Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

Yosuke's frame data is up on his wiki character page. Anything in [ ] is during Sukukaja. Enjoy.

I'm so glad I past that after the first 2 days. I was like "Did netplay mess up baby's first combo?"

Nope. Just me trying add both 5C and 2C after too many As. I usually just stop at 5C now if I know there was too many normals at the beginning.

I also have that habit, I need to get used to C>236B. Also, More people need to use Yosuke's 5D Oki. It's not as good as Narukami's,but it's pretty good.

Gimmick you can use if a corner AOA/2C fatal won't kill. End the combo with tentarafoo OMC>AOA> delay the rush. You don't want the rush to combo. It is an attempt to catch the opponent blocking the wrong way. If they block it you are left at +5. If it hits you can do AOA rush~D delay 2B/5C>236B>j.2C>2A>2C>delay 5C>IAD j.C>2C>5C<5AAA>j.236B~A>j.236236C for 6.9K.

Speaking of Tentarafoo, depending on how quickly you re-opened your opponent after a successful one, a 236B combo can be dropped at the first or second Crescent Slash and they'll still be confused and almost coming out of it to create a very difficult to block situation. First they have to realize that yeah, they are indeed still afflicted by a status effect, then they have to be watching for when it goes off because that is the moment that, if they blocked your assault, you will delay your attack to get them out of blockstun and cross them up without even having to move.

Speaking of Tentarafoo, depending on how quickly you re-opened your opponent after a successful one, a 236B combo can be dropped at the first or second Crescent Slash and they'll still be confused and almost coming out of it to create a very difficult to block situation. First they have to realize that yeah, they are indeed still afflicted by a status effect, then they have to be watching for when it goes off because that is the moment that, if they blocked your assault, you will delay your attack to get them out of blockstun and cross them up without even having to move.
I have a reset I'm working on that involves setting up that situation except I use meter for it. OMC tentarafoo and do 5D forcing them to block or take another combo. The idea is to use 5D and its followup to waste enough frames so that confusion will end near the end of your blockstring.

Catching Confused opponents with Brave Blade is always funny, since alot of people usually mash DP when hit by Tentrafoo in the hopes of getting a lucky hit to break the ailment.

Of course you can always get that delicious 2C Fatal Counter if you wanna be safer

I wanna thank whoever put the frame data on the wiki. I missed the release and it's very helpful.

I'm glad everybody is very busy and hard at work looking for and experimenting in the lab to find all the Yosuke tech and combos for the forum.

..............................................................right?

I'm glad everybody is very busy and hard at work looking for and experimenting in the lab to find all the Yosuke tech and combos for the forum.

..............................................................right?

I am, at least. I'm working on mid-combo Sukukaja transforms and only have one so far. Wanted to figure out a couple more before I contributed, but since you called me out.... D=

236A~A, j.2C, 214214C, 2A, 5C, 236B, 236A~A(x3), 236D/j.2B~44/236236C Deals 3848/3751/4514, uses 50%/50%/100%, regains 13%

I need a practical OMB combo. Doing it off of j.2C is too scary for me. You have to KNOW it'll hit, because you have to burst at the moment of impact, you can't check to confirm or anything.

Ehhh...unless its absolutely going to finish them, I could never find it in me to do a combo with OMB ever. I'm not really feeling those combos what with Yosuke's health and well being at risk. Plus, getting Sukukaja(and getting them off me) just seems more worth it than a burst combo most of the time.

Ehhh...unless its absolutely going to finish them, I could never find it in me to do a combo with OMB ever. I'm not really feeling those combos what with Yosuke's health and well being at risk. Plus, getting Sukukaja(and getting them off me) just seems more worth it than a burst combo most of the time.

Ditto. The only reason i'd use one is if it'd kill and the combo i'm currently doing won't finish the job. I don't want to have to deal with another SMP loop setup from Naoto or something like that so I want next match -now-. THe hard part is finding one that both isn't risky and leads into significant burst-worthy damage.

You could probably do j.236A~A>j.2C>214214C>2B/2C>etc.

Ah, you can! Thanks. 2C causes the character to go too high whether you follow it up with 5C or not where they can tech higher up which busts the combo and forces you to do a difficult 5AAA that won't work have the time cause of traction, or 5B > Air combo.

2B is perfect in keeping the proration down and yields 3977 with D Kunai ender or 4643 with Garudyne ender. The only thing is, is it weirds out the Suku transition. You have to be closer when you cancel into Suku or 2B will actually whiff. So just delay the super cancel and it'll work.

If you use 2C just delay 236B to followup. j.236A~A>j.2C>214214C>2C>dl 236B>[j.236A~A]x2>j.2B>j.C>236C does 4K.

Oh, I get it. I was canceling into Suku too late. You have to Suku the moment j.2C hits or 2C will whiff cause of tech. Your combo does 4028 and regens 13 meter. The one I notated with 2B, 5C, B run does 3977 and regens 14 meter. The 2C one is significantly more difficult and if you miss you will get tagged, the 2B or even the 2A one don't really have that chance to miss. Neither can Garudyne after Kunai. You can j.236A~A>j.2C>214214C>2C>dl 236B>[j.236A~A]x2>j.2B>j.C>236C>236236C which does 3083 if your opponent is in awakening. It doesn't seem to work all the time and i'm doing it the fastest way possible: 236C(Kunai)~236C(Garudyne). I got it to work three times out of maybe 11 tries.

I'll speak up quicker. Discussion helps.

If you want to end with super either do j.236A~A>j.2C>214214C>2C>dl 236B>j.236A~A>j.2B>j.C>236C>236236C or j.236A~A>j.2C>214214C>2C>dl 236B>[j.236A~A]x2>j.236D>236236C. They both do 4.7K

I need a practical OMB combo. Doing it off of j.2C is too scary for me. You have to KNOW it'll hit, because you have to burst at the moment of impact, you can't check to confirm or anything.

j.236A~A j.236A~A OMB 236B [236A~A]x2 Kunai Garudyne

ezpz