Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[P4A] Shadow Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

Okay I just happened to notice something really weird. I'm sure you've all noticed that Shadow Labrys damage is really weirdly nonround. Everyone else has nice round numbers, but our 5A is 190? Our ground throw is 760? Huh? Well. In the Famitsu guide, those numbers are listed as 200 and 800, respectively. After factoring out combo rate from its values and with knowledge of how proration works in this game, it becomes evident that for whatever reason, all of Shadow Labrys' damage values were multiplied by 0.95 before release. This doesn't seem to be true of any other character.

Edit: Our wiki page is now awesome.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Shadow_Labrys_(P4Arena)

Nearly complete frame data. A lot of new notes. Actually listing our combo rate (it's 0.5, the lowest in the game). A lot of new notes. More information than was on the famitsu guide.

^Nice!

@Adelheid there are so many strange things about shadow labrys. Makes me wonder where she was on the development track... Love the data in the wiki about the Guard Cancel btw :P.

Unrelated to both above comments, I've become somewhat reliant on her 2B. It's so meaty and rewarding I'm starting to throw it out any time my opponent is airborne. It's especially fun to get FC's off of people using overhead specials like Yu's or Naoto's.

Love the data in the wiki about the Guard Cancel btw :P.

Yeah, well,

{{FrameData-P4M

|damage=000

|guard=All

|cancel=O

|level=4

|attribute=Body

|p1=1000

|p2=100

|smp=50

|startup=18

|active=4

|recovery=24

|invuln=1-22 Unthrowable Autoguard

|staticDiff=-24

|hitbox=ShadowLabrys/5AAA

|description=Based on her 5AAA normal. Can combo through with 2C or with One More! Cancel, but a combo off of Guard Cancel Attack can never kill an opponent.

}}

I like it more now ε:

Actually listing our combo rate (it's 0.5, the lowest in the game).

This statistic works same way it works in BBCSE, right? (Basically every following hit gets multiplied by the combo rate?)

This statistic works same way it works in BBCSE, right? (Basically every following hit gets multiplied by the combo rate?)

Well, every following move. Later hits from a multi-hit move aren't affected by it. However, multi-hit attacks where there are "multiple copies of the same data," for instance 236C's 6 laser hits before its pillar, do have the damage halved for all hits after the first. This halving is true for all similar attacks from other characters, though Shadow Labrys coincidentally has the same character rate. I've noted these in the frame data with damage×n. For example, 236C's damage is listed as

190×6, 950 (1615)

The (1615) is effective full damage; If laser starts a combo, you get 190 + (190×5)/2 + 950 = 1615 damage. Character rate is applied for all hits in the move. Interestingly, this is still true if you have a hit in between, for instance if you hit with j.B after the second hit of laser you get, keeping in mind that 236C's P1 and P2 values are 0+500 and j.B does 570 base damage,

190 + 190/2 + ((1 - (0+500)/100 * 0.04) * 0.5) * 570 + (190×4)/2 + 950

= 190 + 190/2 + (0.8 * 0.5) * 570 + (190×4)/2 + 950

= 190 + 190/2 + 228 + (190×4)/2 + 950

= 190 + (190×5)/2 + 950 + 228

= 1615 + 228

= 1843

Which is interesting.

"In titanomachia, some attacks gain more hitstun, and some gain more damage"

No, this isn't true, this is completely untrue. As I've mentioned before, what actually is happening is that all Asterius' attacks gain unscaling untechable time. And none of them get better proration, either...

(Still cool though)

"In titanomachia, some attacks gain more hitstun, and some gain more damage"

No, this isn't true, this is completely untrue. As I've mentioned before, what actually is happening is that all Asterius' attacks gain unscaling untechable time. And none of them get better proration, either...

(Still cool though)

I don't remember writing more damage, I know that isn't true. i was under the impression that they had better proration, I didn't know they just had unscaled untechable time. I'll fix it. Thanks for the corrections, Adelheid.

I was tired last night after playing a 40 game set and didn't mean to say you said more damage, you blatantly didn't. Lol. My bad on that one ε:

Also while I'm here, D Challenge Authority having over a second and a half of invuln and being only -4 on block is amaaaaaazing. Though since it's slow to start up you do kinda need to worry about people cancelling moves to super if they have meter (which will kill Asterius and steal the hit) or recovering and evasive actioning through, it does manage to have its uses.

That brutal swing B laser setup is a fairly clever way out of the corner against Akihiko, I hadn't even thought of that!

Can probably do a j.C counterhit combo off of it I'd imagine though, so would have to be kind of a sparing usage thing. . .

So, at this point we know that Shabrys can combo into her IK using a Burst and the requisite 100 meter... but is it possible to grab someone during the untech time of Massive Slaughter/Shark Command grab? I'm going to mess around and test it later on tonight.

So, at this point we know that Shabrys can combo into her IK using a Burst and the requisite 100 meter... but is it possible to grab someone during the untech time of Massive Slaughter/Shark Command grab? I'm going to mess around and test it later on tonight.

I'm not near the game right now to test it, but I'm positive Asterius doesn't recover in time for you to do it. You most definitely can't do it from a regular one, so if you could, it'd have to be the Titanomachia version. But like I side, I don't think Asteris recovers in time for you to do the IK.

wo so uhh.. slab got that Ct rachel nerf huh? Unblockable axe now blockable... dmg waay down lol I sure know how to pick em

wo so uhh.. slab got that Ct rachel nerf huh? Unblockable axe now blockable... dmg waay down lol I sure know how to pick em

Nerf? It's been like that since the game started. She has the benefit of a no-charge-required Brutal Impact A that can be used as a reversal, as well as a comboable Brutal Impact B when combined with a Titanomachia combo that gives approximately 4k off DP and 5k off FB 5B, as well as abusing the armor properties on the charging combined with Asterius to make it safer. Putting aside that her damage is naturally low to begin with, how is that in any way a nerf?

hmm when I logged into the game for the first time (in a while) the other day I had a patch to download -- maybe it didnt change as much as my perceptions of the game did -- though I am now remembering this is a game of just simply bait the other guy's dp then win .. sigh >_<

This may have been discussed before, but can someone explain the gulp-trap variables a bit for me? Was testing it on a friend playing Aigis recently, and he was able to get through everything with an Aigis shorthop, unless I did j.B(which doesn't seem to have any followups). Meaty 5A & 4~6D seemed to function, but perhaps someone could go into more detail on it?

What sort of things do characters have to do to get out of it? Also not that you'd really want to try gulp trap against Teddie, it seems like he can 22A to avoid the trap completely.