Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Combo & Gameplay Discussion Thread

is it actually worth learning his corner fatal combos? I'm still doing the trial one (since I rarely land fatal's on people anyways :v:) its around 5.6k with lvl3 Uppercut at the end not sure how much bar it builds. I mean I'll learn them soon regardless there is just other stuff I wanna experiment with.

is it actually worth learning his corner fatal combos? I'm still doing the trial one (since I rarely land fatal's on people anyways :v:) its around 5.6k with lvl3 Uppercut at the end not sure how much bar it builds. I mean I'll learn them soon regardless there is just other stuff I wanna experiment with.

I would think so because of the damage output they give and you know baiting stupid DPs especially in the corner and how some people go off on that desperate stuff

I get fatal 5B all the time. this is my favorite corner fatal combo, makes people shit bricks to see.

I think the really hard part about 5b fatal is confirming it off random shit (like beating out a normal in a frametrap.... Getting it off a dp or something is pretty simple (depending on the dp)

I think the really hard part about 5b fatal is confirming it off random shit (like beating out a normal in a frametrap.... Getting it off a dp or something is pretty simple (depending on the dp)

Well it's not so bad considering you don't have to cancel 5B into Killrush B for it to combo, you can delay the Killrush B just enough it'll still hit if they block opt for sweep, 2B or KillRush A.

Huh. Did anyone else know that LVL3 Duck has upper body invincibility? Saw it here. This could actually be useful since it looks extremely similar to the cross-up setup, duck > weave > EX duck > corkscrew.

@Eshi

I thought all of them had some amount. Perhaps the height of the hitbox shrinks or maybe full invincibility to certain attack types like you said. In the next match, he does lv3 Ducking over and over again, I wonder if he was fishing for a Furious Action.

Used 214A_B against Aigis bullets a bunch last night. Simply rolling might be better, but at that range it felt like a good idea! Don't forget to cancel into something cool after the armor activates (thumbs up are cool too though).

Confirming it? The game says fatal, you get like a good 50 frames to follow up afterwards. It's really easy to confirm fatal 5B since you're already gonna do 236A on block.

wait you can do the 236a -> c duck -> b+d?

I didn't realize that, also always doing killrush on blocked 5b is super scrubby and should get you lit up if you do it everytime.

@eshi yeah all the ducks def have some upper body invulnerability what it looks like is that from teh range he ducked he must have just avoided that hitbox using just that cause if he was right next he probably would have gotten clipped by the big ass square.

Wow, I just figured out a crazy weird glitch. I was practicing CH 2B hit confirms (on aegis jumping) with this combo:

2B > jumb back airdash jB > 5B > jB > 5AAA > A Hook > C Duck > B Corkscrew

But if Aegis is high in the air by the time B Corkscrew connects, instead of wall splatting in the corner she flies in the other directions and wall splats the opposite wall. As if the corksrew hit her from the other side. o_O

wait you can do the 236a -> c duck -> b+d?

I didn't realize that, also always doing killrush on blocked 5b is super scrubby and should get you lit up if you do it everytime.

@eshi yeah all the ducks def have some upper body invulnerability what it looks like is that from teh range he ducked he must have just avoided that hitbox using just that cause if he was right next he probably would have gotten clipped by the big ass square.

What other options do we have after blocked 5b? Also what can they do to blow us up for doing killrush everytime? Wouldn't it be worth it to constantly be mixing them up with killrush follow-ups?

Well you can interrupt any block string into killrush with dp or super or other invinicble attack some people may get more off this tactic than others do. But no blocksting into kill rush is safe afaik.

After a blocked 5c you can cancel into sweep or into st. C for a mixup, you can also then cancel the sweep or other things. You can also cancel straight into weave or duck. Or just let it be blocked, I don't think its that negative where any old thing will punish you.

One thing ive seen alot of people do is do, 5c (blocked) 2c (blocked) delay sweep and then if thats blocked just let it ride or occasionally cancel into killrush

@eishi

That kind of glitch is pretty common for wall splat moves. Its cool that happens though, I wonder if you can purposefully setup raw crossup corkscrew off an air reset.

Just sharing some minor tips:

If you're going to use 5C (Caesar Slash), do it crouching. Comes out in the exact same number of frames, and much harder to block because people instinctively block low when looking at a crouching opponent. Also, if you are in the corner, 5C from a crouch is unblockable because Caesar slashes with an overhead from outside the screen while you're crouching there.

On a blocked kill rush, don't boomerang hook into All-Out-Attack, do a duck first. This will fake out the players who expect a grab, and if they try to tech your grab they are going to be in for a nasty surprise instead.

I've found the AAAAA combo with the multiple "crossups" (you can block them holding only one direction) to be very good for mixups because the opponent really feels the fear and they tend to be a bit more panicky watching you go back and forth.

Just sharing some minor tips:

If you're going to use 5C (Caesar Slash), do it crouching. Comes out in the exact same number of frames, and much harder to block because people instinctively block low when looking at a crouching opponent. Also, if you are in the corner, 5C from a crouch is unblockable because Caesar slashes with an overhead from outside the screen while you're crouching there.

On a blocked kill rush, don't boomerang hook into All-Out-Attack, do a duck first. This will fake out the players who expect a grab, and if they try to tech your grab they are going to be in for a nasty surprise instead.

I've found the AAAAA combo with the multiple "crossups" (you can block them holding only one direction) to be very good for mixups because the opponent really feels the fear and they tend to be a bit more panicky watching you go back and forth.

Ah, one thing to note, 5C hitbox is better than 2C, and can confirm combo on CH in the corner. 2C doesn't have either of those draws. Most commonly, I agree, 2C is better mix up.

Good stuff, Dacid and Eshi. Will definitely try some B boomerang hooks. I've been punishing blocked furious actions in a bad way and I've finally conditioned my friends to stop mashing furious actions, so that might come in handy.

One thing I find about Akihiko is the way I play him is very... othrodox and textbook. Too straightforward. I'm trying to put some stupid shenanigans into my playing, like spending meter on stupid things or running with silly mixups that shouldn't theoretically work. If you guys have any stupid ideas feel free to share them!

Ah, one thing to note, 5C hitbox is better than 2C, and can confirm combo on CH in the corner. 2C doesn't have either of those draws. Most commonly, I agree, 2C is better mix up.

Wait, is 2C faster than 5C?

LATE EDIT: Also, I got a question. Wondering what the best combo would be if I landed a lvl 2 CH corkscrew blow? It puts them in a crumple state, however I don't know how the scaling works when a raw corkscrew hits.

I seem to have more luck with 5C so far. Mainly because of range. Also 5C is faster than 2C according to the frame data listed here. What am I missing?

is it hard for anyone to fight yukikos'? I mean usually my goal is to break their personas first and then rush down before the recovery.

You can confirm CH 5c and 2c anywhere.

I don't think many people know that it's dash cancellable.

Forward and back.

You can confirm CH 5c and 2c anywhere.

I don't think many people know that it's dash cancellable.

Forward and back.

Yeah, actually just figured that out not long ago after watching the CPU do it randomly lol.