Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

You do realize that this Yosuke, and all of these players in general, is awful right?

The reason people dropped Yosuke is simple. His gameplan is dumb, he does inconsistently ass damage for it, his mixup isn't that good at higher levels of play, and the top tiers are just better choices for fighting overall. He has little to no oki to speak of, his combos don't branch in any way to offer some side bonus (Narukami ending his combos in sweep for oki, Mitsuru ending in B coip droit to do ex ice mirror oki). His gameplan is quite literally GOTTA GO FAST. And that doesn't cut it.

The reason people dropped Yosuke is simple. His gameplan is dumb, he does inconsistently ass damage for it, his mixup isn't that good at higher levels of play, and the top tiers are just better choices for fighting overall. He has little to no oki to speak of, his combos don't branch in any way to offer some side bonus (Narukami ending his combos in sweep for oki, Mitsuru ending in B coip droit to do ex ice mirror oki). His gameplan is quite literally GOTTA GO FAST. And that doesn't cut it.

I agree his built in mixups are weak, and there are better choices of characters, but that's why tiers exist. He's still better than Labrys and a lot of fun to play, which is good enough for me. As far as his oki, yeah, almost all of his combos end in Kunai which puts the opponent in the air, letting them get away. I don't have a problem with this and get at least one follow-up combo or air throw per match.

-Max damage combo from a j.A without meter and one with OMB attached, or something moderately damaging that I can get 5DD oki on. Best I got right now is j.A, microdash 5A, 5C, 2C, 236B, 236A~A, 236A~A, D Kunai >> does 2657, 3494 with Garudyne

-More mid-combo Sukukaja transforms aside from 236A~A, j.2C, Sukukaja, 2C(or 2B, 5C) 236B, 236A~A > Ender choice.

-Can anyone beat 2556 damage on a throw OMC combo? I've got Throw > OMC Run 2C, 236B, Crescent Slashx2, D Kunai. Strictly thinking damage, here, I know you can get Sweep Oki.

-Can anyone beat 3077 damage on Tentarafoo OMC Combo? I've got Tenta > OMC Run, 5C, 2C, 236B, Crescent Slashx2, D Kunai.

-Looking for a good 5DD confirm.

-Can anyone find ANYTHING useful off of Airthrow > OMC BEFORE THE ATTACK HITS. The opponent floats a little bit and I'm curious if there's anything there.

Still need some help here, guys.

We can get 2738 of of j.A by getting a 2nd 5A in there, still looking for just a little bit more. Anyone have a better OMB combo than 2C j.b j.b j.2b, j.b j.2b Knives?

Everyone should be ending their corner BnB's with Sweep to 5DD so you can get oki OR ending in 236B, 236A~A, 236A~A and dropping the combo and baiting their tech.

I know Pssych is doing some j.C research, i'm working on some top secret mixup stuff, what's everyone else up to?

jC has to be my favorite normal, it's sooooo useful in some situations / matchups

jC has to be my favorite normal, it's sooooo useful in some situations / matchups

Could you explain it to us? The more useful stuff, the better.

Edit: for everyone: Is there a way to end a combo with j.2C?

Could you explain it to us? The more useful stuff, the better.

I am also curious.

j.2C as a combo ender seems like it should be plausible.... right?

Also I am a yosuke player that decided I want to have friends.

EDIT: On second thought no it doesn't seem plausible at all.

Uh, possibly... but j.2C take a pretty long time to come out, i'll tinker around with it tomorrow.

Welcome, Nagorb! The more Yosukes the better!

The only way to combo into j.2c outside of FC is crossuo low to the ground moonsaults.

What's your highest damage combo. I'm at 9.3k (9.1k practical.)

How do you convert 5AA into a full B tackle combo using an rc midscreen?

What is beneficial about.corner tentarafoo oki?

Answer the questions scrubs.

The only way to combo into j.2c outside of FC is crossuo low to the ground moonsaults.

What's your highest damage combo. I'm at 9.3k (9.1k practical.)

How do you convert 5AA into a full B tackle combo using an rc midscreen?

What is beneficial about.corner tentarafoo oki?

Answer the questions scrubs.

You can get it to to connect from a 5A, 5C, 2C, B Run, very delayed EX Moonsault, j.2C but it's tricky, does 2587. I can't connect it off of B Run, 236A~A or can't find the timing or what. Maybe delay the Moonsault instead of the slash.

It doesn't have to be a low to the ground(unless you're talking about the opponent is standing on the floor low to the ground, then yeah), crossup moonsault. If you're low to the ground and it's raw, you can combo off of it with 5A > air combo which is more beneficial for your meter gain, so you'd do that instead for 600 more damage and 8 more meter than Moonsault > Mirage Slash would give you. If you're too low to the ground, Mirage Slash will actually whiff.

My highest damage combo is the swag suku 5c, 2c back dash loop. It does like 8 something, I dunno.

It's off of crouching. It's j.A, microdash 5AA, 5C, 2C, B Run, Moonsaults, Knives. No need for an RC. Edit: Oh, I just realized you were asking a question instead of making a typo. You can use the OMC Run mechanic of holding a direction on the ground when you One More and you'll dash with no startup. You can get it a myriad of ways through that. It's how you get Tentarafoo OMC and Throw OMC combos.

Corner Tentarafoo Oki is beneficial because they're confused. That's the shtick. Screwing up their directions.

I'll hold off on being called a scrub, though I won't fault you for it. You seem like an abrasive guy on the internet.

You can get it to to connect from a 5A, 5C, 2C, B Run, very delayed EX Moonsault, j.2C but it's tricky, does 2587. I can't connect it off of B Run, 236A~A or can't find the timing or what. Maybe delay the Moonsault instead of the slash.

It doesn't have to be a low to the ground(unless you're talking about the opponent is standing on the floor low to the ground, then yeah), crossup moonsault. If you're low to the ground and it's raw, you can combo off of it with 5A > air combo which is more beneficial for your meter gain, so you'd do that instead for 600 more damage and 8 more meter than Moonsault > Mirage Slash would give you. If you're too low to the ground, Mirage Slash will actually whiff.

My highest damage combo is the swag suku 5c, 2c back dash loop. It does like 8 something, I dunno.

It's off of crouching. It's j.A, microdash 5AA, 5C, 2C, B Run, Moonsaults, Knives. No need for an RC. Edit: Oh, I just realized you were asking a question instead of making a typo. You can use the OMC Run mechanic of holding a direction on the ground when you One More and you'll dash with no startup. You can get it a myriad of ways through that. It's how you get Tentarafoo OMC and Throw OMC combos.

Corner Tentarafoo Oki is beneficial because they're confused. That's the shtick. Screwing up their directions.

I'll hold off on being called a scrub, though I won't fault you for it. You seem like an abrasive guy on the internet.

Correct answers are:

Standing 5AA confirm midscreen into full B tackle combo: Either 5AA 5C 2C 2AB rc 2C B Tackle Moonsaults Kunai or 5AA 2A (2B or 5B) 2AB rc 2C B tackle . I don't know what you thought I meant.

Scrub.

Tentarafoo in the corner also has the added bonus of being unfuckably plus. An immediate 2C afterwords is so meaty they can't even mash DP. As such, doing 2A or 5B is a 100% safe way of put them back into pressure and hitconfirming into the corner combo, on top of them being confused. You'd know this if you weren't such a

scrub.

I call scrubs scrubs.

Guymam: Your Neighborhood Internet Tough Guy

r u havin a giggle m8?

Love you guys~~~~

Correct answers are:

Standing 5AA confirm midscreen into full B tackle combo: Either 5AA 5C 2C 2AB rc 2C B Tackle Moonsaults Kunai or 5AA 2A (2B or 5B) 2AB rc 2C B tackle . I don't know what you thought I meant.

Tentarafoo in the corner also has the added bonus of being unfuckably plus. An immediate 2C afterwords is so meaty they can't even mash DP. As such, doing 2A or 5B is a 100% safe way of put them back into pressure and hitconfirming into the corner combo, on top of them being confused.

Love you guys~~~~

I thought you were talking about the j.A stuff at first and glanced at your post when it was late, so I thought it read "without using an RC" at first, asking how I could put 5AA in there, but then I realized you were asking something different; leading to the simplest way I could possibly answer your question.

Tentarafoo is plus in general, that's not a benefit of being in the corner. The real benefit is that in the corner you happen to be right next to them, cutting out the necessity of movement. I figured being advantageous (anywhere) was common knowledge as well and didn't know what you were trying to get at because you were being vague and aggressive, like you often are.

Correct answers are:

Scrub.

Tentarafoo in the corner also has the added bonus of being unfuckably plus. An immediate 2C afterwords is so meaty they can't even mash DP. As such, doing 2A or 5B is a 100% safe way of put them back into pressure and hitconfirming into the corner combo, on top of them being confused. You'd know this if you weren't such a

scrub.

I call scrubs scrubs.

r u havin a giggle m8?

Love you guys~~~~

I didn't know you were quizzing us. I thought you were just very rudely asking for ideas.

That being said, I never really tried experimenting much farther away from the standard FC 2C combo so only 6.1k. I'd be curious to know how you got to 9.1k.

The 5AA conversion is pretty cool. For the tentarafoo corner oki, do you mean as a combo ender from a fatal counter corner AoA? I wouldn't mind seeing a video of what you meant.

Combosmithing tonight: Here's what I found.

Pretty much any time you can do EX Moonsault, you can get j.2C provided it was delayed enough. It's tricky to get down and in my opinion, not worth chancing the drop and wasting the meter.

Any time you get a 5C on a midair opponent, you get an EX Run if you caught them low enough. You use it in FC combos, but it probably doesn't come up in your head to use it outside of it. Therefore, midscreen counterhit 2B has three paths since they can't tech till they hit the ground:

CH 2B, wait, 2C, air combo does 2277 and gains 17 meter.

CH 2B, wait, 5C, 236AB, j.236A~A, j.236A~A, j.236D does 2841, uses 25 and gains back 7.

CH 2B, wait, 2C, 236B, j.236A~A, j.236A~A, j.236D does 2878, gains 21.

If you're in the corner, you can nix the EX and do a regular B run for 100 less damage.

Yosuke's hop is balls. You can barely combo off of it, and to do so you need to delay your j.B or j.AA so much that the opponent realizes to block high. If it weren't for the recovery, it'd be great. You can still Moonsault, though so you can at least attempt a left/right.

Raw low crescent slash can go into j.2C for 2055 or

236A~A, 5A, 2B, Air combo for 2637 and 20 meter or

236A~A, 5A, 5C, 236AB, j.236A~A, j.236A~A, j.236D for 3180 to use 25, gain back 11

5AAA, EX Moonsault (1631) works in the corner, especially since 5AAA gives you 23 meter on its own. Combos off of it are pointless because you could've just 236B'd, BUT it does give you an interesting forward/back/up tech chase or air throw opportunity. If you have 50 meter to burn on an air throw One More Cancel combo, that's an option. Neutral tech beats this tactic.

Anyone got some optimizations? I'm not good with optimization on my own combos.

Any of my fellow Yosuke brethren attending Winter Brawl?

Not at Winter Brawl, but I'll be at Final Round, and at CEO in June. Looking for an April and May tournament to go to that isn't too far.

CH 2B also has midscreen 236B route.

Ah, this too. Does 2495 and gains 18. The timing is goofy for doing 2B, 236B and you have to know the timings for each height someone will be at. If we're in an optimizing mood, waiting to do a 2C, 236B is easier, and nets more damage of 2878 and gains 21 and actually does MORE damage than EX run in this situation with less meter. Thanks, i'll add it into the previous post.

Also, if you fish for 5B's vs. the air a lot, the same combos work and depending on how many hits of the CH 5B you got, and Yosuke can actually dash up and do another attack.

CH 5B, dash 5B, 2B, 2C, air combo can get as high as 2454, but it's not 100% on the 2C, so to be safe, let's omit it and get 2077 and 16 meter.

CH 5B, dash 2B, 5C, EX Run, Moonsaults, Knives, gets 3027, uses 25 gains back 7. This is amazing because 2B's troll hitbox lets you crossunder on accident and still connect with everything.

CH 5B, wait 2C, B Run, Moonsaults, Knives does 2918, gains 21. Unfortunately you can't get another attack in because they tech pretty quick after it if it's not 5C and they're too high for a B Run by then.

5C versus an airborne opponent also leads to 5DD oki. Delay it a bit or the 5D will whiff. If you DO whiff, then immediately 5DD so you can get a 5C/2C sandwich going on.

Got third in my tournament and I realize I still have a long way to go.

I notice there's been no development here for 7 days. I've got some stuff to talk about and suggest, but i'm not about to sit here and talk to myself; I can go do that in the mtng thread.

Like, seriously. Where is everyone? Mayonaka Midnight or some other forum? On Twitter?

Got third in my tournament and I realize I still have a long way to go.

I notice there's been no development here for 7 days. I've got some stuff to talk about and suggest, but i'm not about to sit here and talk to myself; I can go do that in the mtng thread.

Like, seriously. Where is everyone? Mayonaka Midnight or some other forum? On Twitter?

Looks like we're just 3 here :(

Edit: I lost my console two weeks ago, so i can't play at all.

Looks like we're just 3 here :(

Edit: I lost my console two weeks ago, so i can't play at all.

Yosuke triple triad.

Yosuke sucks. What's to develop? :3

Oh, he's not that bad. We need to start delving hardcore into some matchups.

I've been working hard with WoofX7 to make a complete matchup list. Should be done soon.

Is there a better sukukaja combo than the modified autocombo that doesn't have that crazy dash cancel that is impossible to time online?

Even when I hit the followup to the dash it doesn't seem to do much more damage than just doing the autocombo that guaranteed.

EDIT: I mean starting from 5a.

A bread and butter install combo from 5A... I guess if you want a different combo, try 5A>5B>5C>2C>236B>Moonsault stuff. Not sure if that is what you want