Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[P4A] Aigis Combo Thread

I remember seeing a midscreen variant of that combo in a recent match vid, I'll see if I can find it later.

EDIT: I played around with it in the lab and I found out how to do it midscreen;

Easy Versions:

- (2AB), dash j.B, j.C, 5B, 236CD, land, 22A, 214A, dash, 5AA, 22B, j.A, JC, j.A, j.C, 236D (~4400 off 2AB, ~3900 off j.B)

- 5AA, 22B, j.C, 236CD, 22A, 214A, 5AA, 22B, j.A, JC, j.A, j.C, 236D (~3500)

Hard Version:

- (2AB), dash j.B, j.C, 5B, 236CD, land, 22A, run, j.A, j.B, j.2B, 5AA, 22B, j.A, JC, j.C, 236D (~4600 off 2AB, ~3900 off j.B)

The 22A and 214A after 236CD must be done immediately. Although the hard version has the benefit of conserving more Orgia meter, it's a really tight combo and just doing the easy version still saves a noticeable amount of meter; the regular combo uses up about 35% meter while the easy version of this combo ends with a 10% net loss of meter and the hard version ends with almost no net loss. You can actually do this off almost any confirm into EX Megido.

I remember seeing a midscreen variant of that combo in a recent match vid, I'll see if I can find it later.

EDIT: I played around with it in the lab and I found out how to do it midscreen;

Easy Versions:

- (2AB), dash j.B, j.C, 5B, 236CD, land, 22A, 214A, dash, 5AA, 22B, j.A, JC, j.A, j.C, 236D (~4400 off 2AB, ~3900 off j.B)

Hard Version:

- (2AB), dash j.B, j.C, 5B, 236CD, land, run, j.A, j.B, j.2B, 5AA, 22B, j.A, JC, j.C, 236D (~4600 off 2AB, ~3900 off j.B)

The 22A and 214A after 236CD must be done immediately. Although the hard version has the benefit of conserving more Orgia meter, it's a really tight combo and just doing the easy version still saves a noticeable amount of meter; the regular combo uses up about 35% meter while the easy version of this combo ends with a 10% net loss of meter and the hard version ends with almost no net loss. You can actually do this off almost any confirm into EX Megido.

Waitwaitwait, I'm confused. You start out in Orgia, right? Wouldn't 22B take you out of Orgia, so you wouldn't land the D-Megido at the end? Is the dash j.B an iad.B? I think, all-in-all, I'd like a video just to wrap my head around it. Either way, I'd be totally interested in experimenting with the combo.

I'm pretty sure on that last combo he's missing 22A after 236CD. It should read:

Hard Version:

- (2AB), dash j.B, j.C, 5B, 236CD, land, 22A, run, j.A, j.B, j.2B, 5AA, 22B, j.A, JC, j.C, 236D (~4600 off 2AB, ~3900 off j.B)

Also, the "dash j.B" is Orgia Boost > j.B. I'm out right now, but when I get back I'll post videos demonstrating both combos.

Waitwaitwait, I'm confused. You start out in Orgia, right? Wouldn't 22B take you out of Orgia, so you wouldn't land the D-Megido at the end? Is the dash j.B an iad.B? I think, all-in-all, I'd like a video just to wrap my head around it. Either way, I'd be totally interested in experimenting with the combo.

As Coma pointed out, I actually forgot to put in 22A (which switches Aigis back to normal mode before 22B) in the combo.

Easy Versions:

Hard Version:

Good stuff. The easy combo use 15% less orgia meter than my current 2AB/j.B combos. I only had to give up 300 points of damage, which is worth it IMO.

After watching Hex's video, I realized that I derped on the transcript of the hard version and forgot to write in 214A:

Hard Version:

- (2AB), dash j.B, j.C, 5B, 236CD, land, 22A, 214A, run, j.A, j.B, j.2B, 5AA, 22B, j.A, JC, j.C, 236D (~4600 off 2AB, ~3900 off j.B)

The 214A adds a significant amount of damage and Orgia cooldown time to the combo. It does make the combo tighter though so depending on how good/consistent your execution is, it may or may not be worth the extra effort for that little bit of orgia meter and damage.

I should also mention that these combos (easy and hard versions) may be a bit iffy on some characters. I know that the combo is definitely harder against Teddie for some reason. I'll do a bit more testing against other characters when I find the time.

Great stuff Psykotik, I've been messing around with Aigis and I was wonder about a couple things about her Double Mode change combos? Like, are the ones found so far universal? i've been having a lot of trouble doing them against characters like Labrys and Chie for whatever reason so I was wondering about what kind of adjustments one would need to make it work or if its just me being bad lol.

More double mode change combos/An excuse for me to try out my LGP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL4KBkYA378

Nice video! Totally stealing that corner one.

Great stuff Psykotik, I've been messing around with Aigis and I was wonder about a couple things about her Double Mode change combos? Like, are the ones found so far universal? i've been having a lot of trouble doing them against characters like Labrys and Chie for whatever reason so I was wondering about what kind of adjustments one would need to make it work or if its just me being bad lol.

You can usually mode change in a lot of situations, but the big factors are how high you hit them with sb megido, and how low they get hit by cannon

If they get hit too high for cannon 5aa > activate route won't work, j.2b route needs to be used, which can be a lot more unstable

Anyways I went into training to try it out on the whole cast -

you can do it off any route into sb megido, as long as the sb megido hits high enough, but the most stable is if you do whatever into j.c > 5b > sb megido > 22a > cannon asap. dash 5a has to be delayed slightly so they are low enough for the 5aa to hit

i don't think labrys needs any special timings

for chie, delay your 5b before sb megido a little so that she is hit higher up, or else cannon will whiff

So can anyone explain how to do Aigis' 24th mission? I am not sure how help'ful or reliable this combo is but I have a VERY hard time doing it and it hurts my arm after awhile. It is:

5AA > 22B> j.C >6 > j.C > 236D >2A+D > 236A+D.

Any help/advice? Can anyone do this reliably?

So, with mode change stuff I haven't seen anybody talk about the non EX Megido stuff really.

The basic 5AA > 5B > j.A > j.C > 236D > 22A > 2B > j.A > j.B > j.2B is probably a thing we should list as something to be doing. there's other confirms like it but that's just the simple one.

Also, basic stuff like j.B > j.C(1) > j.A > j.B > j.2B > 5AA > 22B > j.C(1) > Megido things is missing from the OP and whatnot.

I have been having trouble on Aigis' 27th challenge, where you have to AOA fatal C finish and do j.C >dj.B. No matter how often I do it Aigis will not perform the jump. I have tried doing it earlier and delaying it and neither seems to work. Can anyone give me some tips on how to time the jump?

I have been having trouble on Aigis' 27th challenge, where you have to AOA fatal C finish and do j.C >dj.B. No matter how often I do it Aigis will not perform the jump. I have tried doing it earlier and delaying it and neither seems to work. Can anyone give me some tips on how to time the jump?

Wow, I just got it. It seems that you have to input j.C IMMEDIATELY after the AOA fatal and wait until just as Athena starts to vanish to input the j.B. The window of opportunity seems strangely strict; for instance, why is it that delaying j.C seems to lock her jumps?

Wow, I just got it. It seems that you have to input j.C IMMEDIATELY after the AOA fatal and wait until just as Athena starts to vanish to input the j.B. The window of opportunity seems strangely strict; for instance, why is it that delaying j.C seems to lock her jumps?

Sorry I didn't answer your first one, it had been so long so I assumed you'd moved on by then >_<

Sorry I didn't answer your first one, it had been so long so I assumed you'd moved on by then >_<

No problem, that was kinda my bad. I was just frustrated trying to learn Aigis and Challenge Mode seemed less helpful than what I found here. How often do you think this combo and mission 24 are useful? The timing seems too strict to be reliable but the combo starts from 5A so I have mixed feelings about it.

Also I figured that out almost immediately after posting that question which made me feel dumb/awesome.

No problem, that was kinda my bad. I was just frustrated trying to learn Aigis and Challenge Mode seemed less helpful than what I found here. How often do you think this combo and mission 24 are useful? The timing seems too strict to be reliable but the combo starts from 5A so I have mixed feelings about it.

From my experience, there are much better confirms off of 5A, such as the triple megido combo, double mode change combo, or something more simple like 5AA 22B jC(1) j236CD 214A jB jB jC j236D. These do more damage, use less meter, and put you in a prime spot for oki.

Challenge 27 is still ridiculously strict, so I would write it off as impractical. As far as I know, Aigis doesn't get much from the AoA C ender if she is not in Orgia mode anyway.

Most of the challenges are not so good. I'm working on updating the wiki with some BnBs off 5A. Off 5A you can do a mode change combo just like Bane posted that's simple and easy, you can do double megido for no meter, and you can even get triple megido easily off 5A.

Like 5AA > 22B > j.C > 236D > 2B > 5B > 236C is meterless and good to do. Just gotta get the 2B when they're as low as possible. If you have the meter you can do the combo Bane posted or learn triple Megido.

Thank you so much. I was hoping that the really strict stuff wasn't needed to do well with Aigis so there seems to be hope for me yet!

From my experience, there are much better confirms off of 5A, such as the triple megido combo, double mode change combo, or something more simple like 5AA 22B jC(1) j236CD 214A jB jB jC j236D. These do more damage, use less meter, and put you in a prime spot for oki.

Challenge 27 is still ridiculously strict, so I would write it off as impractical. As far as I know, Aigis doesn't get much from the AoA C ender if she is not in Orgia mode anyway.

No worries. I'm working on updating the wiki with proper BnBs and combos you should be doing, should be done by the end of this week but might be done in a day or two if I'm lucky.

Just for the sake of cool 0 bullet combos, I wanted to find triple Megido routes when you have the strange 5AA and 2B and this is what I got so far:

5AA > 2AB(whiff) > 2B > j.B > j.C > 236CD > j.A > 214A > 5B > 236C > 214A > 236D

2AB > [6] > j.B > 5AA > Orgia Backdash then boost forward > j.C > 236CD > 214B > 5B > 236C > 214A > 236D

If you guys come up with anything nuts lemme know.

Took a quick shakycam of the last one to show the backdash/boost part.

Edit: found another one today. [No Ammo] j.C(1) > 5AA > sj.A > j.B > 236CD > 214B > 5B > 236C > 214A > 236D. These are pretty neat.

Have another ludicrous combo using 5AA > 214B after a fatal. Again, nothing even close to match practical but still amusing to me.

I think the 3rd normal combo has an error. In the combo:

•[o] 5B > 2AB > [6] > j.B > j.C(2) > 5B > 236CD > 22A > 214A > j.B > j.2B [DM:3198/SP:10%(-25%)2%]

-------------------------------------^

I don't see how we can land the 2nd hit of j.C from that height.

I think the 3rd normal combo has an error. In the combo:

•[o] 5B > 2AB > [6] > j.B > j.C(2) > 5B > 236CD > 22A > 214A > j.B > j.2B [DM:3198/SP:10%(-25%)2%]

-------------------------------------^

I don't see how we can land the 2nd hit of j.C from that height.

You're right, I just fixed it. Once I get everything sorted out I'll update the OPs and might change the format a little bit.