Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chazmobile

[P4A] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

If you're doing an air combo, try to adjust to use j.236C for the reduced landing recovery. If you want ground oki, then do sweep>DD shit.

What do you guys like to do after 236D ender and they're teching in the air? Just meet them in the air with j.a/j.b?

I usually meet with j.B and set up an air tick throw. You can actually catch them with raw Air throw as well, but it becomes obvious after a bit. If not, if I'm in awakening and have the meter, I activate Sukujaka and apply pressure/mix up that way.

Thanks for your help Claxus and Tien. I am able to get the cresent slash down without any problems now. Super cancel depends on the distance where the kunais hit, so I will not bother using that shortcut. It seems like you have plenty of time to perform the 236236, so I think I was being sloppy with my inputs.

@ThienKieuTam I just saw you play on Honzo Gonzos stream. Holy shit, your Brosuke is sick! You got stuck in the corner and got blown up by a Kanji player, but it was still awesome.

@ThienKieuTam I just saw you play on Honzo Gonzos stream. Holy shit, your Brosuke is sick! You got stuck in the corner and got blown up by a Kanji player, but it was still awesome.

Thanks man...It was lagging during that last match. That Kanji player just kept mashing.

I was wondering, what are good setups off of Yosuke's Furious Action, the Trip?

Cross-up air normal>moonsault/transform ripper mix-up is pretty good and leads into a decent reward.

Just a note, but can we please put our questions in the Q&A thread so that they will be easy to find and answer, it's there for a reason.

Edit: In terms of Yosuke oki, his kunai air ender actually provides him with a very strange sort of 'air oki' or whatever you want to call it. This is possible due Yosuke's amazing speed coupled with his set of great normals. Due to the kunai launching, this means that you are able to land and recover much before the opponent does, allowing you 'chase' their tech rather effectively. In some cases, if an opponent does not know how to tech correctly, you can continuously reset them with 2b due to its awesome hitbox and its air-unblockable property.

Regardless, it places Yosuke in a great situation to begin pressure again.

What is everybody using as their Genei-Jin BnB?

I'm trying to use the challenge mode one:

B C 2C dash B C dash B 2B air combo

but many characters drop out of that last "dash B 2B"

Anybody have something easier to use?

Also try doing 2ab>5d>JCable normal>JC>either empty jump low/jump-in/empty jump throw.

If any of these are blocked/unsuccessful you can simply hit 5dd to reset pressure. In addition, if they block the jumping attack you can cancel into Moonsault for the ambiguous overhead cross-up in the corner. Mix that in with Transform Ripper and you've got yourself a potent mix ;D

Another interesting thing to add is that Transform Ripper D is actually special cancellable in the start-up. Doing say Moonsault (blocked)> Transform Ripper D(looks like a low)>Moonsault has caught a good few people off guard if they react to the green smoke of Transform Ripper in order block the low.

That is really really cool, definitely adding that to my bag of tricks

And something I noticed in playing around with mirage slash in training just now, is that if you have an opponent all the way against the corner, if you moonsault into the corner, then mirage slash, yosuke will shoot out away from the corner, but without making contact with the opponent. If you jump, superjump, or airdash into the corner and then mirage slash, he still attacks toward the corner. Definitely a bit of an oddity, but something worth noting I guess. Only possible use I can think of off the top of my head is maaaaaaybe trying to bait an uppercut or something.

I was playing against a grab happy Kanji today and it seems Yosuke's FA works against command grabs as well as normals/specials.

I'm not sure what else it works on but it seems to have some very good application all around.

Also, continuing the point about the 5DD continuation, you can also cancel into 236C/D after 5DD or 5C > 2C and given 236C/D are unblockable on the ground, it's quite a nice little trick to get people to jump more which you can exploit to your benefit.

I was playing against a grab happy Kanji today and it seems Yosuke's FA works against command grabs as well as normals/specials.

I'm not sure what else it works on but it seems to have some very good application all around.

Yosuke's R-action activates off of everything. Unblockables, throws, persona attacks, you name it. It also has a massive active window and a huge hitbox while being fully invincible during his trip.

Basically it's really damn good.

You can special cancel all three versions of Mirage Slash out of startup, not just D.

Good to know

Anybody?

Watch the following video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqG3eVM8zJ4&feature=youtu.be

Not sure if this has any real application or not, but I just noticed that if you are close enough to your opponent in the air, you can throw kunais backwards, and some of them will still connect. For reference I found this while practicing CH j.2C > 5B > 2C > j.BB > j.2B > dj.BB > j.2B > j.236D

If anyone can figure out or knows a practical use for this, I'd like to hear it, otherwise I guess it's just combo swag status

Around 16:14 in the following vid Hayashi ends a combo with 236A-A>236A witch creates an extremely low air-tech scenario. I don't know if it's worth the damage and meter you sacrifice for it, but you can delay an ex kunai forcing them to block if they neutral forward or back tech. and take damage from the ex kunai if they choose not to tech. Up-teching will avoid it. There may be a timing where the ex kunai will catch all techs. I'm still experimenting in training mode with it. If blocked you can do glide j.A, glide land 2A, glide land Throw, etc. for mixups. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5-GVCZJ6uI&feature=player_detailpage#t=846s

5C and 2C have repeat proration in Install.

5B 2C dash 5B 5C dash 5AAA AAA 236D

Isnt it easier to do 5b>5c>2c>delayed 236B>4x[236A~A]>j2b? Also works with 5a starter (5a>5c>2c...)

Around 16:14 in the following vid Hayashi ends a combo with 236A-A>236A witch creates an extremely low air-tech scenario. I don't know if it's worth the damage and meter you sacrifice for it, but you can delay an ex kunai forcing them to block if they neutral forward or back tech. and take damage from the ex kunai if they choose not to tech. Up-teching will avoid it. There may be a timing where the ex kunai will catch all techs. I'm still experimenting in training mode with it. If blocked you can do glide j.A, glide land 2A, glide land Throw, etc. for mixups. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5-GV...ailpage#t=846s

I'm curious to see this, but your link is broken :(

New Yosuke player here :kitty: This char's so much fun to use, though I'm still trying to get used to him (and the game itself).

Any tips for a newb? :v:

Try to refrain from using non-EX Kunai unless you know they will be hit/forced to block, both the C/D versions have a large amount of landing recovery and you will eat big damage if the opponent is paying attention.

Learn to use his speed to always stay on the opponent, try to track the opponent's position if they are falling from the air as he has a plethora of incredible anti-air options to beat what they try to do. In addition, his pressure mainly consists of jabs and other normals with little recovery, so baiting R-Actions is very effective by using 1a or 4a instead of 2a or 5a. Keep in mind his meterless fatal damage is really really good anywhere on the screen.

If you ever happen to use Dash Spring on block, remember that Moonsault is in CH state throughout the move, so Moonsaulting over them will usually result in an air-thrown Yosuke, try to mix up your actions after a blocked Dash Spring.

His AoA is really quite slow and pretty easy to react to, as well as being a massive punish on block without an OMC. I try to use it sparingly in a blockstring unless i'm covered by 5dd.

Transform Ripper is a great anti-air bait seeing as Yosuke comes out even if Jiraiya gets hit, it also leads into big damage on CH.

In certain matchups (Aigis, Liz, Yukiko), EX Dash Spring is incredibly useful for getting in due to it being projectile invincible and you can deal around 2.8k on a successful hit.

Learn how to 'glide', luckily White Rob has made a very informative thread on how to execute this technique.

I'll add some more later, but these are just some things i've picked up after 3 days of playing this game.