Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[P4A] Shadow Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

....-raises hand-

How do you do AoA? I've been working to understand Shadow's basics and I'm not doing bad so far.

AoA= All out Attack which is a universal attack you can preform by hitting A+B. If you land this on a standing/crouching opponent you can follow it up by mashing. Hit C at the end and it will knock them high in the air, and in the corner hitting D will cause them to wallbounce. Mashing up to 15 hits will cause a fatal counter.

Eh? AoA (All-out Attack) is just standing A+B, then buttons for followup. I do A+B, A+B to run, A+B x6 then C/D for fatal counter, generally buffering an action into the C/D.

AoA= All out Attack which is a universal attack you can preform by hitting A+B. If you land this on a standing/crouching opponent you can follow it up by mashing. Hit C at the end will knock them high in the air, and in the corner hitting D will cause them to wallbounce. Mashing up to 15 hits will cause a fatal counter.

Okay, thanks. This game still feels foreign to me....

Is this news? I assume must people were aware on at least some level, but I wanted to clearly demonstrate the difference. It's bigger than you might think.

Blazblue had the same mechanism when doing a dash+move. Your character keeps gliding for some frames after a dash attack.

that's not the high/low unblockable, but the command grab trap, which you can't loop if they tech > upback and get air unblockabled (but you get a combo and cheap mixup after). I plan to make a comprehensive guide on oki for her in general which includes it since its simpler and still really effective.

Good looks. Looking forward to it.

ALSO - Shoutouts to dotShots for the inescapable command grab setup off twice in the Level Up tourney on stream (so far)

Blazblue had the same mechanism when doing a dash+move. Your character keeps gliding for some frames after a dash attack.

Well, there's clearly going to be some increase in distance, but the gliding carries you a fair distance. It's not really that "You can dash into it to get more distance" but outlining just how much distance is gained (it's really nontrivial). This is good, since... Well, there are times when that's going to be useful to do, lol.

Also, I updated that post with a better video, for those of you who were already here in those 25 minutes.

I've been working on some combo paths, trying to find a way to get a third relaunch. I'm not seeing it happening without Titanomachia.

I do think I found a way to have Asterios turn around mid-combo in the corner so you can get a Flames of Hades relaunch and better oki. It's difficult, but basically you do j.BB > dj.Air Turn > B Air Guillotine Axe. Air Guillotine Axe should only do one hit, and Asterios will be facing away from the corner, but it often doesn't work and he faces back towards the corner.

A 3rd relaunch isn't happening, even on fatal counter. Or it could, but the opponent will be able to tech mid air at some point, losing your okizeme, to only deal a few hundred more damages. It's better to get a strong okizeme and a little damage less.

If you are to kill your opponent, OMC or OMB are more likely the best options.

A 3rd relaunch isn't happening, even on fatal counter. Or it could, but the opponent will be able to tech mid air at some point, losing your okizeme, to only deal a few hundred more damages. It's better to get a strong okizeme and a little damage less.

If you are to kill your opponent, OMC or OMB are more likely the best options.

Well, actually I just found one, but it does horrible damage because of j.A. Your goal in combos is to try and not use her A attacks to get damage. It's difficult, but with proper timing you can squeeze in j.B's instead of j.A's in some combos so you get extra damage and the same oki options.

How are people dealing with the Kanji matchup? Keeping him can only last so long and S.Lab doesn't have a lot of help to work with. Any particular tools that he has trouble with?

5C has autoguard right? Labrys is a champ at airtoground/air with j.B, but leaves much tobe desired on ground. 5C may help I think.

This character is kinda confusing to play as... unlike Carl I can't dictate my "puppet" to move at will :L

It's hard to rushdown like this :L

How are people dealing with the Kanji matchup? Keeping him can only last so long and S.Lab doesn't have a lot of help to work with. Any particular tools that he has trouble with?

5B, 2B and 8C are really good for keeping Kanji at bay. 2B has full head invincibility and keeps him from being able to approach from the air, so he has to deal with Asterios and 5B. 8C is good when he's trying to use lightning and 5B out pokes a lot of his normals.

This character is kinda confusing to play as... unlike Carl I can't dictate my "puppet" to move at will :L

It's hard to rushdown like this :L

Yeah, I was feeling the "this isn't like carl or eddie" thing at first~ It's something you need to be aware of, when you can naturally get Asterius to teleport to you and what that means for when you can do your followups. But it's not so bad.

Well, actually I just found one, but it does horrible damage because of j.A. Your goal in combos is to try and not use her A attacks to get damage. It's difficult, but with proper timing you can squeeze in j.B's instead of j.A's in some combos so you get extra damage and the same oki options.

Yeah i noticed those links, but to be honest i can manage them 1 out of 5 times in training, let alone in matches where its close to 0. The link is weird, and the reward isn't really there to bother. j.A, 1/2 launches. If i can squeeze 2500 hp, i'm happy. The big damages are when i'm in awakening, i don't really need them before.

The only annoying thing with shabrys is that she can't prevent the opponent to enter awakening, or at least with minimal health, as her basic, and even advanced combos doesn't deal much damages. And meter doesn't change anything to that, except again in awakening where she's a beast.

Also, 214214C is kinda retarded. The opponent can burst after you buff the inputs, so it's only usable when he has no burst, which will be known and people will wait for awakening / or death combo to burst. Early burst won't happen against us, and this is a pain, because it completely shut down our damage potential.

Titanomachia can be used for some good damage, but it's best used as a way to gain back momentum after a knockdown. They have to respect you even more than usual out of fear of being hit by the fullscreen fire. Mixing up how many attacks you do during it also makes it harder on them to guess when they can try and punish Asterios. On top of this, you can move freely during this for about 15-20 seconds without having to work with Asterios, since he's doing it manually.

I'm currently writing up some BnB's for the combo thread, and later I'm going to see what kind of damage we can get from a Fatal.

I have something against people who use boss characters against there friends, then he has the balls to say she is a low tier character. That bull shit! right? Is she a low tier?

I have something against people who use boss characters against there friends, then he has the balls to say she is a low tier character. That bull shit! right? Is she a low tier?

She was long considered low tier. She's now considered A tier. Her being the boss doesn't really have any bearing on things, she's balanced for competitive play.

Also: Mitsuru! WHAT TO DO IN THIS MATCHUP

besides have her safely poke every time you send Asterios to do something

Most frustrating matchup I've played thus far.

did S.Labby #30 by myself

Am I special? :(

Well, considering that it's super eas- Yes! You're very special for figuring it out without any tips! :kitty:

I'm working on the combo thread now, it'll be updated with some more BnB's.

Speaking of that, how are we gonna do combo notations for slab, specifically denoting asterios inputs and actual hits?

I guess heres the 5B punisher i've been using against DPs

CH 5B AoA (8C) j.A j.214B (8C hits) 214B, does around 3200 dmg