Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Q&A/FAQ Thread

You can also roll through the orb safely.  If you are paralyzed and he tries to IK you rolling back and forth through the orb until it ends is the best way to avoid it also

hey does anyone know the frames for blocked 5c > dash cancel? is that a thing people even measure?

Wiki says dash cancel has 21 frames of recovery, it doesn't list frame adv.  I'm going to assume that because 5C has 19 frames of blockstun (5 active + 19 recovery - 19 blockstun = 5) , dash cancel would be -2.  It would be even more on a charged 5C.

If someone else knows more please correct me. -2 seems pretty safe for such an option...

Wiki says dash cancel has 21 frames of recovery, it doesn't list frame adv. I'm going to assume that because 5C has 19 frames of blockstun (5 active + 19 recovery - 19 blockstun = 5) , dash cancel would be -2. It would be even more on a charged 5C.

If someone else knows more please correct me. -2 seems pretty safe for such an option...

5C has 5 active frames and 19 recovery frames, and is -5. Assuming the move hits on the first active frame, it has a net of (4+19=23) recovery. Dash cancel reduces it to 21, which means it's 2 frames safer. So it's -3, not -2.

It's relatively safe - if you see them block you rush in and block, if they get hit then you laugh and praise the protein gods. People with absurdly slow 5A's / too much respect however you can slap around easier. Doesnt matter if its 5C or [5C], they are both the same -3, since you are canceling out of the move and dashing forward after the hit itself, making [5C] more unsafe (longer startup = people can react to it before its out)

It's relatively safe - if you see them block you rush in and block, if they get hit then you laugh and praise the protein gods. People with absurdly slow 5A's / too much respect however you can slap around easier. Doesnt matter if its 5C or [5C], they are both the same -3, since you are canceling out of the move and dashing forward after the hit itself, making [5C] more unsafe (longer startup = people can react to it before its out)

As Minazuki, I'm practically terrified of Akihiko even if I'm +3.

As Minazuki, I'm practically terrified of Akihiko even if I'm +3.

Haha well, even if you dont IB that situation you have a 5 frame 5A(i think?) so -3 means i have 3 frames + 5 frames until my 5A hits - therefore with a well timed 5A you'll counter hit akihiko. A smart aki will not dash in gunsablazing for he'll get hit - however he CAN use 5C dash in as a sort of pressure tool since its relatively safe (aka: worst case scenario you start pressuring me, but im NOT getting hit)

Haha well, even if you dont IB that situation you have a 5 frame 5A(i think?) so -3 means i have 3 frames + 5 frames until my 5A hits - therefore with a well timed 5A you'll counter hit akihiko. A smart aki will not dash in gunsablazing for he'll get hit - however he CAN use 5C dash in as a sort of pressure tool since its relatively safe (aka: worst case scenario you start pressuring me, but im NOT getting hit)

Minazuki's/Sho's 5A is 9 frames. His 2A is 7.

Minazuki's/Sho's 5A is 9 frames. His 2A is 7.

Huh! Well. Then your 5A wont work, but your 2A will work wonders.

That's a hard one to respond. There's many ways to efficiently pressure and create oki situations with akihiko! For example, off of corkscrew level 3 or 4 you can do a safe jump jB by dashing to the enemy, waiting when the enemy techs (he flashes white) then jump, jB (delayed to the ground as much as possible). Off of lv 1-2 corks its a bit harder to do with jB (but totally doable), however I prefer to do dash jA (because it gives me more time to do it, mkay guys?). And finally off of lv 5 you have so many options! My favorite is, however, calling 5D - simply because a lot of people feel VERY threatened by his presence. Even when you will do nothing - people think you have a setup off of it, and thus they become prone to screwing up. Other than that keep in mind stuff like hook B is a slight frame trap, and though not really a frame trap, doing Assault Dive B>hook A (when people are really respecting you) can lead to amusing results (free hook A fatal yay!)

Moved to archive section since this is from Persona 4 Arena... all Persona 4 Arena Ultimax discussion should be higher up. However you are still free to discuss P4A topics here so... yeah.