Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Combo & Gameplay Discussion Thread

You can confirm CH 5c and 2c anywhere.

I don't think many people know that it's dash cancellable.

Forward and back.

wat. WAT. Shit that's awesome. just on hit or on block too?

It is cool for combos. But it doesn't work out as well as you'd think on block.. though I guess you can backdash cancel it.

I think 5C/2C vs Kanji in the corner is kinda cool. He can't do a lot at max range and you can just dash cancel into another or any other thing to make him stay.

You'd be surprised how much Kanji can do to you at max range of 5C and even more so at 2C if it is blocked or whiffed. @.@ Besides from using 5C/2C in mix-up, I probably never use it as a spacing tool because his 5C just owns Aki. I never tried back dashing a blocked 5C/2C though, so that's pretty cool to have an option to escape a punish.

NOT cancelling any C near Kanji or anyone is bad lol. Doing a j.C in Kanji's face is dumb, free command grabs all day.

Does anyone know the best way to finish this combo...(meter + no meter)

FC 5b,236+b,f+d,b+d, 55b(2hit),2b, SJC, B(1-hit) qcb+b, b+c,f+d,f+a? Currently if I want meter you can cancel there, or no meter do 236+c,f+a for 4225...I saw someone doing f+d, b+d after the dive attack but I couldn't get that to connect anywhere but the corner. Anyone else know what they do?

Edit: if you get corner distance right you can link a sweep after the wallbounce into lvl 1 super into lvl 2 super!

Does anyone know the best way to finish this combo...(meter + no meter)

FC 5b,236+b,f+d,b+d, 55b(2hit),2b, SJC, B(1-hit) qcb+b, b+c,f+d,f+a? Currently if I want meter you can cancel there, or no meter do 236+c,f+a for 4225...I saw someone doing f+d, b+d after the dive attack but I couldn't get that to connect anywhere but the corner. Anyone else know what they do?

Edit: if you get corner distance right you can link a sweep after the wallbounce into lvl 1 super into lvl 2 super!

At 1:20 is the combo you should be doing in the corner.

http://www.twitch.tv/mixupnight/b/329277064

I dunno if i've ever seen someone do it midscreen though, i normally see J.B loops

Yeah I saw that combo just a bit ago from Kubo def do that one. I think my midscreen does more than j.b loop it is also much easier.... or harder if you want to do double super.

Another good midscreen FC combo I seen Kubo do is 5b FC > b.KR > duck > b+d > 2b > j.b > 5aaaa > c.Weave > lvl3 a.Corkscrew > sweep

Gives good oki, that's the only real advantage. You might be able to do 2 loops of 2b > j.b not sure though

You'd be surprised how much Kanji can do to you at max range of 5C and even more so at 2C if it is blocked or whiffed. @.@ Besides from using 5C/2C in mix-up, I probably never use it as a spacing tool because his 5C just owns Aki. I never tried back dashing a blocked 5C/2C though, so that's pretty cool to have an option to escape a punish.

Kanji's 5c > 2c is unsafe.

You can 2a the 2c easy. At max range (or any range that's outside of 5b's reach), Kanji has no safe options after it.

Another good midscreen FC combo I seen Kubo do is 5b FC > b.KR > duck > b+d > 2b > j.b > 5aaaa > c.Weave > lvl3 a.Corkscrew > sweep

Gives good oki, that's the only real advantage. You might be able to do 2 loops of 2b > j.b not sure though

Ending any combo with Sweep like that leads to a sweet gimmick where if they're teching as soon as possible you Sweep into C or D Duck into 2B for an unblockable air unblockable set up

You can confirm CH 5c and 2c anywhere.

I don't think many people know that it's dash cancellable.

Forward and back.

Ah.. I know it.. I don't know if I did at the time of the post. Lol.

Still, I doubt you can hit confirm a 2C combo? 2C dash forward sounds pretty dangerous without confirm

Ah.. I know it.. I don't know if I did at the time of the post. Lol.

Still, I doubt you can hit confirm a 2C combo? 2C dash forward sounds pretty dangerous without confirm

It's safe. Even if they block and you forward dash, just be ready to tech a throw. Otherwise probably only command grabs could punish you. And even if you backdash your 2C and you get a counterhit, to can still follow up with kill rush. And yeah iw2ma, I peeped that setup not too long ago from Kubo, seems to be pretty freakin good off lvl3 corkscrew unless you just wanna super for damage.

It's safe. Even if they block and you forward dash, just be ready to tech a throw. Otherwise probably only command grabs could punish you. And even if you backdash your 2C and you get a counterhit, to can still follow up with kill rush. And yeah iw2ma, I peeped that setup not too long ago from Kubo, seems to be pretty freakin good off lvl3 corkscrew unless you just wanna super for damage.

ohhhh good info, thanks!

ohhhh good info, thanks!

Kill rush follow up to ch C attacks is best tech from japan. Just remember to watch the distance and use the appropriate one (A or EX)

Is there a place where I can see Akihiko's full frame data? the wiki is kinda incomplete and im interested to know how safe/unsafe are his killrush followups, specially on higher cyclone levels.

Is there a place where I can see Akihiko's full frame data? the wiki is kinda incomplete and im interested to know how safe/unsafe are his killrush followups, specially on higher cyclone levels.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but someone had sent this to me from here. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14480-Akihiko-Technical-amp-Gameplay-Discussion-Thread&p=1378162&viewfull=1#post1378162

Unrelated to anything, but was it always known that you could cancel the landing recovery for j.C with a weave (and a duck probably, or EX duck/weave, I'm guessing even with killrush too)? You can see it in the first match of this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e20eLt0cyd8&list=PL733D8838C2A53726&index=5&feature=plpp_video that was posted in the Mitsuru matchup thread a while ago. I mean maybe everyone already knew but I was like oh that's convenient. lol

JUST DONT LISTEN TO ME AGH

Wait... It was mentioned somewhere that you could cancel the landing recovery of short hope with kill rush (I tested, all specials will work). And all characters can do this. Does this mean that all moves below specials (Since it wouldn't make sense if Yu can do a DP then do another special/DP on landing) that would give you landing recovery can be canceled with a special? Hmmmmmmmm...

Yeah I was kind of wondering about that with other characters too lol. I mean you can cancel his short hop with ducking or weaving too, so idk I wouldn't exactly expect Akihiko to be the only character that can do that sort of thing.