Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[P4A] Kanji Tatsumi Gameplay Discussion "Brofisting is in!"

Guys!

Guys!

I think Kanji is totally broken.

I just beat story mode using Kanji and manged to land a IK on all the fights, how else could you possibly explain that?!

Guys!

Guys!

I think Kanji is totally broken.

I just beat story mode using Kanji and manged to land a IK on all the fights, how else could you possibly explain that?!

I beat Arcade Mode on Hell with all character just by doing Max Burst>Instant Kill within a Hour

So guys I have went to the jp wiki and found a Kanji guide for new people, I have been trying to get it translated but it's a lot of stuff plus google translate sucks.

Anyone wanna try to translate it so I can edit stuff and pack it into a pdf with those combos I mentioned?

Also I am gonna change the combo thread format because I don't like it.

So guys I have went to the jp wiki and found a Kanji guide for new people, I have been trying to get it translated but it's a lot of stuff plus google translate sucks.

Anyone wanna try to translate it so I can edit stuff and pack it into a pdf with those combos I mentioned?

Also I am gonna change the combo thread format because I don't like it.

I think having the damage before the combo would look way cleaner and you have something to order them after within each category.

those are his only reliable oki options, and they aren't even that reliable :(

5D keeps the opponent in check , but it is usuallu blocked

kanji's oki game is bad

Hmm damage before the combo? I never considered that.

His D's are good for keeping them still but that's it.

Also basic oki:

214C/D>step back 5D

j.214C/D>5D

Um there is other stuff you can do to make wake up for them feel uncomfortable.

I haven't worked out my Kanji's kinks yet so I won't mention anything else.

214C/D>step back 5D

j.214C/D>5D

You mean j.214A/B right? There is no such move as j.214C/D.

Is there any benefit to doing walk back 5D v. walk forward 2D? I've been doing walk forward 2D except for the times where they are too far away (in which case I have to do walk forward 5D).

Yeah I meant j.214A/B.

I haven't found any benefits outside of being further away so things take longer to get to you.

He's hard to win with lol.

yet it feels twelve times as rewarding... there is no better feeling then winning by smacking people with a chair.

Ok guys some interesting things.

Jump start up is 3F but you can't block 5F's when your in the air.

The game doesn't allow backdashes on wake up, the game will not allow it until 5F's after you fully recover from knockdown.

Kanji's normals are active, abuse it.

J.C is a really good air to ground so abuse it.

5C and 2C are decent spacing tools learn when to do this and you will be great.

His 5B is fantastic and on CH puts the opponent in a spinning state, also combos into 2B on CH so go ham.

I forgot CH 5B combos into command grabs too.

Go in all out.

Also I still have that guide for Kanji's the jp wiki did if you want to translate it just let me know and I'll post the link.

5B combos into 2B on a crouching opponent. You have to input the 2B very quickly since the hitstun on 5B is almost non-existent.

Ok guys some interesting things.

Also I still have that guide for Kanji's the jp wiki did if you want to translate it just let me know and I'll post the link.

Link please! :eng101:

I guess I haven't been playing against good people but I haven't found it difficult to win with Kenji. Had better success with him than Chie who I originally wanted to main

axis - how about you open a thread for each matchup in the matchup section? since it's only 12 characters it's reasonable - this way it's easy to read through all match up specific stuff and if a question arises it can be asked and answered in that specific thread, ready for everyone to look up.