Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

Yeah, my Yosuke playing and observing is making me call him "Guess The Gimmick: The Character."

Or maybe thats just all me.

so... anyone want to help with teh wiki? i noticed that the fast fall/gliding technique isn't mentioned in there (and that's pretty darn important).

SHOULDA MADE ME MOD BRO

Yeah, my Yosuke playing and observing is making me call him "Guess The Gimmick: The Character."

Or maybe thats just all me.

He'd be a gimmick character if he didn't have a overall solid game and he certainly does.

His movement is the best in the game and his normals are well above average. When you're working with a solid foundation like that, the gimmicks are nothing more than sprinkles and cherry on top.

And what delicious sprinkles and cherry they are...

He'd be a gimmick character if he didn't have a overall solid game and he certainly does.

His movement is the best in the game and his normals are well above average. When you're working with a solid foundation like that, the gimmicks are nothing more than sprinkles and cherry on top.

And what delicious sprinkles and cherry they are...

True, but doesn't stop the fact he's got that delicious gimmick buffet to sample.

SHOULDA MADE ME MOD BRO

Yeah, because only mods can edit the wiki, AMIRITE?

Help with block strings in normal mode? The players around me, they pay a lot of attention to my patterns on block and punish if I Tenta, or get away if I end it with 2C. Of course the obvious answer is switch it up, but I'm open for brainstorming.

So far I have

"blah" 5C delay 2C but this either gets blocked or Jiraiya gets popped by an option select jab.

"blah blah" 5C, 2C, Tentarafoo

"blah" 5C, 2C, A or B dash spring. B sometimes catches raw of they do something to counter Tenta.

"blah" 5C Tenta. Sometimes this works if they sleep until they see 2C.

"blah" 5C 2C 5D or 5C 2C 5D

5B Tenta usually catches the opponent sleeping.

2B jump cancel > mixup is fun.

Feel free to tell me how I'm doing it wrong.

I've begun using 5C as a general poke because of its range so Yosuke is far away from danger. Using 5A or 5B is scary against people with good spacing. Whiff on a backdash sucks.

Try blah blah 5C 2C IAD air grab if you see them jumping a lot.

It's shocking how often I get people with that. Also, I've noticed people playing more reckless when I get them poisoned since they want to stop that HP from ticking away which is something to keep in mind.

5C > 2C delay is legit and will catch people trying to jump out and will FC any button pressing if you time it correctly.

Using 5C as a poke is actually very good, especially in match ups where they have very poor options at that mid-range footsies(Kanji, Akihiko, etc).

5b is plus on block so use that to end strings dash in 5a or 2a into more blockstrings or tick throw.

The people I play with know very well it's plus on block, they just absolutely don't care. I'll 5A 5B dash do it again, but of I mess up, I get counterhit by some 2A. The only tick throws I get are off of 5A.

I'll keep 2C iAd in mind for people.

Yosuke has so many options sometimes I feel I need to write them down in my phone under different categories and reference them between rounds.

Dude I've always loved 5C. I've dubbed it "The Boot". And it works wonders.

If they are disrespecting then frametrap. You want them to try to disrespect something safe. punish them for trying to mash out of your strings

The people I play with know very well it's plus on block, they just absolutely don't care.

THEN GET FREE DAMAGE WITH A LINK OR A CHAIN UNTIL THEY CARE

I've always loved 5c. Awesome normal and looks pretty damn cool too.

After all what's better than seeing a disco ninja frog boot you across the stage while his user is posing and grinning like a goofball?

If your playing against Naoto you should really be saving your bursts for that and/or the SMP, so it isn't as much of a problem.

Teddie seems like he could be difficult, but generally Yosuke can deal with a lot of silly stuff that other characters have.

Note that Teddie's DP doesn't have many active frames but is hard to bait in the way that it'll land even if you crossed him over.

But due to the poor active frames, you can bait it simply by using moves that take longer to come out instead of of our usual normals like j.C instead of j.B and 2C instead of 5A.

Bad matchups for Yosuke imfcaio (in my fucking correct and infallible opinion)

Titsuru: [6]4 da bess. Moonsault gets DP because the bitch draws a circle with a square hitbox. You have bad health and she does great damage, usually into ice mirror oki. J.A makes moving around, even karafastfalling, a fucking bitch. If you manage to get in, you have faster normals and can keep the pressure going, but getting there can be hard, and if you complete a moonsault or airchain combo without a garudyne ender, you're pretty much back at neutral, which kinda sucks. On the plus side, if you block a dp you get to 2c fatal her and make her stupid fucking face pay, making it a bit scary for them to try to dp too much. THOUGHT SHE MAY BUFULA YOU IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL. Or you might be too scared to punish because of it. Bad times.

Teddie: Teddie buttons can make Yosuke hella sad, especially if you have to go in on him. If you have the life lead, try playing a keepaway game. 5B has crazy range and I'm pretty sure it's dash cancellable on block. J.A for teddie da bess. Teddie's dp means you can't do any sort of sweep> 5DD oki, because even if you block it, once activated you can't punish him for activating his dp. All in all not a terrible matchup, but it feels like it's sort of in Teddies favor. If he sweeps and you block you can DP the fish and trip his stupid fucking ass. TK Missile is strong though. And stupid.

Aigis: J.C makes it really hard to move around, and moonsault can get 2B'd, but you can cancel in j.2C to catch the 2B and get a nice CH confirm. Honestly, your best option in this matchup is to mostly stay on the ground in neutral, especially if she has orgia activated, because j.A and j.C will fuck you up and she moves way too fast, even for you. She also does pretty good damage off of most hits. It's not terrible, but I feel this is slightly in her favor too. At least it's a bit harder than most. Like most characters, she can auto-bait your dp with a crossup to active it, and then make you fucking pay. Also, judging by what Xie was trying to do to me, it seems she can activate then IK your DP. Take that, scumbag Yosuke players.

Naoto: Traps make it hard to get in, and then once you do, you're in blockstun from the fucking trap. EX dash doesn't have projectile invincibility after it hits, so if she surrounds herself with traps and you try running in like a dumbfuck, you will give her one of, if not, her best combo starters. If she has 50 meter, you have quite literally killed yourself. TRUST ME, I KNOW. If she has the life lead and plays a keepaway game, you take a bunch of chip damage, and then if she touches you once you lose all that health. Supposedly, your neutral is better, but it seems to me like Naoto's whole gameplan is to not let most characters play their neutral. So if you're allowed to do whatever you want at neutral, then the Naoto sucks. She also autobaits your DP, and with 50 meter she hits you into an SMP loop, which usually means that you have died and are now watching your life flash before your eyes. The only, and I mean only times to burst are

1) To kill her

2) To not be killed

Don't try to be cute and OMB some stupid shit you landed for like 400 more damage, or wakeup gold burst or burst some shitty combo she did off of a bad starter.

But what do I know. I don't netplay.

So I learned something new at a tournament. Yosuke's trip is not unblockable. Someone airdashed into me, I DP'd a persona hit, and my opponent instant blocked. Luckily I didn't get punished for it like I feel I should have, but I'm sure we all knew this, it's just never come up.

Was messing around in training mode, this evening. If you moonsault on top of someone, as in Yosuke is overlapping his opponent completely, Crescent slash(looks like it's almost on the other side) can be blocked in either direction as long as they stand up, unless i'm really bad at pushing a stick in a direction with my foot. Profound sadness at no ambiguous crescent slash.

...I always seem interested in playing characters I usually hate. ._.

Tried out Yosuke this morning when I couldn't sleep and for a day one person, I didn't do too bad. I actually like his gameplay and he's kinda fun. I hated fighting him before too.

...I always seem interested in playing characters I usually hate. ._.

Tried out Yosuke this morning when I couldn't sleep and for a day one person, I didn't do too bad. I actually like his gameplay and he's kinda fun. I hated fighting him before too.

Yosuke is really fun to play. He's very mobile, has some good tools, a really lulzy Furious Action, and doesn't have to respect much in the game. He also has a lot of potential in how he can be played between different individuals.

That feeling when you hit confirm into Dash Spring B but there isnt enough hitstun for Moonsault.

Why ASW? Do you just want us to mash our best BnBs and hope they work?