Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[P4A] Kanji Tatsumi Gameplay Discussion "Brofisting is in!"

Update: Kanji apparently has a 6-4 match up with S.Labrys in his favor.

His worst match ups are easily Chie and Teddy. (Yes Yukiko and Liz are managable.)

I think Kanji just has issues with everyone in the top tier. It's not unmanageable but it can be a huge bitch.

The fact that basically all his moves come out slower than everyone else's doesn't help much.

I think Kanji just has issues with everyone in the top tier. It's not unmanageable but it can be a huge bitch.

The fact that basically all his moves come out slower than everyone else's doesn't help much.

a 6f 5a and a 5f 214c/4f 214CD/6f 214214c/d with one of the fastest punish supers in the game (12f reversal chair super) helps a lot with that. not only that but at the expense of being 1f slower than the fast 5as his 5a has a lot more range than most people that aren't named mitsuru, though other people microdashing kind of affects that. hitbox is still great tho. it's only at range he's really slow and a 13f sweep isn't too bad tbh.

I feel like my basic approach to Kanji musy be wrong in the Yukkiko matchup is supposed to be managable. I play against one and I spend most of the match stuck blocking her persona across the screen. If I roll out of the setups I get a faceful of fan or roll into a crouch A. If I try to jump out I still get caught by the stupid amount of screen space that thing's moves take up.

My attempts to bait her DP always seem unsuccessful, if I DP and its blocked I eat a full combo and end up accross the screen again.

There just seems to be an insane amount of risk built into everyone of Kanji's buttons while other charcters have lock down and pressure for free, and better buttons.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Experimented some (super-cancel-safe) punishes for Mitsuru/Narukami blocked DPs, let me know if these are good.

vs Mitsuru:

ch 5A 5C 2B 236C 236A/B (2.37k)

pretty simple, a bit more damage output than the standard 5AA air-combo punish and has 236C ender if you want to do the safe-jump setup off of that.

vs Narukami:

(walk behind) ch 5B 5C 2B 236C 236A/B (2.6k)

(walk behind) ch 5B 214C 236A/B (2.7k)

11f punish compared to 2B's 18f, for about 1200 less damage but giving crucial time to be able to step behind Narukami within the punish window. 5B whiffs/gets invuln'd on certain timings of super cancel Ziodyne, allowing Kanji to instead set up a fatal counter punish lol. If it whiffs vs super cancel Cross Slash you should recover in time to 214C/214C+D/214214C during Narukami's recovery.