Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[P4A] Kanji Tatsumi Gameplay Discussion "Brofisting is in!"

I'm listing the first active frame as the startup. So when I say "6 frame startup" I mean 5 frames of nothing and 1 frame of active frames.

Oh shit. Haha. 5A is jump-cancellable? I have to go and regrab a lot of these.

Unless Arc did something silly like stick some neutral frames in the startup animation of some of these attacks (Haven't seen any hint of it over here) then all of the data should be legit. I'd love for someone to double check if they could.

ground throw start up (is it generic?) and tatsumi style start up and frame advantage would be interesting. same for all the Cs - max charged and instant, might be different.

new version (deleted the older one to only keep one around).

kanjiframedataqvs0q.jpg

IK is 99+0 :S

Throw is 13

Also, I'm don't think Max Cs are any different on block. Just set your CPU Replay to Jump and hit them with Max C with All Block. When it lands, hit Replay and hold Up. He'll always jump before you do. It looks identical to regular C.

Maybe I fluffed it 50 times, you can go test this yourself. :)

Edit: Got called to play with some pals. Be back later to do stuff.

IK is 99+0 :S

Throw is 13

Also, I'm don't think Max Cs are any different on block. Just set your CPU Replay to Jump and hit them with Max C with All Block. When it lands, hit Replay and hold Up. He'll always jump before you do. It looks identical to regular C.

Maybe I fluffed it 50 times, you can go test this yourself. :)

Edit: Got called to play with some pals. Be back later to do stuff.

well yeah, but what's regular C and 2C on block/hit then? x) you didn't wrote that yet^^

I guess 13f for throw is for every character, might be for IK too? but outch 99 frames... can't use that as "punish" then, only as counter activation. well otherwise IKs would be too strong I guess.

No I believe other characters grabs are 5/7F.

Kanji is the only one with 13F grab.

makes sense to give the GRAPPLER character the slowest throw... >_>

:/

Since i don't have the game yet, at least we have good range or some other properties to compensate for the start up right?

He steps forward a bit and then performs the grab.

The interesting part about this is that the step inherits dash velocity. So you can run up, do the grab, and clear a large amount of space before the grab becomes active. Using it up close is suicidal.

Also I really hope someone updates the wiki with that information. (If someone has already, good work! I don't have time to check right now.)

He steps forward a bit and then performs the grab.

The interesting part about this is that the step inherits dash velocity. So you can run up, do the grab, and clear a large amount of space before the grab becomes active. Using it up close is suicidal.

Also I really hope someone updates the wiki with that information. (If someone has already, good work! I don't have time to check right now.)

now factor in that his dash is also the slowest in the game on top of his walkspeed, which is also the slowest and it's still terrible =/

well yeah, but what's regular C and 2C on block/hit then? x) you didn't wrote that yet^^

I guess 13f for throw is for every character, might be for IK too? but outch 99 frames... can't use that as "punish" then, only as counter activation. well otherwise IKs would be too strong I guess.

Ha. When I put 5D I meant 5C.

2C is +7/+8

Also, you can squeeze in an IK when you smell DP, just do it about 15 frames before they activate. They'll DP and you'll nab them, depending on the character. Can't grab Aegis', since she's airborn for like 110 frames, but you can totally brofist Kanji players

Ha. When I put 5D I meant 5C.

2C is +7/+8

Also, you can squeeze in an IK when you smell DP, just do it about 15 frames before they activate. They'll DP and you'll nab them, depending on the character. Can't grab Aegis', since she's airborn for like 110 frames, but you can totally brofist Kanji players

will fix it - 5C -9 on block then? that seems terrible to me, it's rather easy to counter and hit the persona anyway : X. what's D data then (earliest point when kanji is able to block / move)? :D

well that IK would be a neither a punish nor a counter activation but a guess ^^

you can't grab yuki's Dia either.

since you mention kanji, how bad is it on whiff / block anyway? seems rather quick (in comparison to yu for instance).

edit: updated!

It seems like Kanji's 214C This'll Hurt! has some invulnerable frames on it! Went through Mitsuru's Furious action with it!
Was just about to post that, I did it like 6 times last night.

Whiff circles and everything. Similarly, Mitsuru's 2B seems to actually have upperbody invincibility or something because sometimes standing moves create whiff circles through it? The F?

What standing move was it? Her 2B is head attribute invuln, I believe.

like for most characters isn't it? for kanji as well.

Hi Guys im new to the forums but I've wanted to add that lately, after a Command grab in the corner. Ill combo 5AA off of it. And then Cancel into 236D. and if they air tech. they get hit by the AA grab and you can follow up with J.B-2B-236C-236A/B. It works off Up Tech,Back Tech, and sometimes when they do forward. I'm not sure if its a good Tactic or not but Ive been getting some good results from it. Thanks.

Depending on how often it catches forward tech that's not too bad a setup. 236CD would probably keep you safer by letting you move sooner. I feel like either way there's probably something that can be done about it though... need to test.

The biter uses this setup a lot actually (with 236CD). Unfortunately, at least in my testing, you can forward tech out of it. If your character has an air DP, you can also air DP out of it (Yu/Mitsuru).

EDIT: How are you getting it to work against neutral tech with 236D? The dummy always techs safely out of it for me, and I'm canceling the 236D as soon as possible off of the 2nd A...

Hmmm I mentioned Upward. I'm not sure if works on straight up neutral tech. Im sure I didn't create this but its cool to know biter uses this too. but yes it will have to go through more testing to see what you can do if they don't tech the way you want. must develop a back-up plan. but ill look more into it. only been doing it for 3-4 days or so.

What standing move was it? Her 2B is head attribute invuln, I believe.
It was 5A. Maybe the whiff circle appeared because I hit the sword after the active frames?

236 Tech traps in general seem to lose to forward tech. j.214B traps lose to neutral tech.

Yo, Axis was just renovating some asses. Sometimes he was straight disrespectful, did his mom teach him any manners? So good seeing at least two Kanjis doing some work.