Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

I don't know how well known this is, but apparently Yosuke's Moonsault has a completely invincible start up.

I don't know how well known this is, but apparently Yosuke's Moonsault has a completely invincible start up.

I will have to try this out. Seems like it could be a good way to bait DPs for FC combos?

It's a small portion, but yes it seems to.

@Ninjay, no it's not quite -that- useful. DP's like The Big Square will still eat him up.

...if the dash is blocked and you plan on moonsaulting over to cross up, you can get air-grabbed mid-sault. you can also get DP'd. Against Yu and Mitsuru, i usually opt to moonsault if i find my dash blocked for some reason to avoid the DP. A knowledgeable player may know to air grab. Against Kanji, I do a backwards moonsault and kunai to get safe.

Frenchies are Waiting for our jap version, sory our europe version! (the same!) we don't now when...arc sys...everything is possible with you!

Thanks to my xbox JTAG i love this yosuke!

...if the dash is blocked and you plan on moonsaulting over to cross up, you can get air-grabbed mid-sault. you can also get DP'd. Against Yu and Mitsuru, i usually opt to moonsault if i find my dash blocked for some reason to avoid the DP. A knowledgeable player may know to air grab. Against Kanji, I do a backwards moonsault and kunai to get safe.

If Yu is pressing DP as soon as possible, it will whiff since you'll still be on the other side when he's pressing the buttons. You'll travel over him.

Same thing if he waits and you Moonsault back over. Yu can't DP you reliably.

Btw, backwards Moonsault into kunai (or kunai in general) is not safe if the opponent rolls.

except... you can punish the roll if you delay your kunai

Is there a video showing off what gliding is and how it works yet?

If not, I'll make a small section for that in that video I'm making that's almost done.

Not if they roll on reaction.

Then there's no reason to backwards moonsault into kunai... The only time to kunai in that situation is if they're going at you regardless. Also if they roll at you while you do backwards moonsault, you can punish it with a moonsault followup.

Then there's no reason to backwards moonsault into kunai... The only time to kunai in that situation is if they're going at you regardless. Also if they roll at you while you do backwards moonsault, you can punish it with a moonsault followup.

That's what I'm trying to say. If your opponent is smart, you should almost never be doing backwards moonsault into kunai.

Once you learn how to glide consistently this character really opens up. It's amazing how much stronger he becomes with one technique.

Is gliding THAT awesome?

Got a video to see its effects?

meet

P4A: Yosuke Hanamura Exhibition Vol 1.

Just verified that my eyes weren't playing tricks on me with a turbo controller.

In addition to all the other benefits Sukukaja grants, Yosuke's attacks animations are definitely faster like I thought. I have no idea how this interacts with active frames, I only know this fact for now. It's probably a percentage increase and i'll figure it out soon enough, unless someone beats me to it. Figured i'd post here to spread the word.

The following moves appear changed to the naked eye: 5A, 2A, 2B, AoA sorta, A Dash Spring is now 90% screen and faster, B Dash Spring is now full screen, EX Dash Spring now hella fast, Moonsault just travel distance cause of speed increase

Also, in Sukukaja, you can cancel j.c into 236A/B and 236C/D. You can combo transform ripper into 236C.

The former you can do without Sukukaja.

The latter is on the wiki and I find hella useful since I love Mirage Slash.

I'm pretty sure he meant j.2C, and transform ripper comboing into 236C is not on the wiki.

Whether he meant j.2C or not it can still be done without Sukukaja.

My bad on saying it was on the wiki. I thought I had read it there the other day. It's in one of the threads, here, then, and should be transferred to the wiki soon to prevent me from looking like a jerk the next time someone brings it up, haha.