Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[P4A] Shadow Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

It doesn't, it does less damage and you can't follow it up with anything after the launch.

Err, I've followed it up with a 214a after the launch, it's just extremely hard to time, way easier to just do 2b followup instead of AoA>214a.

So I was playing with OMB just now after watching that video. New Slab combo flowchart:

Step 1: Knockdown in corner.

Step 2: IK mode instead of oki.

Step 3: Any deep poke that can cancel to OMB (so not Furious Action).

Step 4: OMB

Step 5: Get punched in the face by the other player.

:v:

And so far it feels like for her other type of setup, it feels like it's anything > cancel to titan (8C) > 5AA > 8C hits > sj.B > titan flames hit > IK mode > IK.

Though I haven't played with that very much.

Asterius' passive autoguard is actually 400 damage or less; Yosuke's 2B (410) breaks it, various 450 moves break it. How unfortunate~

What's the highest you guys can get off of a punish? 5700 for me

5b 2b jb jb j214b (right as the axe lands) 214214c (8c 5c) 5a 5a 214a (8c hit) j214b (5c hit) 214214b ; 5700 exactly for 100 bar

Oh hey. Sorry about the lag if it was my fault.

That lag was pretty bad

That match was mine x:

lol, j/k. Things can go any way.

I'm in that phase where I'm finally playing against the comp in training mode with difficulty maxed just so I can see what each character's moves are.

I just blocked a Blue Burst and jumped up to airthrow punish, but the comp was able to break the throw (causing me to get persona broken). Is there any restriction on throw breaking in this, or can you always break a throw assuming the timing is right? Maybe it's just coming from a game with a 1-frame escape window, but it'd be lame as hell if you can just throw break all throw attempts even when you're in recovery. The throw escape window is pretty big to begin with...

I'm in that phase where I'm finally playing against the comp in training mode with difficulty maxed just so I can see what each character's moves are.

I just blocked a Blue Burst and jumped up to airthrow punish, but the comp was able to break the throw (causing me to get persona broken). Is there any restriction on throw breaking in this, or can you always break a throw assuming the timing is right? Maybe it's just coming from a game with a 1-frame escape window, but it'd be lame as hell if you can just throw break all throw attempts even when you're in recovery. The throw escape window is pretty big to begin with...

You can't break throws on Counter Hit. You also can't break command throws. Otherwise, you can always tech them.

Wait... you sure about the crouching thing? That's really good to know, but I'm testing it with training mode and that doesn't seem to be right.

*Edit* Ok, yeah. I had to re-login to post and I wound up missing your update. : P

*Sigh* So they can always break unless it's counter hit. How lame. I guess I have to punish bursts with combos instead of weak airthrows. I can't even throw the damn bursts to begin with, so I guess I can force myself to change. :arg:

Wait... you sure about the crouching thing? That's really good to know, but I'm testing it with training mode and that doesn't seem to be right.

No no, you can tech throws while crouching. Just not on counter hit. I was thinking of Skullgirls throw system.

Anyone know how long it takes to leave the ground when you jump?

Jump startup is 3 frames long. You enter the air on the fourth frame.

Nanako navigator has hidden synergy with Shabrys.

(Note: This is not actually true)

Needs a patch now to nerf Nanako ASAP. Never knew she had a hidden persona to give people shields.

On another note, from a forum reading spree S.Lab forums are really lacking in information (as expected from a character that not many people play).

Espescially regarding all the oki setups and all the sandwich fun that S.Lab is infamous for. If we could have a thread cataloging all the stuff people have found out that would be great.

Needs a patch now to nerf Nanako ASAP. Never knew she had a hidden persona to give people shields.

On another note, from a forum reading spree S.Lab forums are really lacking in information (as expected from a character that not many people play).

Espescially regarding all the oki setups and all the sandwich fun that S.Lab is infamous for. If we could have a thread cataloging all the stuff people have found out that would be great.

It's my belief that resets are pretty much what Shabrys is all about, so I'm working on a thread about them, but I'm not really sure how to organize it. Well, I think I pretty much have a good idea at this point. Illness has gotten in the way of any dedicated attempt at writing it but I asked Kurushii to make a graphic for it and hopefully it'll be up tonight or tomorrow.

I wasn't really sure if reset was the best word, but yes, her mixup after knockdown is very strong and she has a huge amount of ways to go about it, but what's important is that it all goes back into knockdown again, ie, the setup is reset. However, there's enough other ways to go about it, and "Okizeme Thread" seems a touch offputting... Well, it doesn't really matter.

This happened last night. It was a pretty laggy match and I fell more than I was trying to before j.BB came out, and managed to cross myself up while inputting for Massive Slaughter, thereby making it... VERY difficult to see. So much so that I wasn't sure it even came out, and missed getting an actual combo out of it in my surprise. Still, it's interesting enough that I thought I should post it.

I did a thing

oh my good it's like thirteen hours after I started on it uggggh

what is sleep? i don't know or care

i'm not tired

Edit: ACTUAL EXPLANATION?

I've made a tutorial video explaining how you can get a very powerful setup as Shadow Labrys off of anything you can end in a 5C hitting from the opposite direction. This isn't everything, or even most things, but there's enough ways to set it up for it to be relevant.

Based on stuff I used to do in my brief Melty Blood days and thinking about sandoori, this setup just occurred to me recently. I've been running it in matches lately whenever I get the chance, and it's... Worked out well, shall we say. So I thought I'd share, since I've never seen other people do it or talk about it.

Many grats, Adel

Very good tutorial video. I've been focusing on other things lately, but this really inspires me to go back into the lab with S.Lab

One question though. In the video at around 1:56 with the FC combo, it begins with Yu's back to the corner but S.Labrys suddenly ends up IN the corner. Did Yu slide under her while she was landing?

Many grats, Adel

Very good tutorial video. I've been focusing on other things lately, but this really inspires me to go back into the lab with S.Lab

One question though. In the video at around 1:56 with the FC combo, it begins with Yu's back to the corner but S.Labrys suddenly ends up IN the corner. Did Yu slide under her while she was landing?

Shadow Labrys crosses under them there during the j.214B because of the momentum on it, yeah. It requires them to be hit at a pretty specific height for the j.BB at the start, but it's easy to confirm whether you've done it or not, and if not you can do something else there. If you're awakened and have meter, though, the correct thing to do off of it is Titanomachia, since you can string it to Titanomachia Finish and get whatever setup you want as they fall.