Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[P4A] Akihiko Q&A/FAQ Thread

I've completed all combos in Akihiko's challenge mode except No.28. I can't connect Stand B after Double Uppercut. In the demonstration i can swear he is moving slightly forward when doing it but i can't figure out how...can anyone help me?

I've been haven problems with this too.

@Umareru: For that cross up combo at 3:10 he didnt use meter for a boomerang hook because the a version at lvl 3 gives crumple anyway. Also its pretty tricky to do because you have to input the boomerang hook as if you were still on the right side, or you will just get a corckscrew, excellent cross up though. And can anyone help me with trial 28 2b sjc?

@GODHAND_Dean: its a quick dash inbetween in the uppercut. I also found the way to sjc cancel off a 2b. It seems like you have to input the 2b in the middle of 5b which gives you enough time to do a 5,2,8 input by the time 2b connects

Does Akihiko have any good matchups? His tiny range is so frustrating, and to confirm into a combo, I need to be right up next to them, otherwise the pushback will make me whiff. Also, the fact that his C and D buttons only have ONE function is a huge turnoff.

Is there some trick I'm not getting? Do his kill rush followups have more mixup potential than I realize? They seem pretty unsafe all around, as do most of his moves.

Does Akihiko have any good matchups? His tiny range is so frustrating, and to confirm into a combo, I need to be right up next to them, otherwise the pushback will make me whiff. Also, the fact that his C and D buttons only have ONE function is a huge turnoff.

Is there some trick I'm not getting? Do his kill rush followups have more mixup potential than I realize? They seem pretty unsafe all around, as do most of his moves.

In terms of the pushback making it hard to confirm a combo, try using 5aa more, the second hit has a vacuum effect that makes it far easier to confirm. In addition, if you are too far for this to connect, try to use 2b rather than 5b as it has longer horizontal range and cancel into kill rush A>4a>6b.

Off of killrush be sure to boomerang hook a and weave to keep up the pressure. My pressure usually consists of: 236A> 4A> 4D> whatever. I usually put the 4D in there to see what their reaction is. If they're mashing 2A corkscrew for a nice fatal, if they're blocking you can 6C back in there and go for a grab etc.

Off the top of my head i can think of... EX weave for a nice crossup, sweep after the boomerang hook, AOA, 6D weave, 6C grab, short hopping (haven;t really experimented with it), 4C unblockable Bhook etc.

Oh and is your title from that damn "TRAIN TRAIN I LOVE MY STATION" song? If so, it is now stuck in my head.

Also try using Kill Rush>A Boomerang Hook>EX Boomerang Hook to catch mashers for a near death combo on lower life characters if you have the meter.

That thing is the frame trap from hell.

I don't think he has any advantageous match ups.

Like he has a few even and most slight disadvantage.

I believe EX Boomerang Hook and EX Weave might, don't know if it's frame one.

Also his DP.

Well, you can always try to evade Kanji's throw instead of trying to beat it. You can vary your wake-up tech time to throw off his throws, you can jump, or you can do evasive action. Just know that Kanji has ways to counter what you're going to do, so always vary your wake-up to keep him guessing.

Dodge will get thrown.

AXIS, my sparring buddy plays Kanji. I know this to be fact from experience.

I'm trying to figure out how to safely mindfuck Kuma without him stuffing my kill rush follow-ups by mashing 2A.

His 2A beats all my options minus obviously Corkscrew and EX Boomerang Hook (since it has armor), normal Boomerang Hook can't be stuffed but it's there as a Cyclone Gauge filler anyway, need something good to do after it, hopefully meterless!

Also, any good air-to-air to deal with his item throwing?

j.a is your best air to air vs Kuma.

It's effectiveness may vary.

j.A's range is not enough against him, only if I yomi his jumps from close range lol.

What about the 236A follow-ups?

Can't really test it ATM but you can try an AOA off of a killrush if you know that he's going to be mashing 2A. Don't really remember how far his 2A reached but I would assume a 4D weave could work as well and cork for a fatal.

What about the 236A follow-ups?

As an air to air tool?

As an air to air tool?

Regrading my first question

Can't really test it ATM but you can try an AOA off of a killrush if you know that he's going to be mashing 2A. Don't really remember how far his 2A reached but I would assume a 4D weave could work as well and cork for a fatal.

AOA works great for this, used it many times already. It's unsafe though so trying to find something from the safe Kill Rush follow-ups would be better.

His 2A beats all my options minus obviously Corkscrew and EX Boomerang Hook (since it has armor), normal Boomerang Hook can't be stuffed but it's there as a Cyclone Gauge filler anyway, need something good to do after it, hopefully meterless!

?

mini-hop j.B

Special cancel the stupid landing recovery into kill rush.

D weave>5C might work too.

mini-hop j.B

Special cancel the stupid landing recovery into kill rush.

D weave>5C might work too.

That's really interesting, I'm still not very familiar with the system so I haven't thought about using hops, but it does look like it could be very effective.

Dodge will get thrown.

AXIS, my sparring buddy plays Kanji. I know this to be fact from experience.

Well, it all depends on if your opponent reads you and your spacing between him and you. I've used evasive action to evade his command grab and grab on wake-up before.

Lol well considering what'll happen if the situation's read wrong you're probably better off just short-hopping right? Oh maybe the EX weave if you're close enough.

In terms of just avoiding his ground throw and command throw, I would have to say that jumping out and air dashing away is the safest method without taking the risk of doing a DP or using evasive action. Just remember not to be predictable and do the same thing over and over again on wake-up because a decent Kanji will catch on and start countering your jumps/hops with his DP, air throw, etc. You have options getting away, but know that for every option you have, he probably has a counter option. Just know all your own options so you can manage Kanji's wake-up pressure better overall.