Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Combo Thread

a thing to note is that with megido, the catch and the final hit are counted separately.

it all makes sense when you count the moves!~

here's the 5AA combo:

5A(1)A(2) > 22B > JC(3) > 236C+D(5) > JB(6) > J2B(7)> 214A(8) > 5B(9) > 236C(11) > 214A > 236D

now the orgia j.B one:

JB(1) > 5A(2)A(3) > 2B(4) >J C(5)> 236CD(7) > 214A >5B(9) > 236C(11) > 214A> 236D

It's safe to assume pretty much every move has SMP. Now you too can craft your own routes (because some of it is pretty character specific)!

edit: oops, corrected my routes

a thing to note is that with megido, the catch and the final hit are counted separately.

it all makes sense when you count the moves!

What made you come to this conclusion?

Are the catch and final hits unique to each version of Megido as well?

Edit: A dumb question, but I just need to bury any potential ones; i know a move can't really prorate if it's not an actual attack(whiffing as well I'm assuming), but moves like mode change and boost aren't counted then right? I've just been getting really conflicting info lately

it all makes sense when you count the moves!~

here's the 5AA combo:

5A(1)A(2) > 22B > JC(3) > 236C+D(5) > JB(6) > J2B(7)> 214A(8) > 5B(9) > 236C(11) > 214A > 236D

now the orgia j.B one:

JB(1) > JA(2) > 5A(3)A(4) > 2B(5) >J C(6)> 236CD(8) > 5B(9) > 236C(11) > 214A> 236D

It's safe to assume pretty much every move has SMP. Now you too can craft your own routes (because some of it is pretty character specific)!

Ah ok, that makes sense, but still the only move used twice is 214A and that was used prior to the 11th hit. So how is SMP affecting this combo? With Naoto it makes sense, you use 10 differently move then do 236C~D as your 11th and onward and you wont have SMP applied and you can loop. However we aren't using the same move twice here. All I can think of is the final hit of 236C and 236D are counted as the same move, but different from the final hit of 236CD. I guess thats it?

A dumb question, but I just need to bury any potential ones; i know a move can't really prorate if it's not an actual attack(whiffing as well I'm assuming), but moves like mode change and boost aren't counted then right? I've just been getting really conflicting info lately

You have to hit them with the move for it to count as a move toward the SMP. So no, changing modes does not count since it does not hit. However our R-Action would count as a move since it does actually hit them along with changing modes. However you wouldn't really want to use R-Action in the middle of a combo for obvious reasons.

Wow, so the combo's a glitch that'll likely get fix in the next iteration.

I've only been going for the 5AA variation. Are the others any easier?

To be fair, BnB combos are different for nearly every iteration of fighting game. So I wouldn't get caught up on 'you wont be able to do this in the next game'. Its not a very good reason to not learn these combos. To your actual question, i personally think the orgia sweep combo is better than the previous BnB. Your mixup options are much better from 5A and landing j.C could be a pain from j.B if you didn't start with sweep. This way you can easily confirm j.B -> 5A -> either 5C or 5A depending on if your sweep hit. And when you hit 5A on block you have a 3way mixup you can go for instantly, (j.B, sweep, or crossup).

No, I'm learning the combos. They're quite fun to execute! Not all Arc upgrades have led to big combo changes for all characters. I just meant that we can expect the characters that make use of this bug to get a nerf in that aspect (not that their changes won't balance it out). Didn't realize Naoto's combo was a glitch seeing as how it seems to be the cornerstone of her gameplan.

One More Bursts count as two SMP moves, so does Mudoon in Naoto's case.

So for that example, 214D is the first SMP move, followed by 2A (2), 2B (3), jA (4), jB (5), jC (6), OMB (7, 8), 2[C] (9), 5B (10), and 236B (11). I don't think 5C counts as an SMP move since it's used multiple times in some of Naoto's other SMP combos.

Side note, Aigis with SMP combos would be some scary shit, I don't think she needs any more tools lol.

Fuck yea time to hit the lab. Now if only Severin will come clean about whether or not the catch and last hit of each version of Megido are unique.

MOAR QUECHIONS!

Is mudoon a special case for counting/having two unique SMP modifiers?

Hey there gang, thought I'd join the discussion. Started with Mitsuru, been playing Aigis more recently and got a lot of help on Aigis thanks to this sub-forum, so thanks for all your guys' finds so far. She's a really fun character.

Has anyone come up with a good combo off an air throw while in Orgia? I practiced last night and came up with boost [3] to EX/Megido Fire > whatever, but was curious if you guys had anything else. I didn't see anything on the first thread post or the wiki either.

Easiest is and usually most common way is to boost jC > SB Megido > 214A > jC > D Megido

If that's too boring for ya and you got Orgia to spend there was this

If im in orgia mode and have 1 bar after a throw i would do

Throw > Fly fwd JB >5B > QCF CD > fall a bit down C rockets fly forward >JB >QCF C > AB little over 3 k

I dont know if theres anything else for this havent done research for throw follow up combos in orgia. I couldnt connect cannon after so i just went with pandora

Thought I was feeling myself hitting the triple megido at a decent percentage against Mitsuru. Went to training on Kanji and it seems much harder on him. Are you guys finding character quirks to these combos?

To your actual question, i personally think the orgia sweep combo is better than the previous BnB. Your mixup options are much better from 5A and landing j.C could be a pain from j.B if you didn't start with sweep. This way you can easily confirm j.B -> 5A -> either 5C or 5A depending on if your sweep hit. And when you hit 5A on block you have a 3way mixup you can go for instantly, (j.B, sweep, or crossup).

Hey, thanks for the insight! Was away and finally got around to working on the mix-ups off j.B > 5A and I'm liking switching that around with the old BNB mix-up off 5B for that extra layer of differentiation.

im pretty sure the sweep triple megido doesn't work against teddie. Maybe if you swap the 5C for a 5B it will work. Either way its a pain and I just do the normal BnB vs him.

So some combos I found from the new koichi aigis video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPwI5w_2Lng&feature=player_detailpage) that I didnt know about:

Normal Mode:

5AAA > jc > j.b > 2b >jc (immediately) > j.a > j.b > j.2b (1405)

I've been noticing James Xie doing a variant of this on WNF. He swaps the 2b for a 5b but it's otherwise identical. It looks like an excellent way to buy time while Orgia recharges. In addition, James Xie seems to have enough time to be able to add a 22b at the end and go for a mixup whenever he uses this.

I've tried this myself, but I can't seem to get the j.2b to connect at the very end - has anyone else tried this?

With regards to Aigis having a SMP loop, I have came up with a combo that uses 14 different moves (if you count different versions of the same move as different moves) and the AI can still tech out quite easily at the end. Clearly some moves aren't really SMP.

Or maybe it's just me wanting a cool SMP loop like Naoto. I envisioned a 5b 2b 236d loop for Aigis but now it looks pretty impossible to me.

Yea, the reality is that even if we can avoid same move proration on all of our moves in a combo; it doesn't mean anything when Megido adds like a million hits of normal combo hit proration lol.

On another note though, after SB Megido, we could technically use 214B instead of 214A to add a minuscule amount of damage to the end of our combos lol.

2AB > [6] > j.B > land > 5A > 5C > j.C(2) > 236CD > j.A > land > 214A > 236C > 214A > 236D [DM:5098/SP:17%(-25%)]

Hey just wanted to post that you can get a whopping 76 more damage off of the sweep orgia starter:

2AB > [6] > j.B > land > 5A > 5C > j.C(2) > j.236CD > land > 214A > 5B > 236C > 214A > 236D [DM:5174/SP:17%(-25%)]

Only difference is doing 5B instead of j.A, just 76 damage not a big deal but felt I should post it just in case, and if you guys already knew about this then sorry haha.

a more universal triple megido from sweep:

2AB > boost j.B > j.A > 2B > j.C(2) > 236CD > 214B > 5B > 236C > 214A > 236D

jumping either neutral or forward after the j.C(2) is character specific, and it's all REALLY hard on kanji/yukiko/naoto

a more universal triple megido from sweep:

2AB > boost j.B > j.A > 2B > j.C(2) > 236CD > 214B > 5B > 236C > 214A > 236D

jumping either neutral or forward after the j.C(2) is character specific, and it's all REALLY hard on kanji/yukiko/naoto

yeah ive been having trouble landing it consistently on naoto :/

If you just let j.C hit once the combo becomes a lot more consistent on Naoto and Kanji. With j.C(1) you can also jump backwards (on everyone) instead of up or forward which makes it a bit more consistent where you land after SB Megido and you're only losing like 100 damage or so.

But man...I can't get anything to work on Yukiko consistently....