Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

Let's all hold a moment of silence for Chaz. He has been consumed by League. *takes off hat, bows head*

So who's going to UFGT? This is going to be my first major, and its looking to be pretty fun. If anyone else is going, we can complain about our character in person!

So who's going to UFGT? This is going to be my first major, and its looking to be pretty fun. If anyone else is going, we can complain about our character in person!

I'll be there.

Been lurking around trying to pick up Yosuke but with very little time to play I haven't gotten around to doing much with him. Not sure if this would work with other character persona 2-part attacks, but I found some interesting tech with 5D(D) I see very little practical use aside from a air un-blockable reset. But anyways 5D > 5AB(AoA) > (D followup) > 5AB(one press). After this point one of two things happen, you either dash foward after Jiraiya sends them flying over your head and wiff the first animation of the AoA mash chain(you have time to dash and followup with a 5B/2B. Or if you option select it (IE. Gliding motions) you'll teleport to the other side of the screen ahead of them. So same results but different positioning. If it's a 5D counter hit you have all day to confirm it, if not it still works but the timing is that much more crucial. I'd include a video but I have no capture equipment, so apologies.

TechTechTechTechTechTech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fbNMwwQ3qo&feature=youtu.be (BIG THANKS TO OMECROSS FOR RECORDING BECAUSE I DONT WANNA PUT SHAKY IPHONE VIDS UP YOU DA BESS <3)

Yosuke has a fuzzy guard off tentarafoo! It’s Tentarafoo>j.2B. Pretty simple .Spin state forces the standing so you cant crouch the j.2B. Works on the entire cast (including the damn bear who usually doesn’t have to deal with this kinda thing) It’s possible midscreen from a certain range with Microdash j.2B it’s a little bit of a pain in the ass midscreen but possible. I feel where this will mostly be used is in the corner because there are reliable ways of landing tent in combos like AoA or fatals. Don’t have to dash in the corner so its not as hard either. Basically you can do j.2B j.2B kunai for yosuke damage. Add garu at the end of that for like 2.5kish. if you have OMB and 50 meter you can get like 4k with OMB combo. Kinda piddly rewards for resources but after like an AOA combo if you fuzzyd afterwards with a burst that’s like 7k off just those two. Anyway I figure since spin state forces respect people will down back and you can open them up with this.

I also think its worth noticing the bonus tech at the end of the vid btw, Tent OMC tent is unavoidable except for burst and resets your combo, so a fatal or AOA with tent ender and 100 meter or 50 meter and burst you can get a brand new forced unproated combo which is pretty cool (thanks again omex)