Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Combo & Gameplay Discussion Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcD_t4xaCOk

I made a combo video :<

But the main applicable thing that you can get from this is the super jump confirm with 2B sj.a j.b[1] OMC j.b[2] 5aaa blah. Let's you get more damage for less meter than doing dive into supers... I think...

If not midscreen, then corner it let's you get level 3 super so bleh :<

I was kinda thinking the way combos are organized is a little cluttered so I was thinking about trying to reorganize them in a different way. We already have it organized by the starter which isn't too bad, but after that it kinda gets cluttered and it's hard to get anything out of it.

I was thinking of separating it into "combo filler" and "enders" so to speak. Basically order the combo fillers and enders based on the amount of proration that they can be done at before the combo drops.

So to read it, you would essentially just follow the flow chart as to in order to find the right combo. Of course, there should be notes explaining how sweep enders are better for Oki, Corkscrew mid screen is for damage mainly, and other notes like that.

So potentially, it would look something like this.

Anything with a BD ender will generally go into a super since they generally tech out in the air by the end.

Combo Filler

236AB > (long stun ground)

236A > (normal ground)

(Standing go into ground enders)

(5B(1) j.B) * 3 5B

(Crouching, go into air enders)

5B(1) 236B > (long stun ground)

Enders

(ground)

2AB

2AB 236A 6B

Cyclone 1

4A 6B

(long stun ground)

Cyclone 1

6(C\D) BD (5B j.B) > air ender

4B 6(C\D) 6B > super (Lvl 3)

(air)

Cyclone 0

5AA 2AB 236A 6B

5AA 2AB

2B sj.A j.B 214A

5AA 2AB BD > super (Lvl 1)

5AAA BD > super (Lvl 2)

5AAAA BD > super (Lvl 3)

Cyclone 1

6B

6D 6A (Char specific)

This is still a work in progress, but I think it's a little better?

It could work, but maybe for those who understand good combo theory, things like SMP and the starter can get in the way and effectively omit some combo routes.

I think the combos serve themselves nicely as a way to not only practice the combos, but understand Akihiko's combo theory. After a while, they wouldn't need the combo thread, they would just need to know a few factors.

1. Did the starter require meter?

2. What's the proration?

3. Was it a fatal counter?

Edit: Come to think of it, I could contract some of the details, like any combo that involves the usual (236a => 4a => 6b) can be shortened as "kill rush" or a different term to mean as such, I could do the same for "5b loop", "2b loop" "midscreen ender" (5aaa => a => [4c => 6b/bd => cyclone]), "corner ender", etc.

I'll have to mention character specifics though.

Yea, that's kinda what I mean. Not going to lie, the list looks kinda intimidating because of how long it is. There's just alot of text to parse which is kinda weird because there's alot of parts in combos that repeat. There's no real need to retype those or anything, so instead we could just put it off in it's own sort of section to separate it out.

Better yet, I'll just list the "must learn" combos, like the bnb, AoA combo, Fatal combo, etc. Then I'll list specific circumstance moves, like x on CH, cross-up stiff, SP moves and the like.

Originally, I took all those combos from the jp wiki, but since Akihiko is now optimized, we really dont need all those combos, I'll clean it up in the next couple days.

One of you attack Domi and get the technology out of him.

I'm saving my one free Attack on Japan moment to get Tomo or Die-Chan from playing in top 8. someone else will have to steal tech from Domi for me.

What resets/mix ups do you guys use? I know every Akihiko player has at least one they use. I'm familiar with the most the resets into 2B after a corkscrew in the corner. I'm just wondering if there are any other I can utilize to step up my game.

one of my personal favorites is grab > hook > EX duck for the crossup.

I try not to do it too often and people seem to be looking more for the C duck into another grab reset, so it works every time

one of my personal favorites is grab > hook > EX duck for the crossup.

I try not to do it too often and people seem to be looking more for the C duck into another grab reset, so it works every time

Thanks, man. I've been trying out that mix up ok some people an it's worked a few times for me. Shout outs to all the Akihiko players at Evo. The Top 32 was nuts. Apparently we have a lot of strong players in the US, who knew.

Thanks, man. I've been trying out that mix up ok some people an it's worked a few times for me. Shout outs to all the Akihiko players at Evo. The Top 32 was nuts. Apparently we have a lot of strong players in the US, who knew.

Indeed. Shoutouts to all of them and specially Domi. He was really fun to watch, good job putting Aki in that Top 8!

Also that Closeout Blow on Tokido's Burst son.

When I was watching the stream, one of the commentators mentioned Domi saying that Akihiko doesn't have bad match ups, he didn't mean it in the literal sense, he said that Akihiko's strengths are so great that if you can make up for his weaknesses you can win any match up or

something to that effect. What I want to know is how exactly do you make up for Akihiko's weaknesses in those "bad" match ups?

When I was watching the stream, one of the commentators mentioned Domi saying that Akihiko doesn't have bad match ups, he didn't mean it in the literal sense, he said that Akihiko's strengths are so great that if you can make up for his weaknesses you can win any match up or

something to that effect. What I want to know is how exactly do you make up for Akihiko's weaknesses in those "bad" match ups?

I did a ton of analyzing of Domi, and I think the answer is (amongst others) movement and spacing. Moving around right can get you through your opponent's blind spots and spacing keeps you safe, people also expect cross ups less if you're further away, I noticed a lot of spaced 5c, as well as interesting bits like duck sweep, jump assault dive (during pressure), it's like once he got in, he kept his pressure short and sweet, really did he keep in their face for too long trying to figure out how to open them up, he seemed to have a fresh plan in place to do that before he ever got close to them. It was all pretty interesting.

I need to go back and watch vods because I was at work. I'm sad I didn't get to see it live. Shoutouts to Domi for reppin the fists proud.

New corner combo for Aki that replaces our previous FC 50SP corner combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAk330-a6kg&t=2m10s

I'm having the hardest time doing this combo.. i can't get the very last part (killrush, hook, cork) Sometimes I get the hook, but then they tech out.

Is this char. specific? I'm trying it on narukami, and I can't get it at all -__-

Just keep at it if you really want to learn it!

Get it down against Narukami and then see if it works against the other characters.

This is probably outdated, but I managed to milk more damage from Lv.3 A/SB Hook starter:

Lv3 A/SB Hook> dash 2B> [5B> j.B]x3 > 5AA> Sweep> 214C> 6A

Does like 3.7k and more on the SB version. Makes SB Duck cross> Lv.3 4A much more dangerous.

This is probably outdated, but I managed to milk more damage from Lv.3 A/SB Hook starter:

Lv3 A/SB Hook> dash 2B> [5B> j.B]x3 > 5AA> Sweep> 214C> 6A

Does like 3.7k and more on the SB version. Makes SB Duck cross> Lv.3 4A much more dangerous.

iirc, there is a higher damage version that could net you around 4k (a hook) to almost 6k (SB).

Feel free to test this out.

lvl 3 a/sb hook > duck > unblockable b hook > weave > dp > [5b > j.b] x2 > [5aaa > cork (midscreen) / 5aa > sweep > a KR > cork (corner)]

Of course you can break 6/8k with meter.

This version certainly deals better damage, but "my" version is better for midscreen because you can run up, or switch sides, after the Hook to drag them to corner from anywhere.