Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[P4A] Kanji Tatsumi Gameplay Discussion "Brofisting is in!"

So. I've been hit-confirming lights into Sweep OMC 2C xx DP. Now, my fundamental understand of the Arc games are terrible. Is this a bad idea or good idea? Does their ability to tech away mitigate the advantages of hit-confirm into Shock? They're up in the air for a bit. Outside of the corner, they can tech pretty far away.

If you're going to spend meter, you're better off doing a lot of damage or setting up a wakeup game (preferably both). Unless it's going to kill, I think that typically isn't a good usage of meter. What you're proposing sounds pretty gimmicky because it not only uses meter, but it's escapable too. That's just my opinion.

If you're going to spend meter, you're better off doing a lot of damage or setting up a wakeup game (preferably both). Unless it's going to kill, I think that typically isn't a good usage of meter. What you're proposing sounds pretty gimmicky because it not only uses meter, but it's escapable too. That's just my opinion.

Ah. Thank you very muchly.

Also, also. Any reason why people are rolling through my command grabs when they wake up? Am I simply botching the meaty timing?

Use 214C not 214D that will fix your problem.

Also you might be messing up the meaty.

I like using 214C+D more, its 3F so people don't expect it.

Use 214C not 214D that will fix your problem.

Also you might be messing up the meaty.

I like using 214C+D more, its 3F so people don't expect it.

I've been using C. I've probably been botching the timing. What's the startup on C, then? What's the deal with the throw or strike invulnerability on these? Does the invulnerability on D proceed up to the active frames? Will you shingle my roof for me?

C is 6F fast so it's like Tager's 360B.

D is like 30 frames or something can't remember but the invul stays on until the active frames start.

And no I will not shingle your roof I will however tell you things.

I'm having trouble with the combo:

-5AA>2A>2A+B>OMB>5C>236B>5AA>236C>236A/B *cost 1 burst* [DM: 3569]

After the 5C>236B, opponent seems to be too far for 5AA. I can do the combo fine if I start from 2A+B, but I'm not confident enough to throw out & hit confirm random sweeps :)

Also, if I omit one of the first 5A's, I can get the last 2 5AA's to hit, but then the 236C won't connect. Anyone have any tips? I think it could be timing with the OMB or the 5C. Not sure though. Anyone have a vid of this combo? A visual aid would probably help. Is this a combo worth doing? I find myself hitting the 5AA > 2A > 2A+B often enough...

The trick to that combo is to walk forward a little after the OMB.

As for whether or not it's worth it, well, that depends on the situation. It's one of your better (practical) damage options off a 5A starter and isn't meter reliant, although it does burn your burst up. It also does set up a wake up game.

EDIT: Also, the dmg output is wrong, it's supposed to be 3342. Additionally, don't let them hit too close to the ground with the 5C, otherwise the 2nd 5AA series won't combo.

The trick to that combo is to walk forward a little after the OMB.

As for whether or not it's worth it, well, that depends on the situation. It's one of your better (practical) damage options off a 5A starter and isn't meter reliant, although it does burn your burst up. It also does set up a wake up game.

EDIT: Also, the dmg output is wrong, it's supposed to be 3342. Additionally, don't let them hit too close to the ground with the 5C, otherwise the 2nd 5AA series won't combo.

Thanks for the advice. This helped me a bit. Now, I can do EVERY OTHER combo ending with OMB > 5C > 236B > ... > 236C except this one. :(

The opponent just seems to be out of range/able to tech too soon for the 236C to hit after the 5AA. Maybe I just need to practice with a fresh mind tomorrow...

If they're out of range, then you didn't move far enough forward. I never had issues with them being able to tech if my 5AA was successful though, the only issues I encountered was the 2nd 5AA series yellow-beating or the 236C completely whiffing.

If it makes you feel any better, I can't do the combo consistently enough to use it in match play. If I could though, I definitely would in the right situations.

Also, what is this about frame data tables? I want to see this.

It's definitely not frame data... I'm not sure what it is, though. The damage and cancels are accurate at least. The other numbers might have something to do with proration?

What's the deal with 5B in combos? 5B 2B feels kind of random sometimes (using same timing, misses sometimes).

Also, 5B 214C is inconsistent for me too. I saw Japanese players using it for tick throw setups, but 5C comes out frequently. Is 5B cancellable? Is this a tight link? Or, is it just input shortly after 5B ends.

What's the deal with 5B in combos? 5B 2B feels kind of random sometimes (using same timing, misses sometimes).

Also, 5B 214C is inconsistent for me too. I saw Japanese players using it for tick throw setups, but 5C comes out frequently. Is 5B cancellable? Is this a tight link? Or, is it just input shortly after 5B ends.

You can't cancel into grabs, so you have to input it after 5B recovers. It's not really a tight link, but only combos on 5B counterhit. Use it as a tick-setup regardless.

The trick to 5B > 2B is that because 5B is treated as almost as a projectile in terms of animation, you can chain into 2B as soon as you input 5B. Don't wait for it to connect. It combos into 2B on counterhit and crouching opponents only.

This is getting a surprising amount of inquiries, I thought it was already nipped in the bud, but here's a quick summary:

-5B only combos into 2B when it's a CH or against crouching opponents. The CH timing is easy, so instead, I'll talk about the crouching version. Since 5B has so little hit/block stun (seriously, look at the blue bar under your damage and see how fast it goes down), in order for it to combo, you MUST cancel into 2B immediately after inputting 5B. This makes it virtually impossible to hit confirm, so you want to use 5AA-2A or something like that beforehand, or be absolutely confident that you're going to hit them crouching.

-5B 214C is actually pretty easy. What you're doing is canceling your 5B into 214C, and that doesn't work, that's why you're getting 5C come out instead. Wait half a second and then input the 214C for the tick setup.

EDIT: Oops, guy above me beat me to it.

Thank you Siefer.

I updated the damage values on some of the combos in the combo section take a looksie.

Just to quickly throw in, 5B > 2B also works in the middle of FC combos and on air opponents but the positioning is hard to set up. You'll just end up doing that in combos like something > 5C > 236B > 5/2A > 5B > 2B > something

@AXIS: Cool, I'll check them out later today.

@Koopa_Klawz: Yea, my bad, Circ did mention earlier that 5B-2B will combo against airborne opponents, but they need to be pretty close to the ground and it has to be spaced properly (i.e. incredibly impractical in a real match). I was curious about the FC thing though, and I think in those situations, they're either in a crouching state or very close to the ground (while airborne), which would fit the conditions above, and don't necessarily make FC unique situations. For example: FC 2C-5B-2B doesn't work on a standing (the 2C fatal forces stand with the little twirl animation) opponent, but FC 2C-2B-236B-2A-5B-2B does work, and it meets the airborne condition stated. If you can think of a situation that defies this though, that would be cool.

@Siefer: I tested FC 2C > 5B > 2B on standing opponents. It works. When 5B hit, she went into her standing hit pose and I was able to combo into 2B.

Fresh off a fatal 2C you should have time to do 5B > 2B, you just have to keep in mind that 2B has no hitstop and minimal hitstun. Mash that shit!