Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

yosuke's "glide" is that just instant airdashing while doing an air turn? Or is it more advanced then that?

A bit more complicated unfortunately. It's kara cancelling his J.2B into an airturn after your airdash, so it looks like 66 > J.2B~AC. However, the timing that you do the J.2B after the airdash changes your speed and your descent arc, so unless you have done it a lot, simply throwing it out there may sometimes land you right in front of a kanji's face (which is no place for a happy Yosuke.) I would say that it is something you should take time to master though, because it is a really powerful skill.

For reference is it like Litchi's Kara Air throw from CS?

I never played CS extensively, so the mechanics are a bit lost to me, but I have heard it compared to Carl's kara airthrow trick before.

Back in time to not play the game with the people...

Might have it by Saturday, it still sucks missing out though.

A bit more complicated unfortunately. It's kara cancelling his J.2B into an airturn after your airdash, so it looks like 66 > J.2B~AC. However, the timing that you do the J.2B after the airdash changes your speed and your descent arc, so unless you have done it a lot, simply throwing it out there may sometimes land you right in front of a kanji's face (which is no place for a happy Yosuke.) I would say that it is something you should take time to master though, because it is a really powerful skill.

ah ok I see thanks because I was wondering how nise pachi and fin were airdashing the way they were.

Some very basic questions:

Currently I'm just doing 5A , 2A, or a jump-in to start this string

5C 2C 236B, j. 236A, j.236A, j.236D

What's a good place to start with a combo off the counter-trip (BD)?

What's a good 2C fatal counter combo to start with?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqG3eVM8zJ4&feature=youtu.be

I'm pulling everything I try out of this video it's just really dense. Wondering if anybody else has figured out simple BnBs yet...

I'm not 100 percent sure but i've only been able to get a combo off of BD if I anti air the opponent. I think the reason it works on akihiko in that vid is invincibility preventing aki from getting tripped immediately. But I've been doing BD antiair,2A,2B,2C,j.BB,j.2B,j.BB,j.2b,j.236D.

As for 2C fatal there are way better combos but to start 2C,5C,236B,j.236A,j.2C,2A,2B,2C,j.BB,j.2B,j.BB,j2B,j.236D is a nice combo to start and get you used to picking up after mirage slash.

After that 2C,5C,236B,j.236A,late A followup,j.2C,2A,2B,2C,j.BB,j.2B,j.BB,j2B,j.236D gets you used to doing late crescent slashes for more damage. You can get alot more damage to get off mirage slash loops but those are good for just starting out and learning them.

Hope I helped :)

After that 2C,5C,236B,late A followup,j.2C,2A,2B,2C,j.BB,j.2B,j.BB,j2B,j.236D gets you used to doing late crescent slashes for more damage. You can get alot more damage to get off mirage slash loops but those are good for just starting out and learning them.

so you're saying you can do

5A, 5C, 2C , 236B , late A followup, j.2C,2A,2B,2C, j.BB, j.2B, j.BB, j2B, j.236D

without a fatal counter as well?

You guys are forgetting moonsault input in your combos. I've had a bunch of his combos on the wiki for days if you need some ideas.

Oh yeah my bad lol it just feels natural to always moonsault I just forget about them lol and no if your gonna pick up after j.2c it has to be fatal and you cant get late A into j.2c without fatal

oh sorry again but is it easier to plink the down B and the air turn? or is that not possible?

Hey everyone. I picked up P4A yesterday. I tried out all of the characters and Brosuke seems like the character for me. I am new to anime fighters, so the feeling of this game is a little off. I neep help with two things right now:

When you go into Moonsault into Crescent Slash, is it best to double tap A or delay it?

I also am having trouble with 236236D after 236D. I tried to super cancel like in SF or KOF, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. What is the timing?

Thanks for your help!

Hey everyone. I picked up P4A yesterday. I tried out all of the characters and Brosuke seems like the character for me. I am new to anime fighters, so the feeling of this game is a little off. I neep help with two things right now:

When you go into Moonsault into Crescent Slash, is it best to double tap A or delay it?

I also am having trouble with 236236D after 236D. I tried to super cancel like in SF or KOF, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. What is the timing?

Thanks for your help!

For Crescent Slash following Moonsault, you shouldn't delay it. Actually, it may be a bad habit, but after I do Moonsault, I just keep pressing A until I confirm the hit, then just do the motion for the next Moonsault, and keep it going. Still, you shouldn't delay it, you want to throw it as soon as possible so the enemy won't escape.

After 236D, you want to do the Super the instant Jiraiya exhales (do the motion just before, and hit D the instant he woudl deflate). Just look for Jiraiya's cue, and it becomes really easy to time. You only have a split second even if you time it correctly, to combo into the Super. It would be easier if you use 236C, because it doesn't push the opponent very far.

Hey guys I'm playing Yosuke as well. I played Anji in GG but didn't like BB so I've been waiting for arc systems to make a new fighter. Yosuke is lots of fun

I'm having a bit of a hard time getting the 2A continuation after j.2C in the corner off AoA FC.

AoA FC corner bounce > 5C > 236B > j.2C > 2A

I seem to get it more or less consistently off a 2C FC starter but with the AoA. Is there a timing difference here for any of the inputs or is it just tighter?

Thanks for your help!

Hey man! It's actually easier than you think, you don't even have to mash it out. Once you moonsault, push A and see if the animation has already teched or not. If you think you're hitting it too late, push it slightly faster than what you just did. If you ask me, I'm able to delay my A during moonsault because it's really easy(really, it just takes 10 minutes to practice).

For the 236236D after 236D, it matters on the distance, even if you do successfuly confirm super once your persona blows, you won't be able to hit with your super. New players tend to think it's going to hit anyways so they don't block, but in fact if they're further away, it's blockable. As a continuuation of Claxus, you can buffer the 236236 and then finaly hit D once the animation is set.

It's just tighter imo

If that's the case, it's gonna be a real pain to get it consistently on netplay at least.

Also, have you guys worked around some good oki options and approach strategies?

5DD > 5C > 2C stuff is pretty good for oki as long as you're in there too to keep them locked down for awhile. It's no Yu 5D but you can do some interesting things off of that, plus if the 5DD whiffs, you can continue 5C > 2C for a pincer attack.

Oddly enough, overall my biggest problem with Yosuke isn't his low HP but the fact that most of his combo paths end up in scenarios where you more or less lose pressure opportunity after combo and have to start the neutral game all over again. Is this something you just have to deal with playing as him or am I missing some obvious combination of good damage + advantage at the end combos?

^What I do. dash 5a dash 5a dash... 5a lmao

Is it just me or ending the combo with super leaves you a little negative regardless of how high you go? or am i using the wrong version(236236C)?

If that's the case, it's gonna be a real pain to get it consistently on netplay at least.

Also, have you guys worked around some good oki options and approach strategies?

5DD > 5C > 2C stuff is pretty good for oki as long as you're in there too to keep them locked down for awhile. It's no Yu 5D but you can do some interesting things off of that, plus if the 5DD whiffs, you can continue 5C > 2C for a pincer attack.

Oddly enough, overall my biggest problem with Yosuke isn't his low HP but the fact that most of his combo paths end up in scenarios where you more or less lose pressure opportunity after combo and have to start the neutral game all over again. Is this something you just have to deal with playing as him or am I missing some obvious combination of good damage + advantage at the end combos?

Super jump airdash fast fall j.A is pretty good approach. He's supposed to have no oki though, it's like Tao.

^What I do. dash 5a dash 5a dash... 5a lmao

Is it just me or ending the combo with super leaves you a little negative regardless of how high you go? or am i using the wrong version(236236C)?

You need to go under them and move it back and forth a little, get them to the top of the tornado so that they fall with you and you can't get punished. I've been punished for using it in a combo, it's because I wasn't controlling it properly.

I'm having a bit of a hard time getting the 2A continuation after j.2C in the corner off AoA FC.

AoA FC corner bounce > 5C > 236B > j.2C > 2A

I seem to get it more or less consistently off a 2C FC starter but with the AoA. Is there a timing difference here for any of the inputs or is it just tighter?

Following up on my own inquiry, I've noticed that if you actually delay the j.2C after 236B hit, the 2A continuation is much easier to land.

As for the oki question, I suppose that makes sense.

What do you guys like to do after 236D ender and they're teching in the air? Just meet them in the air with j.a/j.b?

You need to go under them and move it back and forth a little, get them to the top of the tornado so that they fall with you and you can't get punished. I've been punished for using it in a combo, it's because I wasn't controlling it properly.

Oh they need to be on top of the nado? gotcha.