Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[P4A] Kanji Tatsumi Gameplay Discussion "Brofisting is in!"

well he is mod and seems to be active, so if he would be willing to do, could update the first posts if valuable information shows up ^^

Yeah he'll be able to edit the OPs along with me, so that's two lazy motherfuckers in charge. They're all up now, complete with clever subtitles [but no information because I suck].

Yeah he'll be able to edit the OPs along with me, so that's two lazy motherfuckers in charge. They're all up now, complete with clever subtitles [but no information because I suck].

good job. tho labrys needs one too! "Lets see who does more damage" or something x)

now go forth everyone and spread out your information dealing with elizabeth!

hey guys do you sometimes have problems hitting JC fatal counter on some of the smaller characters. When i fought Labrys, I usually have a hard time getting JC to hit unless they are really close or when im descending from the air

Well considering that j.C doesn't go down much farther than you are when you start the attack, it's no surprise they have to be close and you have to be low to the ground...

Thanks Circ for opening the match up's, I'll post some stuff right now before I sleep since I am in a talkative mood.

I'm finding that tiger kneeing j214 for oki is far more reliable than attempting to use the persona anti air one. It catches all angles of jumps and back dashes far more reliably. Can even react and use it on empty jumps and such.

Hm? I was under the impression that you couldn't backdash on wakeup? If you're trying to catch jumpouts, wouldn't 5AA be a much safer alternative?

You can't backdash out on wake up, its a system mechanic.

5A>2A works at hitting people trying to jump out too.

Dunno about the super armor, but I am pretty sure that the B version of cruel attack is + on block. At least it played out that way when I tested it a bit in training. Has anyone else tested this and gotten different results?

Yeah there's way less riskier things but if you are feeling confident about your yomi it's far more entertaining and rewarding. I guess it's always been my play style to be overly confident in my yomi, can ask axis that.

I am questioning the armor of that move itself because I never had the armor work.

Unless its for projectile? I don't think it has armor, it just has the cancel.

I want to believe that there's a way to mix in the 214A/B cancel in there, but the damn move is just too easy to beat out with pretty much zero effort.

That move has been beat out every dash in or jump attack. It's been great for me, not sure if it's super armor. I haven't been hit out of it often if ever.

You talking about SB Cruel Attack or the grab cancel? I was referring to mixing in the grab cancel with occasional B cruel attacks in pressure situations because I don't really know where else to fit it in off of that cancel. It is a great tool to keep people honest with their zoning and jump ins though.

Talkig about the cruel attack but the ex version of j214 is amazing due

to auto tracking. It's like demon flip in that sense.

I just wish the EX version at least would catch duckers. :( I guess that might be TOO good though...

I just wish the EX version at least would catch duckers. :( I guess that might be TOO good though...

then how could you avoid it? :3

then how could you avoid it? :3

A lot of characters beat it out with their Anti Air/B+D move on reaction, but I understand not everyone has that luxury which is why I made the "TOO good" comment. Would be pretty damn hilarious though. :D

Hello fellow Kanji questions, I have a quick question. I am trying to figure out 5D. I've seen videos where it hits shorter than the regular range when you just do it. Can you point this move or something?