Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Q&A/FAQ Thread

jC works surprisingly well in this matchup...Probably big ass hit range, High reward Higher risk though imo. Afaik you could also punish his kunai stuff with Killrush A/EX or atleast be at his face lol

lol my name's Shelled, but don't worry about it. Kirk's pretty much right, you're probably better off waiting for the opponent to get sloppy while poking at you so you can get a solid confirm into oki. SOME OKI, JUST ANY OKI ON YOSUKE PLEASE.

Yosuke can die in a pit with Mitsuru

@Shelled: Oh crap! lol Typo my bad, I'm like rushing since I'm kinda late for my 1 hour class. x_X The patient game? We all love that lol I swear to gawd I'ma rape him if I run into another Yosuke. >:/ Yeah, Kirk was totally right on using J.C in air but its a gamble as he put it. I can land a hard shot or the Yosuke can input Jariah tackle lol Good to know though. :3 You hate Mitsuru? I haven't fought a decent one as of yet. Is she a bad matchup against Akihiko? :o

For the combo 5b > 236a+b => 6d => b+d > 5b > j.b > 5aa > 2a+b > 236a => 6b, does anyone happen to have any tips for getting the 5a to connect after the j.b? Also how crucial is this to Aki's game?

delay the jB slightly(hit about atleast 20% left on the hitstun counter), pretty much similar to his loop but more lenient. At any case if you're going to learn the 5b>jb loops, it would be pretty much autopilot the timing for the jB>5a , so yeah you could also learn that instead.

delay the jB slightly(hit about atleast 20% left on the hitstun counter), pretty much similar to his loop but more lenient. At any case if you're going to learn the 5b>jb loops, it would be pretty much autopilot the timing for the jB>5a , so yeah you could also learn that instead.

When i jump should it be as soon as the 5b finishes or delay the jump also?

As soon as it finishes.

Only the j.b is delayed.

hmm I realized something while trying to practice the 5b, j.b loops. I don't know if it's me, but if you try to practice the loops on their own, i.e. weave, dash, bd (for lvl 2) it doesn't seem to work...but when i try it in full combo it works perfectly :S Also I'm wondering, is there a reason my air combo dive attack ending isnt connecting? I've tried j.a, j.b (2 hits) dive, and even j.b, j.b (2 hits), j.a dive but still doesnt connect :S

Edit: Guess what I meant was you need hit stun from EX kill rush, and nvm seems like it's gotta be j.a, j.b(1), dive

Are there any good mid-screen b+d combos? Pref lvl 2 B+D? (with meter or without, doesn't matter) With that said, what's a decent follow up? Just like j.b to dive?

When using 236CD during a blockstring does it crossup still?

Just tested a couple of situations. It depends on how far you pushed them during the blockstring.

5a > 5b > 2b > 2a+b > 236C+D WON'T cross up. They get pushed too far back. But something shorter:

5a > 5b > 2b > 236C+D WILL cross up. Hope that helps.

How exactly do his counters work? The 214A or 214B

The counters, after you get hit while it is active, has the same follow-ups as kill rush.

So anything you can do after kill rush, you can do after a successful counter.

^Its a microdash. Input the 66 dash command during the recovery of BD and press 5B right away. Its really just figuring out when you can dash out of the BD and its pretty straightforward. If it helps, tap 6 and then quickly tap 6+B together to get the dash and 5B in.

I try to hit the dash and B almost simultaneously. I pretty much mash the direction and 5B as quick as possible. I think getting used to the timing as the opponent falls after the B+D helps a lot and pretty soon it should be autopilot for you. Learning Akihiko's FC 5B loops can help familiarize yourself with the timing.

Yeah, his loops are really easy once you get the hang of them. Or have one of those combo epiphanies where you're like "ohhh that's how you do it" lol. P4A also makes it easy since akihiko barely has any directional input normals at neutral. He really only has 2B and 2C (which is almost the same as 5C), so you don't have to worry about letting go of the forward input when you do microdash 5B.

Can anyone show me the inputs they put in when doing a 5b> 2c> sjc im having a little trouble doing his trial i believe it was 28

Guys found some tech, pretty scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBkGoIU0c-k

At roughly 3:10, he does a crossup superarmor attack. He didn't even go for the optimal damage combo, which does 5k, or 7.5k if you add 100 tension. That is some nasty shit.

Looking at it, keeping the cyclone gauge from his assault dive by cancelling into a weave, he then did the EX duck into EX boomerang hook, putting them in crumple for the next combo.

Combo I would have done starting with the EX boomerang hook is:

4AB>6C>4B(hold)>4D>Double Upper>5B>JB>(land)5AA>2AB>Kill Rush A>6B(5.1kdmg)>(optional cyclone upper~5.9k)>(optional cyclone upper~7.5k)

Limitations for this is of course you need your boomerang hook to be at lvl 3, doesn't even have to be the EX version to get the crumple. Unblockable B version won't net you this combo though, the combo will drop. Best you can do from the unblockable B is go into a kill rush into corkscrew > as many cyclone uppers as you can.

1 setup from kill rush(blocked):

kill rush> boomerang hook > EX ducking > boomerang hook - this one is a crossup that cant be reacted to. easy almost 5k for 25% tension. Tack on 25% for the EX boomerang hook and you get super armor. Unfortunately, they can AC slide through this.

Overall, nice setup that should really put a lot of fear in your opponents hearts once you put them in kill rush blockstun. 5k from a crossup costing only 25% tension? Yes please.

If you guys have any other setups, do share!

Okay, basic question: What is Aki's Cyclone gauge and how do I raise it? What do the levels do? I see it raise up to 1 when I hold the button to charge Boomerang Hook and I see the number change sometimes, I'd just like more details.

Geeeeeeeez its almost like there's new tech everyday!

An EX duck doesn't cross up after a boomerang hook off a kill rush though so I'll have to keep that in mind. I swear there are so many mix-ups after a blocked kill rush that even I feel sorry for the opponent.

@Pegs: Yes, you have to microdash after the B+D which can be done by ALMOST simultaneously inputting the dash and 5B.

@Drill: "Akihiko can cancel certain Skill Attacks into each other. Each cancel increases the gauge by 1 (max level 3). Certain attacks deal more damage and gain special properties depending on the level."

For example, by a kill rush into a boomerang hook, you gain 1 cyclone level. You can increase it further by cancelling the hook into a duck or weave into ANOTHER hook and if you want, another weave. You can see how the levels rise and lower if you Duck> weave> duck> weave etc. Furthermore, you can tell if your attack gained any properties by looking at the colored outline around Akihiko when using an attack. Blue for level 1, purple for level 2, and red for level 3.

I'm still kind of new to the game but i hope this helps, haha.