Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Combo & Gameplay Discussion Thread

I think I can throw some input in here.

Kill rush>4a>stop>2a(repeat)

kill rush>4a>4d>6b

kill rush>4a>6c>throw

kill rush>6c>throw

kill rush>4a>6+c+d>boomerang hook>corkscrew

kill rush>4b>6c>2a

kill rush>6c>4d>4a+b

kill rush>4a>sweep

kill rush>4a>AOA

Kill rush>4a>6c>Short hop>j.b>kill rush

kill rush>4a>6c>4c>6c>4c>6c>4c>6c>4c.... for lols

kill rush>4b>6c>4b>6c>4b> more lols

kill rush>4b>5c

Random notes, kill rush into 4a -> 2a will lose to other jabs since you are negative on 4a... it may be better to risk the dp and do killrush into 4b.

I know your negative. Hell im very aware you are. Thats not what mixups are about. True someone can spam 2a and beat you out of your 2a. Its training them to just BLOCK! because if they did 2a they would get punished by a corkscrew normally. Its all mind games.

Well more what I was saying is, if you run into people who are mashing on 2a im pretty sure doing 4b after killrush instead of doing 4a frametraps them and the only thing you have to worry about is invincible reversals and if they block the 4b you are actually in a better position for all future mixups.

Also you are very angry, I was just pointing something out not saying you are wrong.

Whenever I get in, I usually assume that they're going to mash because that's what people love to do. My first mixup I usually use is a 4D to see what their initial reaction to my pressure is. If they're mashing, I can cork on reaction and if they're not, I could 6C right back in there. What I do next depends on what they did in response to the first mixup ie: mashing/dp= 4D punish, blocking=throw etc.

Personally I'd rather condition them to block because I can either throw, or even boomerang B unblockable. Oh and my favorite EX duck. EX duck has got to be the trickiest mixup Akihiko has and it really hurts.

Anyways, I think whatever mixup you use is just your personal preference as conditioning them to mash or to block will still open them up and lead to big damage.

Mixing in AoA/Sweep prior to kill rush gives you another bullet in your magazine.

Especially if you cancel it off the first hit of 5B. Not a lot of players expect anything at that point (especially not the first time).

Oh yeah I totally forgot about the first hit of 5B. You'll still be able to kill rush after the sweep because you're not above cyclone level 1 right (or whatever the conditions are that prevent kill rush> sweep> kill rush). Speaking of 5B, does anybody use his 5B (1 hit) JB loops against taller characters? I haven't really thought of doing it because it only works on certain characters but still.

I'm actually kind of surprised that the Q/A thread isn't longer (only one question). Cause my question is, and of course I'm sure it's been answered several times before, but how do you make his uppercut super not go so high up and make it go all the way up?

Also, there should be a mix up thread, lol ;o

I'm actually kind of surprised that the Q/A thread isn't longer (only one question). Cause my question is, and of course I'm sure it's been answered several times before, but how do you make his uppercut super not go so high up and make it go all the way up?

Also, there should be a mix up thread, lol ;o

His uppercut super is affected by the his tornado level thing. When it's level 3 he travels highest and deals the most damage. It also recovers the longest so he can't double super after it, while he can with level 1/2.

His uppercut super is affected by the his tornado level thing. When it's level 3 he travels highest and deals the most damage. It also recovers the longest so he can't double super after it, while he can with level 1/2.

Oh, so how do you build wind? And if you're already at level 3, how do you do weak super into strong super version?

(damn, this should be in the Q/A, lol)

Oh, so how do you build wind? And if you're already at level 3, how do you do weak super into strong super version?

(damn, this should be in the Q/A, lol)

I'm surprised it's not. o_O Wind is built by doing his special series, every one after the first raises level by 1 until 3. Sweep, AOA, throw and super also count for raising level. If you're already at 3 then you have to stop the special series in the BNB to reset it to 0 and continue from there, which is sometimes not possible.
:lol:

What are the differences between C and D versions of Thunder Fists?

Which one is Thunder fist?

Anyways, I messing with him, I got a better idea of how he work. But we really need to work on the Q/A thread and make some kind of mix up game topic. I mean, his mix up game isn't as complicated as I thought it would be (it's kind of straight forward). However, due to all his options he can do with his cancels, it's important to understand to do in what situation.

Which one is Thunder fist?

Anyways, I messing with him, I got a better idea of how he work. But we really need to work on the Q/A thread and make some kind of mix up game topic. I mean, his mix up game isn't as complicated as I thought it would be (it's kind of straight forward). However, due to all his options he can do with his cancels, it's important to understand to do in what situation.

The one where he powers up his fists with THUNDER

Decided that Shadow Labrys wasn't working for me and decided to pick up Akihiko. Is he tough on pad? Got a few 2k's out (no autocombo) but I just want to know.

^I can't even imagine playing S. Labrys using a pad because your finger always needs to be hovering the D button. :/ I haven't been using Akihiko extensively with pad, but his playstyle doesn't seem to warrant stick usage. His BnB's are completely do-able on a pad.

^I can't even imagine playing S. Labrys using a pad because your finger always needs to be hovering the D button. :/ I haven't been using Akihiko extensively with pad, but his playstyle doesn't seem to warrant stick usage. His BnB's are completely do-able on a pad.

Well I was sorta doing okay with her but once I leveled up...it got harder to do certain things with her. And when you're not doing well with a character, its best to try something new.

Aki reminds me of Dudley...which I always enjoyed seeing in action but couldn't use him.

Just some random thoughts and stuff I've been using...

Assault Dive really opened things up for me, I know its really unsafe, but it provides a unique option people don't expect. Because it's like a dive kick, you can wait for people to make a mistake out of range, then punish.

On block you can go for boomerang hook, but it's really unsafe. EX boomerang hook, however is awesome afterward. You can also Double Upper. Not sure if that's a block string or not (A Assault Dive > Double Upper). After finishing an air combo with Assault Dive, I've been cancelling into 2BD into another Assault Dive into 4A or charged 4B. It's ghetto but fun.

Just want to reiterate that this is a really unsafe move outside of combos but used correctly can let you bait and punish things like furious actions.

Dash Up 5A then jump or 5A again. This is mad crazy good. I know it seems obvious, but the more you do it, the more you'll be able to hitconfirm after the first lands on CH. On several occasions I've been able to CH 5A > j.B > 5B. It's really nice.

I've also been throwing j.B a bit earlier as I jump up to close up pressure. You can throw out a j.A as you descend or hitconfirm into assault dive. Just know that you don't have to be at the peak of a jump or after an air dash to get good use of j.B when pressuring depending on how your opponent is acting.

Get used to recognizing when 5A can't combo into 5B or 5AA at max range and do A-Kill Rush. If you find yourself unable to really close that gap with footsies, just go for the A-Kill Rush right away after poking with 5A and 2A if you're comfortable with A-Kill Rush Pressure.

KazukiFafnir pointed this out earlier, but use Sweep and AOA before Kill Rush more often. It really helps in setting the pace.

A-Kill Rush at max range into 4A is nice because you're not up close. I did 5B afterward a few times tonight and the opponent's 5A whiffed and got tagged by the second hit of 5B.

Finally got some great use out of Caesar tonight.

5C at max range on wakeup can be really scary. When you have the time and room it's basically a safe overhead. If they roll, you have time to fatal counter. It beats or is a safe attack against several furious actions as well. When they start blocking, Duck in and throw or do what you like to do. Wanna amp it up? 214 [C] first and add a Cyclone level you can dash or Caesar out of it.

I've been doing this after a Combo > B-Corkscrew in the corner. It puts you at perfect range. That frame data says 2C has better block frames. I'll be interested in seeing how that works out.

I've been doing 5D after landing Corkscrew mid screen. It provides unpredictable situations which is nice. Twice tonight I got people to furious action, then they super canceled. It doesn't auto correct so they sailed over me and whiffed. You can hold it and I've been trying to do weird stuff with that. Nothing great except you can sorta do unsafe stuff and they'll get pulled away. I did Air Assault that crossed up--which is bad because the second hit usually whiffs--but then did 4CD for an invincible crossup, it was pretty sweet.

I like to do 4D or 6C_D after landing 5AAA in the air. You can setup some neat crossups depending on how they tech. The safe thing is to go right back to 5AA but I've been messing with 5C and 5D for really weird nonsense. They're cool setups if you know what your opponent is gonna do. 6CD or 4C > 5C > 4B_CD is nice for defensive players. Furious action after ducking for aggressive recoverers. I also wanna try 5AA>2B>5D since they're up higher. Ideally you'd just go into a combo from anti-air 5A but I often trigger 5AAA by accident.

Kinda rambly, but this has been working for me. I like to play characters creatively so it may not be best for everyone. Hope to see you all online and let us know what's working for you too!

Just some random thoughts and stuff I've been using...

Assault Dive really opened things up for me, I know its really unsafe, but it provides a unique option people don't expect. Because it's like a dive kick, you can wait for people to make a mistake out of range, then punish.

On block you can go for boomerang hook, but it's really unsafe. EX boomerang hook, however is awesome afterward. You can also Double Upper. Not sure if that's a block string or not (A Assault Dive > Double Upper). After finishing an air combo with Assault Dive, I've been cancelling into 2BD into another Assault Dive into 4A or charged 4B. It's ghetto but fun.

Just want to reiterate that this is a really unsafe move outside of combos but used correctly can let you bait and punish things like furious actions.

Dash Up 5A then jump or 5A again. This is mad crazy good. I know it seems obvious, but the more you do it, the more you'll be able to hitconfirm after the first lands on CH. On several occasions I've been able to CH 5A > j.B > 5B. It's really nice.

I've also been throwing j.B a bit earlier as I jump up to close up pressure. You can throw out a j.A as you descend or hitconfirm into assault dive. Just know that you don't have to be at the peak of a jump or after an air dash to get good use of j.B when pressuring depending on how your opponent is acting.

Get used to recognizing when 5A can't combo into 5B or 5AA at max range and do A-Kill Rush. If you find yourself unable to really close that gap with footsies, just go for the A-Kill Rush right away after poking with 5A and 2A if you're comfortable with A-Kill Rush Pressure.

KazukiFafnir pointed this out earlier, but use Sweep and AOA before Kill Rush more often. It really helps in setting the pace.

A-Kill Rush at max range into 4A is nice because you're not up close. I did 5B afterward a few times tonight and the opponent's 5A whiffed and got tagged by the second hit of 5B.

Finally got some great use out of Caesar tonight.

5C at max range on wakeup can be really scary. When you have the time and room it's basically a safe overhead. If they roll, you have time to fatal counter. It beats or is a safe attack against several furious actions as well. When they start blocking, Duck in and throw or do what you like to do. Wanna amp it up? 214 [C] first and add a Cyclone level you can dash or Caesar out of it.

I've been doing this after a Combo > B-Corkscrew in the corner. It puts you at perfect range. That frame data says 2C has better block frames. I'll be interested in seeing how that works out.

I've been doing 5D after landing Corkscrew mid screen. It provides unpredictable situations which is nice. Twice tonight I got people to furious action, then they super canceled. It doesn't auto correct so they sailed over me and whiffed. You can hold it and I've been trying to do weird stuff with that. Nothing great except you can sorta do unsafe stuff and they'll get pulled away. I did Air Assault that crossed up--which is bad because the second hit usually whiffs--but then did 4CD for an invincible crossup, it was pretty sweet.

I like to do 4D or 6C_D after landing 5AAA in the air. You can setup some neat crossups depending on how they tech. The safe thing is to go right back to 5AA but I've been messing with 5C and 5D for really weird nonsense. They're cool setups if you know what your opponent is gonna do. 6CD or 4C > 5C > 4B_CD is nice for defensive players. Furious action after ducking for aggressive recoverers. I also wanna try 5AA>2B>5D since they're up higher. Ideally you'd just go into a combo from anti-air 5A but I often trigger 5AAA by accident.

Kinda rambly, but this has been working for me. I like to play characters creatively so it may not be best for everyone. Hope to see you all online and let us know what's working for you too!

I just learned how to punish all the moves that everyone online loves to spam, block forever into 5-7k fatal combos.

Pretty ezpz.

A-Kill Rush in general is a surprisingly good tool for approaching, especially if you've tagged them with a little 5A blockstun. But even raw, it works really well. Even if your opponent jumps as you do it, it's still not the easiest thing to punish unless they have a decently fast, long range air attack that hits below them (a la Kanji/Mitsuru).

The best advice I can give for mixups is just to take all of the individual options that you have and throw them together in as many ways as possible. It makes you difficult to accurately read, and can really confuse your opponents.

Of course, the frequency you do certain things should probably be limited by how unsafe they are, lol

As a basic example, a lot of players expect something like 236A > 4A > 6C > C+D. So, if you swap out the C+D for B+D, you can tag either their throw break attempt or hop.

Another example, you could do something like 236A > 4A > 4D > 6D > C+D. Fake them out by weaving away, then duck in for a throw.

And of course, all kinds of options and traps exist once you've got the meter.

Also, from what I can tell, you can work Lvl 3 AoA into your plan and still have it come out faster than just going into Lvl 2.

When I was testing it out in training mode, 236A > 4A > 4C > AoA seems to genuinely be faster than 236A > 4A > AoA if you cancel it properly.

Don't know if this is already been said/known but if akihiko is paralyzed you can do his lightning power up to remove the paralysis!!!

Don't know if this is already been said/known but if akihiko is paralyzed you can do his lightning power up to remove the paralysis!!!

Wow awesomeness btw sorry if this has benn mentioned before but does anyone know a good combo for when you read a Yukikos Dia