Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Q&A/FAQ Thread

I got it. That's my fault.

I don't get what Kurum is saying about unflying then going for the jump and have no clue where someone said to do that. Are you talking about normal jumping out of unfly or just cancelling it with a normal?

With the unfly safejump you don't have to guess, but if you just do a regular jump attack as a safejump, wouldn't you still have to guess if they don't bite?

There's some miscommunication going on. I'm sure you guys know about running low on Orgia meter and needing to unfly, but still wanting to keep the pressure on. Certain combos/enders allow you to unfly and still safejump afterwards (as long as they're still mashing on tech). What I'm wanting to know is how to still "safely" do it if they don't tech. I have an idea, but I haven't tried it yet.

okay. unfly being mode change out of orgia.

I've been thinking about that exact same thing the other day. You can safe jump, like you said, if you end with C megido and off certain confirms with D megido but they don't have to tech still. meaty 2A should safe meaty a lot of reversals since it has 9F recovery. Still, it doesn't work against every reversal and is very tight on the timing. I'm trying to still find a more consistent method that works on every reversal.

Yeah, by unfly I meant flight mode cancel not mode change, my bad. I thought you were testing me or something when you asked me how the safe jump worked, Kurum, lol.

With that out of the way, this could lead to some interesting tech. How good is 214A/B for oki?

Let's say I REALLY want to get in on the opponent with Orgia and the opponent for whatever reason and I had at least 100 SP to spare. Would it be worth the meter to snipe/lockdown the opponent with Gatling Blast then cancel into Goddess Shield > OMC so I can start a mixup?

There's a big enough gap to roll through goddess shield after gatling blast, even on hit(standing only) unless you were point blank when you did the gatling blast. Your opponent's character and where your opponent was on the screen(if they are in the corner, it's a free punish) depends on if they can punish or not but even then, the game is right back at neutral and you wasted 50 meter and some recoverable life.

Ok I don't quite understand when to use orgia mode and when not to use it. Should I be setting myself up for oki and then activate orgia? Cause I'm not even sure if its ok to even activate it at full screen.

Ok I don't quite understand when to use orgia mode and when not to use it. Should I be setting myself up for oki and then activate orgia? Cause I'm not even sure if its ok to even activate it at full screen.

You need to be looking to activate it safely and then using it to get in and apply mix ups. You can do B mode change when you have the space safely enough, you can land a combo that starts from non-Orgia that mode changes into Orgia, or have certain pressure strings that let you safely mode change(these are more char specific).

So, you need to use it so you have boost and j.C to get in and control neutral, and to get your damage and mix ups. It's easy enough to find a safe spot to mode change or look for a confirm to combo into mode change. The only time you really don't want to be in Orgia is to cool down. The best way to go about that is to end a combo so you can deactivate and safe jump, then keep up the non-Orgia pressure from there until you can confirm into Orgia again or get a safe change.

If you need something more specific feel free to ask.

Orgia on oki is your best bet. Also, try to get your opponent to respect your block strings, then orgia. Outside that it depends on the matchup, but fullscreen is usually safe. When to activate and deactivate orgia is probably the most important thing to playing her well.

Ok I think I get it a little better now. So during non orgia what are her safe block strings? Cause I keep getting hit by people mashing 5A or 2A.

I can't believe I missed this somehow. You can do 5A > 2A > 5A and stagger stuff to frametrap people wanting to mash out or wanting to look for the throw. You gotta make people respect that and then you can start mixing in other things like 5A > jc > j.2B and other mix ups.

Ah ok that makes sense, I always forget that you gotta make people respect set ups before the mix up flow chart comes in. ^^;

I do have some questions about the differences between using 22A and 22B for orgia. At least from what I saw frame data wise on the wiki, 22B recovers faster and hovers a little giving access to jB right out of it and set up other potential mix ups out of it. So is there a reason you wouldn't use 22A over 22B when going into orgia? I get that when going back to non-orgia that 22A recovers slower but doesn't overheat you and 22B will overheat you.

You use 22B to go into Orgia mid combo so you can get a j.C or j.A out while you're airborne, and you use it outside of that since it puts you airborne and lets you start moving right away. So, that means in a lot of situations you'll use 22B more. To deactivate it you'll always use A or SB if you really need to. You can use SB to activate and get the overhead if you wanna try and surprise someone.

It's not a 2A, it's a 2B quickly jump canceled, the combo (which is pretty hard, still not good at it after a long time) is stuff > 5AA > 5B > j.Ax3 > j.C(2) > late 236D > Land > 22A > 2B > j.A > j.B > j.2B

It's very hard in my opinion, and I don't know how stuff before 5AA (like j.B>jAAA in this one) affects the timing.

Ah ok. Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to slow it down to see what button it was and still got it wrong. It happens so fast haha. Going to try it again now.

The key part in that is to hit 236D very low so that you land -> deactivate faster, and to jump cancel 2b as fast as possible so it only hits with 1 or 2 bullets

Thanks for the advice. The bullet thing is a problem so far. I hit 2B and immediately try to cancel but I guess the character is too high because I have to wait for the bullets to come out sometimes. btw, how late for the 236D? slight? is there an animation to look for in the falling??

the 236d is as late as possible.

animation to look for..not really

you should be doing late 236d, 22a, dash 2b ~

lmao im dumb. I thought the extra 2 was a typo on 22A. Now that I am watching the combo again it makes sense. Cant thank enough for the help.

So I looked around for that and didn't find anything besides the 0 values with 50 SMP. A possibility is they actually have no P1/P2 on their own but just have 50 SMP per bullet after the first one, that's just an idea but it seems about right.

Looked and searched the forum didnt see anything so ill ask here. How do I tri jump? the instant air turn thing while in Orgia. When I try it feels like my timing is off and the J.C never comes out. 

Edit: Think I got it. hold up forward, Forward for the dash, air turn then C. I think, looks really fast. Ill keep trying. 

Looked and searched the forum didnt see anything so ill ask here. How do I tri jump? the instant air turn thing while in Orgia. When I try it feels like my timing is off and the J.C never comes out. 

Edit: Think I got it. hold up forward, Forward for the dash, air turn then C. I think, looks really fast. Ill keep trying.

Do an IAD motion and then time the A+C and j.C for the angle you want. I wrote up on the wiki about this ^_^

Do an IAD motion and then time the A+C and j.C for the angle you want. I wrote up on the wiki about this ^_^

Thanks for the reply. I think I understand it a bit better now. I was a little confused about the land on the ground part in the wiki. I thought the whole thing took place in the air?