Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Q&A/FAQ Thread

What up everyone :)

New to this game but liking a lot so far

after playing SSF4 for the last 3 years it is time for a change!

Would there be any situation you would use instant kill

not really.. it's 100% gimmick as far as i know

i troll people with maziodyne>instant kill on netplay and it works, but you can just literally spam dodge to not get hit by it haha

Kanji's oki is a dice roll.

does anyone know how to do the 5b j.b repeat after a level 2 uppercut? I cant seem to connect the 5b after the j.b so i have to do a delay 5a after 5b into a 2b sjc

I don't think he has any advantageous match ups.

Like he has a few even and most slight disadvantage.

Agreed. There isn't a match where you won't have to earn your win. Be patient, get in there and kill them in 2-3 combos.

@Umareru: For that cross up combo at 3:10 he didnt use meter for a boomerang hook because the a version at lvl 3 gives crumple anyway. Also its pretty tricky to do because you have to input the boomerang hook as if you were still on the right side, or you will just get a corckscrew, excellent cross up though. And can anyone help me with trial 28 2b sjc?

Yeah, he keeps the glow from the ex duck when doing the boomerang hook. However, I think it could be a good idea to throw the meter into the EX hook anyway, because it gives you superarmor AND it gives a hell lot more damage. For comparison, you get 4.2k off a lvl 3 boomerang hook A, and 5.1k off the EX. If I had 150 meter to blow, that's probably where I'd do it, on an 8k combo off a superarmor crossup.

@confusedxphreak: when you say slight do you mean split second or quarter second (in comparison of course)

@Umareru: yea bro I just don't know any combos i can use that in except the lvl 2 throw im trying to figure one out after an ex kill rush

Uh. lol. I don't know how to quantify it, but just keep trying different delays. If you feel like you confirmed the 5B early after the Double Upper and the opponent techs before the j.B, you're going too slow. If the opponent techs before the next 5B, 2B, or 5A, you're probably hitting the j.B too early.

Edit: The timing of the 5B isn't really important, so focus on the j.B.

During his Kill Rush pressure, does he have any answers to them jumping out of it during Ducks and Weaves while pressing their generic Air-To-Ground move?

Short Hop and 2B come out too slowly after ducks and weaves, and Corkscrew has to be done insanely quickly.

Parry is pretty situational, honestly.

It's at its best when you can use it on reaction, as it nullifies a lot when it connects.

I tend to find this most useful against projectile heavy characters (Elizabeth and Yukiko), along with Mitsuru (it's a bit trickier to time, but the benefits can help you with the matchup).

As an example, if you parry the first hit of Elizabeth's beam, none of the other hits can touch you, and you can plow right through her and her persona with corkscrew followup. Granted, you have to be fairly close to do that (or have 25 SP), but it serves as an example.

Parry is situational, weave is situational, ducking.... you know what, most everything in fighting games is situational. Recognize the situation and react to it. Anyways if you block Elizabeths beam, Im pretty sure you have enough time to 236 d>6b. If you KNOW shes going to beam you. Just do ex cork screw and take half her life.

Parry is situational, weave is situational, ducking.... you know what, most everything in fighting games is situational. Recognize the situation and react to it. Anyways if you block Elizabeths beam, Im pretty sure you have enough time to 236 d>6b. If you KNOW shes going to beam you. Just do ex cork screw and take half her life.

Only the A version of Liz's beam is massively negative, and good Lizs will OMC it for safety. B and EX version are plus on block, so yeah, don't duck and corkscrew unless you want to eat 4k.

The reason I specifically describe parry as situational is simply because it's more so than a lot of his other options.

You shouldn't be using parry all the time. I would gladly block and look for an opportunity later than get punished for a misread parry.

It's best used when you need that extra leg up to get in (such as against Mitsuru), or when it's basically guaranteed (be something telegraphed, conditioned, habitual, etc.).

Most everything people do is habitual. Even they're seemingly CRAAAAZZZY air game, or oki or whatever else you wana say, seems to be random; its not. They do it on everyone else match after match. Figure it out, break it down, and crush they're face. Akihiko is a punisher. Even reaction is habitual. See how they react, they'll do it again. Its only human. IT WORKED THE first time, ill keep doing it till I get punished. Even if its a>c>z>f. Guess what. You'll see the a>c>z>f again.

Fighting predictable players is no excuse for forming equally predictable habits.

Also, I don't get what you mean by describing reactions as "habitual." Sure, you can do a similar thing on reaction, and I guess you could call that action habitual, but not the reaction itself. A reaction is what you do specifically when you see and register something that your opponent is actively doing. Anything else is a prediction.

Parry on reaction will always work. Parry on prediction won't.

False. Take Mitsurus sweep for example. If she knows your going to parry it(which you can't, its a low), but if she knows what your reaction WOULD be, she can cancel it, bait your counter, and punish you. Thats what I mean by even reactions are habitual. Then you've been conditioned to just block the sweep all together. Then she can just cancel into a throw. Then you knowing that you try to hit her first. Then she stops canceling it. Its all a habitual chain of reactions. Whats important about this, is if your in their head predicting their reaction.

does akihiko's parry (214A/B) have counterhit-able start-up frames? I'm testing it on block strings and training mode and keep getting counterhit. I'm 99% sure I'm not just missing inputs.

also, zyphur, what you're describing is NOT reaction, it is prediction. reaction is like seeing the start-up on elizabeth's lazers specifically and immediately parrying it. There is no guessing involved by definition.