Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

5A > 5B > 5C > 2C > Dash Cancel (Teleport) > 5A > AA > AAA > Air 236B~B > Air 236A~A > Air 236D (That's like 2.5k)

5A > 5B > 5C > 2C > delay 236B > Air 236A~A x4 > j2B (2.9k)

Couldn't you do 236A~A>236A~A>J2B>JC>J236C? Seems like a more damage inducing ender into Garudyne

I haven't gotten to much Sukukaja stuff, yet, but it's been on my to-do list:

Damages with Garudyne are in parentheses.

Sukukaja autocombo is actually kind of okay, , doing a j.2B > air backdash after the fourth crescent slash deals 2295(3074, can't combo j.2B into Garudyne) and builds an fton of meter; 38

Modifying it a bit to 5AAA, Crescent Slash, Crescent Slash (Cause you can just keep mashing A, no need to do motions), j.2b, jump cancel j.C, D Knives does 2368(3127) and gains 38 meter so already we have a better alternative.

Pssych's 5A > 5B > 5C > 2C > delay 236B > Air 236A~A x4 > j2B does 2913(3681) and gains 27

Optimizing it for Knives Damage (j236A~A's, j.2B, jump cancel j.C, Kunai) does 2963(3800) and gains 26

Ending with j.2B is the better option if you're not killing with it cause you can j.2B > Backdash and j.D.

So if you're not comfortable with dash cancels, those are your options. However, we don't use Sukukaja mode just to do the same combos we could do in normal mode.

Something interesting is that the Moonsaults from 5AAA don't count as Moonsaults /in that direction/ so you can get funny stuff like moonsaulting twice in one direction without the use of Mirage Slash.... which leads to funny looking stuff like 5AAA, A~A, j.236A~A, EX Moonsault, EX Moonsault in the corner and it's all on the same side. (Does 2298, by the way.)

And that's all I got for now. I've been sick for the past week and i'm going back to bed.

If you avoid using Sukukaja, stop playing Yosuke.

This is true. Suku is a big deal for him, it changes and improves a lot about him. Learning how to control the speed burst and new cancellation options is important so that one can use it advantageously.

Install (SUKUKAJA) pressure is pretty ridiculous too. You get all the cross ups, dash cancels, jump cancels and everything in that type of pressure. Just keep practicing with Install and you'll get those cancels in no time.

Hey guys. No combos or shenanigans today, just information.

To clarify some things about Tentarafoo that we were talking about earlier. It's necessary to reiterate that it's plus ANYWHERE and the opponent cannot Furious Action after a successful one ANYWHERE. Midscreen, corner, whatever. They -must- block if you hit them with a C Tentarafoo. D and EX move them far enough away to that they can act, but all C Tentarafoos, even ones canceled from blockstrings reward you with advantage for your risk of using it.

From this distance (a little more than raw C Tentarafoo)

IMG_2580_zps18f8b724.jpg

On all characters it is POSSIBLE to run up 5B, but it's tight on anyone with a 9-frame or less DP such as Chie, Akihiko, or Teddie if they're mashing it. On those characters, I recommend doing 5C instead cause of it's range and if you do mis-time and they DP, it hits the persona instead of you, allowing you to recover and punish appropriately. Anything closer and you can move just a little bit and get a 5A blockstring going. Insant airdashing is too slow and will always get beat out by a DP, but if you don't think that they'll throw it out, then by all means, go ahead. This doesn't mean Tentarafoo is any less risky, i'm just driving home the point that you are rewarded no matter where you are on the screen. You always have the advantage from a successful one. If they do any normal or special, it'll get stuffed. Invincibility from supers is not tested, but I don't think it'll push through.

Best damage combo with 50 meter is Tenta > OMC Run > 5C, 2C, B Run, Crescent Slashx2, Knives. Does 3077, gains back 4 unless someone has another idea.

If you already knew this, good, this is review.

If you didn't here, you go.

I urge you all to keep playing around with Yosuke, you'll find stuff like this.

Yeah Tenta spin state is great I usually start pressure with dash 2a for the low if im in range and why not start your pressure on a good gatling? From here you can do whateva, Jump cancel glide crossups, standard 5B pressure, etc. What I found that works alot is to start pressure and do 5D. They might be so scared of confuse they block and you can use the 5DD pressure to keep them in blockstun long enough for them to be unconfused. Sneaky :)

I tend to use this risky gimmick a lot after landing Tent, implying they don't guess correctly. it adds up to about 5k damage total (including Garu). But it's highly situational (depending on how smart they are, I guess?)

It's just an option.

im a fan of the dash up tiger knee moonsault. try to use that left right mix up to my advantage.

also depending on the character you can start you moonsault far enough out that their go to reversal options will whiff.

I tend to use this risky gimmick a lot after landing Tent, implying they don't guess correctly. it adds up to about 5k damage total (including Garu). But it's highly situational (depending on how smart they are, I guess?)

It's just an option.

You know, I do the exact same thing you do, too

It's how one plays Yosuke, IMO. We don't have giant confirms, but we do have tech traps, resets, and mobility.

And trolling, don't forget the trolling :D
Oh, and getting away with shit we shouldn't too. YAY FOR YOSUKE BEING 100% SAFE ON BLOCK

I haven't forgotten about you all. I've been practicing up for Final Round. Hella shoutouts to Miller and wara for placing some good Yosuke stuff at Winter Brawl!