Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[P4A] Shadow Labrys - Gameplay Discussion

Man. Titanomachia is SO GOOD. Cancel into it to make 214B really plus on block? Cancel into it to make j.214X REALLY plus on block? random air about-to-land titan when the opponent doesn't have meter for super, then run whatever the hell mixup you want while not having to worry about them striking Asterius?

IAD j.A j.214A titan, 2A = so pro a blockstring.

People are sleeping on this. But I can't stress enough how strong it is.

Man. Titanomachia is SO GOOD. Cancel into it to make 214B really plus on block? Cancel into it to make j.214X REALLY plus on block? random air about-to-land titan when the opponent doesn't have meter for super, then run whatever the hell mixup you want while not having to worry about them striking Asterius?

IAD j.A j.214A titan, 2A = so pro a blockstring.

People are sleeping on this. But I can't stress enough how strong it is.

Yep, it's really strong in those situations. You can also use it when the opponent is about to tech/is teching to setup a really strong pressure situation. If you do it while they're airborne you can go for some good air unblockable resets using 2C as they fall, but those are pretty difficult to time.

I found a setup that had the opponent tech mid-2C and they were forced to block the last few hits, but you can't use a 2B unblockable after they recovery from 2C for some reason.

I found a setup that had the opponent tech mid-2C and they were forced to block the last few hits, but you can't use a 2B unblockable after they recovery from 2C for some reason.

Unfortunately it seems you can't AUB after they've air blocked something. Well, if you could, Chie would be a pretty nonsense character, haha! Even moreso I mean.

Unfortunately it seems you can't AUB someone during their blockstun. Well, if you could, Chie would be a pretty nonsense character, haha! Even moreso I mean.

Well yeah, that's a mechanic to stop true unblockables. But this doesn't work even after you let them recover and begin to fall again, which is the odd part about it.

Unfortunately it seems you can't AUB after they've air blocked something. Well, if you could, Chie would be a pretty nonsense character, haha! Even moreso I mean.

The system works where a move isn't AUB if the opponent is in blockstun/hitstun.

What is AUB?

Air unblockable. Move that cannot be blocked in the air. Such as 2B.

Can anyone provide some execution tips for the following combo opening?

2A > 5B(2C) > 2A+B > (2C Hits) Dash Under Opponent...

I can't figure out how to do 5B and 2C at the same time. If I do 2C slightly before 5B, I can get 2A, 5B, and 2C to combo, but then 2A+B whiffs. Not very good at these games, obviously, so any help would be appreciated!

Also, sorry if this should have been asked in either the Q&A or Combo thread. Wasn't sure which one best applied.

Can anyone provide some execution tips for the following combo opening?

2A > 5B(2C) > 2A+B > (2C Hits) Dash Under Opponent...

I can't figure out how to do 5B and 2C at the same time. If I do 2C slightly before 5B, I can get 2A, 5B, and 2C to combo, but then 2A+B whiffs. Not very good at these games, obviously, so any help would be appreciated!

Also, sorry if this should have been asked in either the Q&A or Combo thread. Wasn't sure which one best applied.

Nah, it's okay you asked in here, this is a general gameplay thread. You could have asked in the other threads or this one, it doesn't really matter. :3

You want to do 2C right after 5B, and it'll hit during 2A+B, not 5B. So it will look like 5A > 5B > 2A+B > 2C Hits, but you have to activate it during 5B, so it's input like 2A > 5B > 2C > 2A+B > 2C Hits.

Has anyone worked on combos with One More Burst? Is there a reasonable way we can estimate how much burst we get back for our attacks? Autocombo really sucks damage wise, but we get a ton of meter and I noticed last night that we get a bunch of burst back for it too.

Actually, can you throw a burst in this? It doesn't seem to work at all when I try it.

I've had a few ideas off of OMB. You can do some pretty cool stuff pressing to the corner off of 2B j.B j.B OMB, 9j falling j.BB dash jump j.BB j.B 214B. Cancel to Titanomachia for damaging ender, do stuff with Asterius otherwise, do a LOT of corner press and get your corner game going. It's not bad. But you don't get anything really crazy like you do on other characters.

Hi there, first post on dustloop!

Picked up P4A because most of my local community did, and long story short I'm using slab. Had a question though because I couldn't really find it in this thread - what are the properties that are needed for slab's persona to be hit?

I ask because:

1) Sometimes if I get hit away from my persona, it will still take a card away

2) Sometimes my persona will get hit out of whatever its doing(someone breaks the armor, like naoto shooting it) and it won't lose a card

I could come up with like 5 other examples of weird times where a persona hp is taken or not, but I think you get the picture

Also to note I'm almost always holding D unless i'm specifically doing something with the persona, and as soon as I do the action(qcb c for example) I hold D again as soon as the animation starts

Thanks dudes!

I actually outlined this on the wiki, but if you haven't read it,

At all times, Asterius has autoguard against moves with less than 500 base power. While performing EX moves or during Titanomachia, Asterius has autoguard against all moves except supers.

Beyond that, moves that strike it and break its autoguard will take a card like any other Persona. You'll also lose a card if Shadow Labrys is hit while Asterius is active, but note that during Asterius' idle animation and while you're holding D, Asterius is not considered active. (And note that getting your throw broken counts as a 0-damage hit against you, so that'll take a card too.) This is true for every other character, but it's particularly likely to come up for Shadow Labrys.

So what's the best combo to use after a command grab. I can't get the hang of follow-ups after the grab because timing it is so weird.

2B > j.B > dj.A does 2803 DMG and builds 19 SP. I find the easiest timing to be hitting 2B right after the 5th hit of the command grab.

2B > j.B > dj.A does 2803 DMG and builds 19 SP. I find the easiest timing to be hitting 2B right after the 5th hit of the command grab.

I've seen some people do AoA instead but i dont know if it does more damage overall. Oh and the AoA hits them like if they were on the ground.

I've seen some people do AoA instead but i dont know if it does more damage overall. Oh and the AoA hits them like if they were on the ground.

It doesn't, it does less damage and you can't follow it up with anything after the launch.

You can do some interesting stuff with it in the corner, and the D launch can give you some tricks and resets, but in general, no, not more damage.\

Edit: Asterius frame data is on the wiki. http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Shadow_Labrys_(P4Arena)

Oh, hey.

I did a thing.

Double posting, I know, but it has nothing to do with the previous post.