Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

Well I was just about to edit my last post, but it does 2516 damage when the opponent is awakened, but yeah if you can catch em before that and it's the last round go for it.

j.236A~A j.236A~A OMB 236B [236A~A]x2 Kunai Garudyne

ezpz

THank you sir. I completely forgot I could B Run OMB's.

OMB are also worth it off of any 2C fatal hitconfirm when they don't have a burst.

No meter = 6.7K

25 meter = 7.0K (or 6.5K with tentarafoo ender)

50 meter = 7.5K

75 meter = 7.9K

100 meter = 8.1K

150 meter = 9.0K

Hard 150 meter = 9.2K

So I found a bizarre little setup that I've never seen before and probably doesn't do anything especially useful, but just in case someone smarter than me can figure something out, here's how it goes:

You do any combo that leads into sweep (like, say, 2A 5AA 5B 2AB), then 236A. Then from the resulting little bounce, you do 214C. A couple of the kunai hits miss that otherwise wouldn't because you threw them backwards, but it also causes the recoil to send you directly into their body, so while they go straight up...you fall straight down. So you're directly under them for the tech, instead of having them bounce half a screen away immediately. It seems to me like this only really leads to 2B/air throw resets, and to be honest I'm having a hard time reacting to random techs in training mode, so I don't know how I'd ever catch someone who was also late teching. In general it doesn't seem very good compared to other 236A resets/setup attempts, plus you're giving up 300-500 damage immediately, but I thought it was at least too funny to write off immediately.

If you end up tossing them high in the air (like after a AU setup 2B combo) and end with Kunai, what do you guys normally do? They're pretty high in the air and can air dash at anytime plus you still gotta deal with divekick-type moves, or any other move the opponent can use in the air to stall/change trajectory.

Is it best to do that stuff when you have meter for Garudyne and get knockdown, or is there something I'm missing?

I forgot to mention that j.236AB does have an interesting property in that it has almost no recovery if you use it without any previous moonsaults.

How + or - you are after you land depends on how high you hit them still I believe but it doesn't share the long recovery upon landing that you would with j.236A A.

Refer to the Vol 2 video in the block string part with Sukukaja mode to see what I mean in action.

Not sure if this should go here, but hi everyone! I've decided to play Yosuke in P4A after a while now. I was wondering if anyone would like to play some casuals online for some Yosuke Mirror Matches. I've already watched several things regarded his general tools/mixups/combos and I really wanted to start getting some match experience and learning how to move with him and get my hit confirms. Any willing, just go ahead and add my PSN Tag. ^^

Lol your title "God is Dead! Kami wa...Shinda!" xD

Well we are all willing to answer any questions you might have. I can't get on atm.

I fucking love Nichijou.

And it's not that I really have any questions, because I pretty much understand all of the thing Yosuke can do right now. I just kinda want to play some mirror matches so I can kinda see what I should be doing first hand and kinda just get used to how Yosuke handles. I've just started playing online yesterday for the first time for P4A, so yeah. =/

Though, if I do think of something, I'll be sure to bring it up.

I fucking love Nichijou.

And it's not that I really have any questions, because I pretty much understand all of the thing Yosuke can do right now. I just kinda want to play some mirror matches so I can kinda see what I should be doing first hand and kinda just get used to how Yosuke handles. I've just started playing online yesterday for the first time for P4A, so yeah. =/

Though, if I do think of something, I'll be sure to bring it up.

Like with everyone here, it would be good for you to check the others threads int eh Ysouke subforum, I recommend you the video thread :P

Happy Halloween, Yosukes! I'm not as actively playing as I was due to my community taking a break during the November/December months, but I have a couple tricks for you to treat yourself with that i've been using to great effect for a couple months, getting them down and getting comfortable.

So you have fifty meter, you confirmed a 5A into 5B maybe during a frame trap, your name is Milln so you'd rather blow 50 SP on a reset instead of prorated Garudyne.

5A, 5B, 5C, 2C, 236A OMC the second hit when Yosuke vaults into the air. Do it too early and you'll plop right back on the ground at a disadvantage because your opponent recovers before you do but they don't necessarily know this.

OMC at the correct point and you can do a falling j.C. If you mess it up slightly, you'll only have time for a falling j.B.

Now, from here you can A) Moonsault over and go for a reset beginning with Crescent Slash x2, Kunai, or if you get it low enough, you can Crescent Slash and pick up with 5A, 2B > Air Combo. This is dangerous and can get you 2B'd or DP'd if your opponent hates your guts.

or B) land and dash buffer 5A, 5B. The combo drops on its own from here so a 5C or something equally as startup-y won't hit. Your opponent doesn't know this if they haven't seen it before. Enter the mindgames. You can go immediately into Tentarafoo from 5B and go for the confuse while your opponent is holding down-back waiting for the combo to end in a knockdown or something. Alternatively you can 2B jump cancel and do some cross-up/fake cross up shenanigans. Another option is to stop and dash in > Throw for 800 (500~ in awakening) plus poison. Poison is actually pretty valuable when the opponent is in awakening and you're trying to create an opening to get back in. Almost 5% of total life as long as you don't get hit before it's over that you didn't have to deal with before.

Using Sukukaja as a pause button similar to how Elizabeth does is also neat. You have just a smidgen of invincible recovery though, so be mindful of 2B-ing incoming jump-ins because it's painfully obvious that head invuln doesn't start on frame 1.

That's all I have for now. I'm distracted by reading scary/spooky manga to celebrate the holiday.

Guys, what is the standard way to finish Garuydyne combos so you don't land at disadvantage? Even when I think I'm landing all the hits I end up getting blown up.

Thanks. New to game.

Make sure that they're at the top of the tornado with the last hits. You can start moving downward, even, if you're a little fearful that your placing is wrong.

Welcome aboard!

Guys, what is the standard way to finish Garuydyne combos so you don't land at disadvantage? Even when I think I'm landing all the hits I end up getting blown up.

Thanks. New to game.

if i have them in the corner i tend to start moving away from them a bit at the end of the super, not too far though. while i like a little space to do stuff i dont want to give them too much breathing room. you can do this midscreen too, but its harder to pull off without dropping them.

but yea, what Milln said, make sure they are at the top of the twister (and super make sure you dont drop them early!)

Man, I leave and the Yosuke boards die?

What the heck, man.

Well, it's 2013, so i'll be posting more with tech and discoveries that Guymam will hate.

First: Some anti-Yukiko stuff. You can Counter Assault out of it to avoid the Fire Break, or you can simply Garudyne on its startup. As Kaimon said you can EX Run, but that's a little riskier cause of its startup.

Stuff I need help with and feel it would be beneficial if we all looked:

-Max damage combo from a j.A without meter and one with OMB attached, or something moderately damaging that I can get 5DD oki on. Best I got right now is j.A, microdash 5A, 5C, 2C, 236B, 236A~A, 236A~A, D Kunai >> does 2657, 3494 with Garudyne

-More mid-combo Sukukaja transforms aside from 236A~A, j.2C, Sukukaja, 2C(or 2B, 5C) 236B, 236A~A > Ender choice.

-Can anyone beat 2556 damage on a throw OMC combo? I've got Throw > OMC Run 2C, 236B, Crescent Slashx2, D Kunai. Strictly thinking damage, here, I know you can get Sweep Oki.

-Can anyone beat 3077 damage on Tentarafoo OMC Combo? I've got Tenta > OMC Run, 5C, 2C, 236B, Crescent Slashx2, D Kunai.

-Looking for a good 5DD confirm.

-Can anyone find ANYTHING useful off of Airthrow > OMC BEFORE THE ATTACK HITS. The opponent floats a little bit and I'm curious if there's anything there.

Is horrible to see how quick people all around the world stoped playing with Yosuke, without an apparent reason, at least is good to see that some people here still use him.

I love this character, so you can count on me to keep posting. I recently got a capture device courtesy of my scene, so I might be able to start some video uploading provided it works with ps3.

i still play him when i can play, but no one is my town plays this game anymore... was big for like a month then everyone quit for umvc3... /hatemylife

j.2CD can be canceled into 5C?

http://youtu.be/8SCPn2wcGi4?t=11m41s

At 11:42? No cancel there, it's just how long the recovery is. I often use EX Mirage Slash for mixups, people have been sleeping on the move for awhile. It looks faster because videos process, typically, at 30fps so you're also missing half the move. I'll check when I get home in two hours and I'll edit this post if I find anything contrary.

Edit: Yep, there's no real cancel with 5C. The move is just fast to recover. It even has points where you're still flashing and you can do whatever you please.