Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[P4A] Kanji Tatsumi Gameplay Discussion "Brofisting is in!"

His 214C is like 360B

His 214D is like 360A but much slower.

His 720 is like Tager 720 and is invulnerable on flash, kurushii tested it and found out its about 3F on flash so it beats jump startup.

Edit: Kanji's backdash sucks don't use it, use back air dash.

Just wondering...haven't picked up the game yet but does Kanji's command grabs have any invulnerability like Tagers? Or any armor or such? And hows his "720" as well? And how fast is his 720? :P

Hey Ken, I could have told you this. :(

Also. Played this game at a friends house yesterday. Was pretty fun actually and it was actually quite tough especially since he was playing elizabeth. I had the idea on how to do the combos it was just remembering the exact move i had to do as well as the timing on it.

Hey Ken, I could have told you this. :(

Also. Played this game at a friends house yesterday. Was pretty fun actually and it was actually quite tough especially since he was playing elizabeth. I had the idea on how to do the combos it was just remembering the exact move i had to do as well as the timing on it.

Are you still getting it Deadliest? I might just wait until they announce the patch release date cuz it can't deal no netplay from anywhere from 1 week to a month. How bad is kanji vs elizabeth? I heard its bad, but I wanted to know is it really like almost a 3-7 match-up

It's suppose to be really bad.

Kanji's match up's feel troublesome until you land a hit and then you just run train...or try to.

I suppose that his D attacks don't really help his approach since he can still get Persona-broken, but what about his aerial diving throw? Its range is suppose to be good enough to jump over all those lasers and fireballs. Do people just stuff with anti-airs or something?

And if those two things are useless, then how the hell is he supposed to get to the enemy?

@AXIS: That's how I feel about his bad match-ups too.

@SoWL: His D attacks can help with his approach, but if you're playing someone like Yukiko/Naoto/Elizabeth/Mitsuru/etc. they're not as effective. His aerial dives can help if your yomi is strong I guess, but you can't abuse them too much against people who know you can just duck them.

How is he supposed to get in? Patience, good spacing, and yomi. They can only backdash so much...when you get in, you better make it count.

Oh sorry Deadliest lol. Also just wondering again, does kanji have anything reliable to beat jumps? Like Tager could always just collider...well i guess it would be the persona air grab? is kanji vulnerable at anytime during that particular persona move?

Oh sorry Deadliest lol. Also just wondering again, does kanji have anything reliable to beat jumps? Like Tager could always just collider...well i guess it would be the persona air grab? is kanji vulnerable at anytime during that particular persona move?

I'm not sure what you're asking here, are you talking about a reliable AA? If so, Kanji doesn't really have one. 2B is good, but it's slow. 5A can be sometimes used as AA, but that seems to be pretty situational. If you're talking about stuff to beat jump-outs...236CD is pretty good, and so is 236D. You can also just 5A if you think they're going to jump out of your string.

Also, Tager's Collider was never really reliable on its own...

gotcha(236CD) is only good if your opponent is jumping around like an idiot, or doesn"t know how to space properly without jumping. if they get caught by it more than twice in the same round without no combo beforehand, you know it's a netplay gimmick

5A would seem like a better option from what I've played

btw mitsuru match is awful.

oh sorry aha i guess i didn't think through my question...anywho....how's IBing in this game? what's the frame advantage on it?

I know this is kind of a lame question, but what are 1 or 2 good go-to combos I should work on? I know there's a combo thread but I always get so overwhelmed at so many combos I never know what to stick with.

Thanks in advance.

oh sorry aha i guess i didn't think through my question...anywho....how's IBing in this game? what's the frame advantage on it?

pretty sure its the same as blazblue. The elizabeth matchup is dumb cause if both of you are in th air, she can just do JB and keep you out. Mitsuru is also dumb cause of her Safe pressure and long reach normals. This char has no anti-airs lol.

The netplay on xbox is pretty bad, theres frequent slowdowns, hope the patch comes soon. Combos are easy just hit confirming is the hard part

I know this is kind of a lame question, but what are 1 or 2 good go-to combos I should work on? I know there's a combo thread but I always get so overwhelmed at so many combos I never know what to stick with.

Thanks in advance.

work on his fatal combos. This is where you are mostly going to get your damage from

is it just me or can anyone else not land 5b, 2b? I know it works on crouching but does it work on standing as well? Just cuz combo page shows a lot of 5AA, 2A, 5B, 2B

is it just me or can anyone else not land 5b, 2b? I know it works on crouching but does it work on standing as well? Just cuz combo page shows a lot of 5AA, 2A, 5B, 2B

the timing is strict. you have to hit 2b once 5b connects

only crouch and fatal.

I need to list that if it's not already.

2B seems like a nice enough anti-air to me, what are your thoughts about it?

It's slow...some people also have good anti-anti-airs, so even with the lower profile, you can get smacked. Well, at least it's unblockable in the air, it also can hit people behind him.

2B is very solid and versatile, but as stated it's some sort of mindgame on its own seeing that a few characters can bait and punish it. it's rather slow too. I'd not rely too heavy on it, but it's very nice to have and use - more often then not, but not always.

I seem like one of the few who didn't play Potemkin or Tager. Oh well, should be fun to join the ranks of Arc System grapplers.

Also, has anyone else experienced the hype-ness that is a Kanji mirror? Chairs everywhere, crazy white dudes diving out of the sky left and right.

Kanji mirror is alright just duck a lot and if you jump stay higher than your opponent.

ok, so im in training and challenge mode, and lo and behold im finding it alot easier to do hammer loops ( 5C loop, which is only possible with a Fatal Counter) with a fatal 2C as opposed to a fatal j.C (challenge 26)

I don't understand the timing of the loop with a j.C starter because after 2B the opponent is too high to hit them with 5C. I looked at the demo on challenge 26 and I don't know where exactly I'm messing up... It's either the 2C that follows j.C or the height the character falls after 2.B

However I think a 236CD into a 236B works much better instead of the hammer loop.

tl:dr

hammer loops looks more practical off of a 2C rather than a j.C fatal starter

Does Kanji's 5B actually have projectile properties? It has a spawn limit like a projectile; does that mean it actually IS a projectile?

Any suggestions for dealing with Elizabeth? Having a lot of problems with her and to a lesser extent Naoto because Kanji's horizontal movement is so anemic that it's hard to get in through the pushback of Liz's beams and Naoto's gun shots(although Naoto isn't nearly as bad as Liz). Once I get in I can ruin their day but it feels like Liz can literally just spam beams and I can't move forward faster than they push me back or jump over them because of how tall they are.

I guess I could sj.214B but that's eems like an incredibly risky crapshoot.

I don't understand the timing of the loop with a j.C starter because after 2B the opponent is too high to hit them with 5C. I looked at the demo on challenge 26 and I don't know where exactly I'm messing up... It's either the 2C that follows j.C or the height the character falls after 2.B

However I think a 236CD into a 236B works much better instead of the hammer loop.

tl:dr

hammer loops looks more practical off of a 2C rather than a j.C fatal starter

You can delay the 2B after 2C a little bit so you can connect with 5C afterwards depending on the range if you do the J.C challenge mode mission. I think there actually some character specific timings for the combo but YU for challenge mode should be normal.

Any suggestions for dealing with Elizabeth? Having a lot of problems with her and to a lesser extent Naoto because Kanji's horizontal movement is so anemic that it's hard to get in through the pushback of Liz's beams and Naoto's gun shots(although Naoto isn't nearly as bad as Liz). Once I get in I can ruin their day but it feels like Liz can literally just spam beams and I can't move forward faster than they push me back or jump over them because of how tall they are.

I guess I could sj.214B but that's eems like an incredibly risky crapshoot.

Tis a shitty match-up. Get in close enough to use 5D and try to extend it as long as you can. If you're missing, end it as soon as possible before she pulls out the Persona for an attack. If you got her locked down, try to get in there. Bright-side, bitch is paper so if you get in, it shouldn't be too hard to put her down. Also helps that Thanatos takes its sweet fucking time disappearing after an attack. Match-up blows, but make the best of it and block like a maniac.

I really got nothing for Naoto besides short hops and j.214SB's. The strategy with Elizabeth doesn't work too well because she'll fill your Persona with holes and kill it quick. Someone else should give advice on it.