opponent at bay while you recharge your meter. You'll also lose certain combo paths (5AA, for example), but this can also be corrected by using Orgia mode.

That said, if you've run out of bullets before the end of a match, you're probably playing her wrong anyway lol.

So, is there anywhere with a normals showcase? There's such a thin in the Yuu boards, describing his normals and listing their inputs and such, none is here however.

For example she has this one air move which looks like a downward kick which sends em bouncing and can be comboed off of, would that be a JB or a command air normal or what? I'll be using her soon in this tournament and I wanna be somewhat prepared at least in theory so any help is appreciated! :D

So, is there anywhere with a normals showcase? There's such a thin in the Yuu boards, describing his normals and listing their inputs and such, none is here however.

For example she has this one air move which looks like a downward kick which sends em bouncing and can be comboed off of, would that be a JB or a command air normal or what? I'll be using her soon in this tournament and I wanna be somewhat prepared at least in theory so any help is appreciated! :D

Check the wikia for Aigis. It has some good info on her normals, it just doesn't have the frame data yet.

Check the wikia for Aigis. It has some good info on her normals, it just doesn't have the frame data yet.

Ah, alright, thanks.

What exactly is Orgia mode?

Orgia Mode transforms Aigis into a high mobility character with very potent rushdown potential. Once in Orgia mode, the Orgia gauge slowly decreases, and once empty, Orgia mode is temporarily disabled. Performing Orgia mode-specific attacks (such as air dashes, and Megido Fire EX) consumes a portion of the Orgia gauge.

Orgia Mode transforms Aigis into a high mobility character with very potent rushdown potential. Once in Orgia mode, the Orgia gauge slowly decreases, and once empty, Orgia mode is temporarily disabled. Performing Orgia mode-specific attacks (such as air dashes, and Megido Fire EX) consumes a portion of the Orgia gauge.

That's really cool dude, thanks. Just got the game planning to main Aigis.

So Aigis uses her bullets for keeping her opponent out? Does she have tools for a safe approach? I really enjoy playing Lambda in BB because she has some good high low mixups with easy ways to get in and play keep away, I'm wondering if Aigis plays similar in that respect

That's really cool dude, thanks. Just got the game planning to main Aigis.

Have fun. Aigis is quite difficult to get a hang of at first, but she's very rewarding once you figure your stuff out.

So Aigis uses her bullets for keeping her opponent out? Does she have tools for a safe approach?

Yeah, Aigis' bullets are mainly for keepaway (mostly in the form of 2B), but she also needs them for combos. As for making approaches safe, she can use 2B to cover herself or even 5D to try and limit her opponents options, but you'll mostly be using her high mobility in Orgia Mode to rush your opponent down since you can get in so quickly with it.

I really enjoy playing Lambda in BB because she has some good high low mixups with easy ways to get in and play keep away, I'm wondering if Aigis plays similar in that respect

She kinda does, but Aigis plays incredibly different from Lambda. While they both have a strong mix-up game, Aigis is a lot more rush-down orientated than Lambda is and she doesn't have anywhere near as good keepaway skills as Lambda does. You should only really play defensively when you're out of Orgia meter and keep pressure on your opponent when you do.

Thanks HexaNoid

When I play lambda I like to throw spike chasers and catch my opponent in a 236D so I can start my mix up game safely. I'm not too worried about keep away but I'm wondering if Aigis has anything similar. When I found her move list I was hoping you could drop her persona and do 214C or 214D to have the same effect. However, i've never seen anyone ever use 214C or 214D. Is it a reliable move?

Not really. The problem with 214C/D is that it has a really slow start-up which makes it easily punished. Fast characters like Yosuke can run up to you and hit you on reaction and characters with fast, long-range projectiles like Naoto and Elizabeth can hit you from full screen which makes the missiles disappear too.

Basically, if you want to catch your opponent in a blockstring, you're gonna have to pick your spots and fly in since there's no way to make your approaches 100% safe.

As in 22AB? Apart from a couple of hitconfirms for some combos, I haven't found much use for it. Doesn't seem to be worth spending the SP on, in my opinion.

If Aigis gets hit while her persona is in the counter state, does she disappear? I just want a way to make my opponent stay still while I run in. I know nothing is 100% safe so I'm shooting for 99% lol.

If Aigis gets hit while her persona is in the counter state, does she disappear?

Yeah, Athena's counter only activates when her shield is struck. If Aigis is hit she disappears even if the shield is hit as well.

What are the general pokes I should be using in neutral when I first start using Aigis to not be completely free?

5A, 2A, 5B and 2B are all pretty useful. Moreso in Orgia Mode where you can boost cancel them for mix-up.

What happens if you whiff jumping 214a /b, like, what are your options? It doesn't seem like you can do anything after it. Or are they just for combos? What are the tools I should rely on for space control while she recharges?

What happens if you whiff jumping 214a /b, like, what are your options?

I'm going to assume you mean Vulcan Cannon (j.236A/B) here and say not a lot. If you can't super cancel it then you just have to land.

What are the tools I should rely on for space control while she recharges?

2B, 2D and 5D. Be careful with how you use 2B though since your opponent can use an Evasive Action to get past the bullets and punish the long recovery on that move if you get predictable.

Are there any practical uses for Athena's Ds? It seems to me like a horrible counter. Most of them have terrible start up and recovery, and even if the counter gets triggered, you can react and block it. She just sits there for too long and ends up getting hit anyways.

And I think I've seen attacks go straight through it even when it's active as well and go on and hit Aigis and/or Athena. =(

Same question for 2C.