Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[P4A] Kanji Tatsumi Gameplay Discussion "Brofisting is in!"

Main_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Discuss game play and whatever you want here.

Just keep it closely related with the character.

Hey guys. I made a tier list based on kanji's best match ups based on the vids i've seen or theorying.

http://mayonakamidnight.com/showthread.php?1185-(v1.02)-Kanji-Tatsumi-Beginner-Q-amp-A-Thread-quot-I-ain-t-gonna-fall-behind!-quot&p=43259&viewfull=1#post43259

For those who have been following Kanji's videos, I want your thoughts. Thank you. :3

He seems like a capable Kanji.

I'm a little sad FAB couldn't get in.

Yes you are.

We are gonna surround you and pound you in all your places until you submit to our manliness.

Then you can join us in spreading the word and poundings.

Had to pick up this character since he's consider low tier..but if hes really low tier than hes going to be easy to learn. good thing i play birdie from street fighter who kind of similar.

to me only Yukiko is the worst match up i've played. other keep away i just IB them to build meter and play like a trap charater. I don't really see the low teirness in him

This is still week one, give us a few months and we can hate ourselves then.

Hey Axis, in the practical combo video for Kanji, is that an RC burst he's doing when they fly up in the air? Also, that combo video doesn't seem very practical... maybe the damage is but the situations where you'd get most of the starters with that many resources doesn't seem too practical... early on its okay but then it gets a bit ridiculous. lol

Hey Axis, in the practical combo video for Kanji, is that an RC burst he's doing when they fly up in the air? Also, that combo video doesn't seem very practical... maybe the damage is but the situations where you'd get most of the starters with that many resources doesn't seem too practical... early on its okay but then it gets a bit ridiculous. lol

Yes Lich. It is the "One More Burst" that makes them fly in the air. Some of those combos do seem very hard to get, but I think that Kanji is a character that doesn't burn a lot of meter except for supers so it does seem that he could get those kinds of combos. Feel free to burn me if i'm wrong. :)

Yep it's a RC burst when they go in the air.

5C, 2C, and J.C are practical, just having the burst, meter, and position are the problems.

214C ~6-7f

214D ~24-25f

214CD ~2-3f

214214C less than 3f from superflash

I have a question on Kanji's neutral game: I notice in videos that frequently, if Kanji is at far distance, he'll use 2C (the hand sweeping move) at neutral. What exactly is the point of this? It obviously can't hit at that range, so is it being used as a feint to get the opponent to do something and then you punish accordingly? Thanks for any insight anyone is able to provide!

The only Kanji I see that does that is Yamamura.

He probably does it because 2C has pretty decent range has a good amount of active frames.

But that is just an assumption I came up with myself.

Ok, thanks.

Also, something I found while testing random stuff. 236A is punishable by at least Yu's 5A if the 2nd hit is IB'd. That isn't the case with 236B or AB though, so the latter must have greater frame advantage on block. Or maybe I'm just bad, dunno, but that's what my testing so far has shown.

236B has more frame advantage.

OK played the game Mitsuru is hard.

I managed to beat my local day 1 scrub 32-0 still but the match up is misery, expect your persona to get hit if you are not careful.

Combos are harder than I thought, mostly because the lay out is different.

Game is hella fun though.

Just wondering...haven't picked up the game yet but does Kanji's command grabs have any invulnerability like Tagers? Or any armor or such? And hows his "720" as well? And how fast is his 720? :P